28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrain2000 View Post
Had I not done that on other websites I would have been accused of NOT using the search function.........anyone a member of cornercarvers
yes, I am, and you would get the same response for dredging up a 7 year old thread there as well.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-28-2013, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
yes, I am, and you would get the same response for dredging up a 7 year old thread there as well.

Bill S.
So why are you being so anal about this? I DID use the search function, and post to an existing thread, which is what you MUST do as a member of CC.

This is from their site:

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...ad.php?t=46755

"Its a bit of a reiteration of what has already been said, but it can't be stated enough:

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

That's not a suggestion - It's a rule. Rules will be enforced, some people will not be happy with the results, the rest of us will. You're not going to be banned for the occasional duplicate post or a subject that has been touched on before, but if 10 seconds and the search engine comes up with 2 or 3 of the same exact discussions or subjects, it just may be your ass. Dig up the old posts, seeing them pop to the top shows you're paying attention and actually give a **** about what you and others are discussing."

So THAT was WHY I posted to an existing post pertaining to my question. Also CC being as anal as it is, is the reason I, and many others choose not to join that site.

So please if you don't have anything to say that actually answers my question then feel free not to reply to any of my other posts......thank you.
PatBuckley likes this.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:47 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
So why are you being so anal about this?
Simple, as stated in my original response to your post, a lot has changed since 2007 in how these cars are treated in different states. As such, you dredging up an old thread might lead someone who did not realize the information was outdated down a dark path to rejection at his/her states DMV/MVS dept.......

We are not corner carvers, we are clubcobra, just the fact that Pat Buckley likes your post should clue you in

Bill S.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302
Not Ranked     

Some say there is no such thing as a dumb question. We'll I'm going to put that to that test. What is a MSO?
Old 09-28-2013, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Manufacturers Statement of Origin
Old 09-28-2013, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302
Not Ranked     

Thanks, John.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Simple, as stated in my original response to your post, a lot has changed since 2007 in how these cars are treated in different states. As such, you dredging up an old thread might lead someone who did not realize the information was outdated down a dark path to rejection at his/her states DMV/MVS dept.......

We are not corner carvers, we are clubcobra, just the fact that Pat Buckley likes your post should clue you in

Bill S.
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You using the 2007 date as a way to validate the fact that you really have nothing to say, except to try, and troll a person asking a valid question.

Like I said if you don't have anything to help answer my question, then please butt out.

You remind me of the same people that love to jump on every post that has spelling mistakes etc.

My remark about CC was about how anal some sites can be about using the search function for which, being new, I didn't know how this site would take it.

You made the remark that CC would have flamed anyone for bringing back an old post, but in my reply above I showed you that even though your a member there, you were WRONG. CC does want a poster to reply to an existing thread instead of making a new thread on the same subject.

Of course had I not used the search function, you would have been the one to cry foul about posting something that had already been posted.

Anyway this is all I have to say about this subject. Sadly since you have totally derailed this thread I WILL make another one asking my question.

Now rant on as much as you want about how justified you were to derail my question. Oh, and congratulations for being the first on this site to be on my ignore list.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:12 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You using the 2007 date as a way to validate the fact that you really have nothing to say, except to try, and troll a person asking a valid question.

Like I said if you don't have anything to help answer my question, then please butt out.

You remind me of the same people that love to jump on every post that has spelling mistakes etc.

My remark about CC was about how anal some sites can be about using the search function for which, being new, I didn't know how this site would take it.

You made the remark that CC would have flamed anyone for bringing back an old post, but in my reply above I showed you that even though your a member there, you were WRONG. CC does want a poster to reply to an existing thread instead of making a new thread on the same subject.

Of course had I not used the search function, you would have been the one to cry foul about posting something that had already been posted.

Anyway this is all I have to say about this subject. Sadly since you have totally derailed this thread I WILL make another one asking my question.

Now rant on as much as you want about how justified you were to derail my question. Oh, and congratulations for being the first on this site to be on my ignore list.
Me thinks you protest too much.

Feel free to place me on your ignore list, however, if you do search the site, you'll see I am the go to guy when it comes to current rules and regulations in regards to titling and registering these cars. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Alabama tag

lot of response for a 7 year old thread, in the last 24 hours

I live in the north west corner of Alabama. Florence, Lauderdale county

In Alabama if you have a bill of sale for a pre 1975 (76?) vehicle you take the bill of sale and the vehicle to the county (where you live) courthouse. They will check the vehicle for the vin number to match the one on the bill of sale. That is all they check for.
If you chose you can get a vintage tag. It cost $12 which is a one time fee (no tax, never, ever again) and you do not have to re-tag every year. You must turn it in when you sell the vehicle.

http://revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehi...MVR4012290.pdf

If you have a MOS then you apply thru the ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE MOTOR VEHICLE DIVISION in Montgomery by mail.

That vehicle will have a title with the year registered and you will pay taxes based on the value of the vehicle each year. You will be issued a certificate of title with the legend "ASSEMBLED."
If you have a titled vehicle from another state then you just apply for a transferred title from your local courthouse.
This is a simple basic how to tag a car in Alabama. The problem we have found is in most county the people issuing tag don't know the State law. It's easier if you know and can tell them where to look or who to ask. I would think each office has one woman who know how to tag a old car or Cobra.
I have several stories about tag a car in Alabama and I'll share one at this time.

Coach bought a 34 replica from a guy in Maryland a couple of years ago. He received a title from Maryland and a bill of sale.
He and I go to the courthouse to tag the car. He gives the lady both the title and bill of sale. She looks at the year model and hands the title back to Coach telling him she does not need the title. He tries twice to give it to her before I take it out of his hand motioning to him to be quiet. They inspect the vin plate and Coach pays $12.
If you have a bill of sale of a vintage car (25 years old) you can use a old plate instead of the state issued plate. Most of the guys around here have old Alabama plates that match the year model of their car.

Now mtrain2000 where do you live and what are you trying to tag? Please contact me and I'll talk you thru the process.

Dwight Frye algunruner@aol.com

and mrmustang is just have a bad day so please give him a break
mtrain2000 likes this.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

a pic of a few Cobra last week at Sonic, note the tags

Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Me thinks you protest too much.

Feel free to place me on your ignore list, however, if you do search the site, you'll see I am the go to guy when it comes to current rules and regulations in regards to titling and registering these cars. Good luck.

Christ Bill, lighten up, and you are not the GURU on registering anything in California. Maybe in your state and maybe in some other states but not California.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:36 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
Christ Bill, lighten up, and you are not the GURU on registering anything in California. Maybe in your state and maybe in some other states but not California.
You need to lighten up as well, I know how NOT to title register a kit car in California Then again, I do know all about SB100 in your state and have walked several through the process successfully. PA was attempting to do something similar, but several of us (7 of us) spoke directly with the head of the PA DMV here and now we have a simple and easy process which exempts users from having emissions inspections. They still have to pass the safety inspection, but that is it.

The bottom line, some of us go out of their way to help, while some others go out of their way to hinder, or allow their ego to get in the way..

Bill S.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
lot of response for a 7 year old thread, in the last 24 hours

I live in the north west corner of Alabama. Florence, Lauderdale county

In Alabama if you have a bill of sale for a pre 1975 (76?) vehicle you take the bill of sale and the vehicle to the county (where you live) courthouse. They will check the vehicle for the vin number to match the one on the bill of sale. That is all they check for.
If you chose you can get a vintage tag. It cost $12 which is a one time fee (no tax, never, ever again) and you do not have to re-tag every year. You must turn it in when you sell the vehicle.

http://revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehi...MVR4012290.pdf

If you have a MOS then you apply thru the ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE MOTOR VEHICLE DIVISION in Montgomery by mail.

That vehicle will have a title with the year registered and you will pay taxes based on the value of the vehicle each year. You will be issued a certificate of title with the legend "ASSEMBLED."
If you have a titled vehicle from another state then you just apply for a transferred title from your local courthouse.
This is a simple basic how to tag a car in Alabama. The problem we have found is in most county the people issuing tag don't know the State law. It's easier if you know and can tell them where to look or who to ask. I would think each office has one woman who know how to tag a old car or Cobra.
I have several stories about tag a car in Alabama and I'll share one at this time.

Coach bought a 34 replica from a guy in Maryland a couple of years ago. He received a title from Maryland and a bill of sale.
He and I go to the courthouse to tag the car. He gives the lady both the title and bill of sale. She looks at the year model and hands the title back to Coach telling him she does not need the title. He tries twice to give it to her before I take it out of his hand motioning to him to be quiet. They inspect the vin plate and Coach pays $12.
If you have a bill of sale of a vintage car (25 years old) you can use a old plate instead of the state issued plate. Most of the guys around here have old Alabama plates that match the year model of their car.

Now mtrain2000 where do you live and what are you trying to tag? Please contact me and I'll talk you thru the process.

Dwight Frye algunruner@aol.com

and mrmustang is just have a bad day so please give him a break
Thanks Dewight. I just sent you an email. Oh, and I can't see anything mrmustang posts anymore since he is on my ignore list, he just kinda went away......lol.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You need to lighten up as well, I know how NOT to title register a kit car in California Then again, I do know all about SB100 in your state and have walked several through the process successfully. PA was attempting to do something similar, but several of us (7 of us) spoke directly with the head of the PA DMV here and now we have a simple and easy process which exempts users from having emissions inspections. They still have to pass the safety inspection, but that is it.

The bottom line, some of us go out of their way to help, while some others go out of their way to hinder, or allow their ego to get in the way..

Bill S.
Got your attenion anyway.

Yea, it is easy to do it the wrong way. It is a lot easier to do it the correct way. Actually registering a kit / scratch built vehicle in California is fairly easy. You just have to know and abide by the rules as you know.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Got your attenion anyway.

Yea, it is easy to do it the wrong way. It is a lot easier to do it the correct way. Actually registering a kit / scratch built vehicle in California is fairly easy. You just have to know and abide by the rules as you know.
Indeed

Old 09-29-2013, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1133, Ford Racing 306
Not Ranked     

The temptation is to tell the two of you to cut the crap and let things just flow as most of the threads seem to on discussion boards no matter the subject. I mean, if the thread resurrector really wanted help, I would think that he would have mentioned the states that he had options in which to register his car. I live in California and under the terms of the SB100 law, registration can be pretty straightforward, if not routine. But the last time I checked, we are still pretty far removed from where the resurrector lives in Alabama. So, I have to believe that he just wanted to get a rise out of anybody who had the time respond. i. e., a general discussion on registering a Cobra. In fact, it might be interesting to hear from owners outside of the USA on this subject.
Now the other aspect of resurrecting this thread is that it might take on a life of its own a la "What is the latest recognition that your car has gotten recently" thread which makes me cringe every time I see it just because of the grammar/syntax/composition of the title which does not represent Club Cobra very well in my opinion. So, in that sense, I agree with the anti-resurrector in trying to spare us of an eternity in encountering a thread that has stale facts and of dubious current value.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I am the go to guy when it comes to current rules and regulations in regards to titling and registering these cars.
In ALL 50 states? Be serious.

Quote:
No Sh1t.

Quote:

Bill S.
One who thinks they are the "go to guy for the whole nation" should look in the mirror.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
In ALL 50 states? Be serious.
Ok, 39 of them to date, as well as several other countries, yes, really.

Feel free to do a search here, on clubhotrod, ffcobra (now ffcars), and if you could the original cobraforum for most of the details.

Bill S.

Last edited by mrmustang; 09-29-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ok, 39 of them to date, as well as several other countries, yes, really.
Bill S.
Who anoints you the "expert" for those 39 states? I rest my case. Go find a mirror.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Is Texas or Mass one of the 39? Do tell...