17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-04-2011, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40
Not Ranked     
Default new WA SEMA kit car bill

All you WA Cobra owners please call Sen. Mike Carrell (360) 786-7654 to support his introduction of S.B. 5585. This is a SEMA model bill allowing kit car registration as the year it replicates like OR does. Please also call the other senators of the transportation committee listed on SEMA's website. I'm awaiting info on whether passage of this bill would allow retitling of our existing cars to conform with the bill. If so you get a 1960's title and no more emission testing BS! Thanks.
Dave Miller
Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There is a transportation committee meeting on this bill tommorrow the 9th, 3:30pm at the Cherberg Building, Olympia. I and another GT40 owner will be there. Please come if you can. I got clarification from Steve McDonald at SEMA that when SEMA bills are passed it usually is possible to retitle your car to take advantage of the 1960's year designation. If you can't make it tommorrow please call Sen. Carrell to express your support. Will keep you posted as this moves thru the legislature. Would love to hear from some more Seattle area owners.
D. Miller
Old 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BIG UPDATE! We got the bill thru the Transportation committee!
Now we need help passing it thru the Senate itself. Please write or call your state senator now. This could be voted on in the next 1-2 weeks. Use the link below for bill and senator info. Also note the blue link to join SAN. That gives you automatic updates. Thanks to all of you and keep the push going!
Dave Miller
http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedema...92992A4EA9F83B
Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default WA S.B. 5585 Update

Thought I'd let you know I dropped off the amendment to S.B. 5585 allowing already titled cars to retitle as year of replication. Sen. Carrell's office called back today. He will introduce this as a floor amendment to the original bill. PLEASE CALL YOUR STATE SENATOR TO SUPPORT THIS BILL AND THE AMENDMENT. This is an uphill fight, but we can get this done if you all pitch in. Thanks.
For Senator contacts:
http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedema...92992A4EA9F83B
Dave Miller
Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Wa SEMA Bill Passes Senate!!

WA S.B. 5585 passed the full senate with the retitling amendment! Thank you Sen. Carrell and thank you Cobra supporters! Full info on the bill at
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...2011&bill=5585
Now we have to get it passed in the House Transportation Committee and full House. PLEASE CALL TRANSPORTATION MEMBERS AND YOUR HOUSE REPRESENTATIVES We can do this if you keep calling or writing. No more emission tests, a 1960's title, and historic plates!
Dave Miller
Old 03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You're probably tired of hearing from me, but S.B. 5585 Custom Car Registration reached the WA House Transportation Committee. Please contact as many Committee members as possible from the list. At least contact the Chair and 2 Vice Chairs. DO NOT CONTACT REP. FRED FINN. He has a personal vendetta out for collector cars. He introduced bills to first eliminate collector car plates and later to reduce the 30 year old window to 40 years old. I'm afraid if he gets a wiff of our bill he may be trouble. In your calls/letters note the unanimous Senate approval 48-0. If we can get this out of Committee I think we're home free. THANK YOU!!
Dave
http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Committe...bersStaff.aspx
Old 03-02-2011, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I sent a note to my personal Honorable Senator and thanked him for his work on cutting state spending and oh, btw, could you support SB 5585? I wanted to tell him I would give him a ride in my Cobra, but then I wondered if that would put me in the same class as others that regularly buy off our government, so I didn't. LOL!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default We're on the Home Stretch!!

The WA SEMA Bill passed out of the House Transportation Committee yesterday!!! We're 90% of the way home now. Steve McDonald from SEMA is pushing the Rules Committee to get it to a floor vote by the House soon. That's the last step before the Gov signing it. Please call/e mail your local state representatives to vote for SB5585. I'm going to be out of the country for a couple of weeks so please sign on to http://www.semasan.com/san/join.aspx to keep you up to date on final help needed to finish this. THANKS!
Dave

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: