Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2001 SPF, Sold =(
Not Ranked     
Default SPF VIN location.. ?

I have my DMV fees paid and my fun "to do" list to start with getting my SB 100 number. The first being having my 2001 SPF's VIN varified by CHP. Where is the SPF VIN located? Is it on the frame somewhere?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: X Everett Morrison, X SPF 140, X SPF1823, currently SPF2778
Not Ranked     

It's stamped on the front frame cross member. The remote oil filter is mounted to this part of the frame. I think the same number is also found on several components of the car.

Tom
Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

The chasis number is stamped where TKing said but I don't think you get an actual vin# until you get your SB100. My car was already SB100 when I bought it and it has a vin plated attached next to the chasis #, but I think this was given after the SB100. I guess the verification before your SB100 would actually be a chasis # verification?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, thanks. I found it right where you guys said. I wasn't sure if it was actually a VIN number... but, I figure if the Chippie asks me where any numbers are on the car I should know! Thanks. Man, is it Jan 2 of '08 yet? lol
Old 01-30-2007, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Here is a link to a pic of the vin plate you will get...

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=25278

Last edited by SP01715; 01-30-2007 at 06:05 PM..
Old 01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715
Here is a link to a pic of the vin plate you will get...

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=25278
Cool, thanks. Did the CHP install that? if so, they did a clean job.

Great looking car too! Looks familiar!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, #930, 351W/427CID 419 RWHP (before the Webers!)
Not Ranked     

Although it was back in 2000, Superformance gave me an engraved plate with my Superformance car number on it: K1399AM1930.

When I went through the SB100 process CHP said that VIN worked for them and they did not add another number. Guess it depends o n the office and the officer.

My title uses the SPF number.

Good Luck!!

Can post a picture if needed.
Terry Brown SPF #930 427W 419 RWHP 48 IDA Webers

"Remember, your car will not be more valuable after Track Day than it is the day before the event" - Eric W. instructional presentation on Track Day safety, 05/15/2008 WSCB
Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Brown
Although it was back in 2000, Superformance gave me an engraved plate with my Superformance car number on it: K1399AM1930.

When I went through the SB100 process CHP said that VIN worked for them and they did not add another number. Guess it depends o n the office and the officer.

My title uses the SPF number.

Good Luck!!

Can post a picture if needed.
Wow, thats pretty cool. It's an actuall tag and not a stamping?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Hey Terry mine is almost as old as yours. I don't have either of those plates. Mine only has the original numbers stamped in the crossmember.
Get that engine back together yet Terry?

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

The Superformance number is stamped on a plate which is attached to the passenger side of the firewall. The plate is black. Your SPF is only 11 away from mine. The plate in the picture below is just above the carb. I'm surprised that you missed it, or that someone removed it!

I'm sure that the same number is on the frame, but I never went looking for it!

PS _ Don't believe Terry ... he has trouble seeing the differences between a Cobra and an Olds 442 ... maybe we are long lost brothers

Last edited by wtm442; 01-30-2007 at 09:00 PM..
Old 01-30-2007, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, #930, 351W/427CID 419 RWHP (before the Webers!)
Not Ranked     

Here ya go...

"Remember, your car will not be more valuable after Track Day than it is the day before the event" - Eric W. instructional presentation on Track Day safety, 05/15/2008 WSCB
Old 01-30-2007, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, I don't have any signs of a plate having been removed. Was yours mounted to your car when it came here from SPF?

Here is a pic I just took of my firewall (sorry, dark garage)

Old 01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No, they gave me the plate (Jud at Dynamic-Reno) and I mounted it myself. I used rivets (not removable nuts/bolts).

I mounted the plate on the passenger side, engine compartment, not on the firewall. I'm more than happy to send additional pictures if you need them.

Sure is a better way to go than a CHP attached number if you can find an agreeable officer. It was his suggestion not mine..

Good luck!

Last edited by Terry Brown; 01-30-2007 at 09:38 PM..
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Brown
No, they gave me the plate (Jud at Dynamic-Reno) and I mounted it myself. I used rivets (not removable nuts/bolts).

I mounted the plate on the passenger side, engine compartment, not on the firewall. I'm more than happy to send additional pictures if you need them.

Sure is a better way to go than a CHP attached number if you can find an agreeable officer. It was his suggestion not mine..

Good luck!
Yea, that plate you have looks great. I wonder if I could add something like that to my car and hope the CHP inspector used it?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The CHP inspector told me that if the numbers on the frame don't fit within a specified format they will assign a new one to the car . I think it has to be at least 11 characters and stamped in multiple places.
I believe the SPF has one on the trunk as well as in the engine compartment. They do check for a "hidden" VIN stamping on the car. Mine has one on the bottom of the drivers door hinge and another location. I pointed them out to the guy so he didn't have to search for them.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Powershift don't be surprised if you don't have a plate. As far as I can tell mine never did. I don't even have one of those funny looking blue and silver tags. I do have the sb100 tag on the inner firewall.
BTW you should get another carb return spring. You need two. The tech inspectors will bust you for only having one. Got me at WSCB last spring.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-31-2007, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Powershift:

In thinking back 6+ years (hard at my age) I got the Superformance plate blank and had it engraved with the SPF supplied vin before I attached it. I would think those vin plates must be available from Dynamic or Hillbank. As an aside, I saw one SPF owner who used a "Shelby" vin plate and a CSX number .... I'm not sure what he was thinking

Thudmaster:

Naw, still down for leak repair and upgrades. With this weather I could be out every day! I'll get it finished and the rain will start

Terry

Old 01-31-2007, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My car does not have the black plate on the firewall either (it does have a Roush plate but that is not related). It also has the SB100 sticker on the firewall with vin# and the plate riveted on the frame with the vin#. The car was SB100 when I bought it and I believe it was done in 06
( I bought the car in August of the same year). I am not sure if the blue and silver plate was an option or not, but it appears to be a state issued plate.