14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Default Sb100

As of 1/14/08: Have any of you received your SB100 documents in the mail yet?

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 01-14-2008 at 06:56 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Must be getting close?

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 01-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Not yet...........but engine not in yet anywy.........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Mine hasn't come yet either. Should be soon.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Nada, but I would guess it would be 10 business days, or two weeks before we see anything.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi Tech 533
Not Ranked     

Asked a friend at DMV and he said that all 500 were supposed to be in the mail by the 18th. He got information from another employee who works in Sacramento.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just learned that my paperwork was mixed up with someone else's that was in line that day. The person who was in line that day has his paperwork mixed up with another person's paperwork not even there for SB100. Here's the other guy's story:

"I was #5 in the DMV line behind you this morning. I have to tell you what happened to me. After all you guys in front of me left with a number, then all the guys behind me left with their numbers, I began to panic. The supervisor called someone named (name deleted for privacy) for his paperwork and no one came forward, she called again, no one came forward, this was 10:00 AM. I am the only one still there without a number. I went up and asked her what happened to the paperwork for (name deleted for privacy)?" She said they were still working on it. Two of the guys behind me didn't even have any paperwork and they already had their numbers and were gone. While I was standing there I saw my paperwork on the counter. They had stapled Avia's papers to mine. Avia was there for something else, not SB100. While she was apologizing, one of the other ladies came up and gave me another number, which made two, one #052 and the other #054. I told them that if Sacramento found out I had two numbers they might cancel both of them, so they had to get on the phone again and correct it. I didn't get out of there until about 10:30 AM. Oh well, now I have one."

I've got a strong feeling that my SB100 number is now gone and that I will be back in line in 2009.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Rodney,

If that is true, there has to be some recourse with an internal foul up like that. I have heard that for any number of reasons, when they say all the SB 100 numbers are gone, in fact, there may be one or two lurking still due to mistakes, or someone finds out after the fact that the paper work isn't complete for one reason or another on some applicant and they have to forfeit the sequence assignment.

I would escalate this right to the Director's office in Sacto ASAP and not wait around for your local people no matter how helpful they have been. Simply alert them to the notion that you don't want to be left out this year after you had done everything correctly by their own rules....no offense to them... They would correct it if they could. Letters get action and written responses....phone calls get either ignored or another phone call. My past experience anyway. Keep us posted.

TR
Old 01-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, after making several fruitless calls to several (916) and the 1-800 DMV phone numbers, I decided to visit 'my' DMV and spoke with the manager who handled the SB100 assignments. She got on the phone to Sacramento and found someone there who knew something, since this SPU (Special Processing Unit) was shut down after January 2nd. Anyway, the local manager was getting a little of the "run around" too. When they shut down the SPU they sent the files "upstairs." The person in Sacramento said they will go upstairs and check the files and would call the local DMV manager back in eight (8) minutes. Well, twenty minutes later, Sacramento called back and told the local DMV manager that they decided to give me Doug's (Got The Bug's) SB100 assignment. Just kidding Doug. Back to the story, the Sacarmento person said that my name is/was still attached the original SB100 number assignment that I received on January 2nd. The local DMV manager seems to remember the double number issuance to the other person waiting in line with me and they corrected it "right there and then."

Sure can't wait for that paperwork to come in the mail OR NOT.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Rod - Don't worry, I put a call in to "Arnold the Governator" to give you a reprieve on your SB100#. It's all taken care of.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I'm may purchase an out of state SPF that is currently registered in TX as a 1965 Ford. I want to register it in CA under SB100 and I know I will have to wait until Jan 2009.
My questions are:

1. What documents do I need to get from the seller in TX in order to register it in CA under the SB100 without any problem?

2. If I purchase the car this month will I have to wait until Jan 2009 before I can drive it in CA or is there some sort of TOP I could get that will allow me to enjoy driving the car until then?

I have been trying to read all the SB100 threads and can't seem to get a clear answer. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan
Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doug, sent you an email. The story goes on. It sounds like they're still trying to sort things out with me. It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Ugh.

Dan, you will need a bill of sale and title from TX. You probably can drive all year with TOP's, but it will depend on the DMV that you go to and the story(ies) you give them. Do a google search an you will find a few good links on SB100.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan - I'm not sure where you're located, but the Santa Clara DMV consistently gave me 60 day TOPs. I drove from July through December, and got a 90 day TOP on 1/08. Regarding the registration. Is "1965 Ford" how an SPF car would normally be registered in TX (I have no idea). When I was looking at out of state cars, there were a few instances where people had pulled VINs off of old street cars (i.e. 65 Ford Convertible) and used the title to register their car.

Rod- Got your email and responded.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Doug and Rodknock, thanks for the info.
I was thinking I would need the original receipts of the roller and engine, but is sounds like all I need is a Bill of sale and TX title.

Doug, The car is actually registered as a 1965 Cobra in TX. That is a good question if the VIN was pulled from another car. I'm not sure how to verify that.

thanks again.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You might want to post on the Superformance or Texas Club forum and ask one of the folks in Texas how an SPF would be registered. They might even be familiar with the car.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan, you would only need the receipts for the roller (MSO), engine and transmission, if the car had never been registered anywhere. Good to have them though.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Dan I looked on line at the superformance you are considering in Texas. Have you looked in California for something similar? I was at Hillbank Motorsprorts in Irvine a couple weeks ago and they had a number of great looking superfarmances. All their cars are already sb100. Just a thought.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RodKnock - What DMV office were you in?
Old 01-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Red, I went to Santa Clara. They have a great operation, unfortunately, I've just now uncovered this problem with the shuffled paperwork. The DMV manager called me last night and wanted to verify some info with me, so it still sounds like I'm NOT out of the woods yet. The manager is supposed to call me back today after speaking with someone in Sacramento.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Man, I wish you all the luck in the world. I can't think of many things worse than what your going through.