28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2019, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1604, VMS 427
Not Ranked     
Default NJ registration. Would like to speak to someone.

I am still very confused about how to go about to transfer and register a BDR cobra in NJ that is titled out of state even after posting and reading all the posts.If someone that has done an out of state I would appreciate a PM or email to me to let me know how they went about it.From what I gather the title is easy. Just to register is difficult??????
Regards,
John

johnsriggins@comcast.net
Old 12-28-2019, 02:57 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

The title and registration in NY are tied together. No registration, no title. NY no longer does a "title only" process where you could title but not register/license a vehicle.

Have you talked to the DMV? You can show them copies of the existing out of state paperwork and they can confirm if it will be accepted at face value or that you will need to go through the full process like a new build. As indicated some of the process will depend on the state the current title is from.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 12-28-2019, 05:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1604, VMS 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
The title and registration in NY are tied together. No registration, no title. NY no longer does a "title only" process where you could title but not register/license a vehicle.

Have you talked to the DMV? You can show them copies of the existing out of state paperwork and they can confirm if it will be accepted at face value or that you will need to go through the full process like a new build. As indicated some of the process will depend on the state the current title is from.
I have a copy of the title of the BDR I would like to buy but not pulling the trigger till I sort this out. I was thinking about doing that.Just take a ride down and talk to someone at NJ DMV.Unfortunately all DMV's are not the same in NJ.I bought a PU truck from a dealer back in 2016 from NY and went to title and pay the NJ tax on it and they told me at Wayne DMV that the form on the back had to be filled out by the dealer. I called the dealer and they said we have sold 100's of PU trucks to customers in NJ and never had to fill out that form.So I decided to go to the Oakland DMV and had no problem at all. No questions asked. I was in and out in 15 minutes.