Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default SB100 After the fact

Is it true that you can get an SB100 after you have registered your car in California? If so, what paperwork needs to be used to apply for it?

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Yes. You can apply for an SB100 Sequence Number for your SPCN. Just go to the DMV on Jan 2nd with your title and request one.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:24 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

However, iIf your car is not titled as an SPCN, you need to go to the CHP and have them complete and sign a REG 124 - Application for Assigned Vehicle Identification Number Plate form.

CHP will keep a copy and give you two, one for you and one for the DMV. Take them along with your title on Jan 2. This will tell the DMV that CHP has confirmed that your car is not a 1965 Ford, (or whatever is on the title) and is fact an SPCN, which then allows you to apply for a sequence number.

Time saving tip - At least in the San Jose office, CHP will not inspect your car without an appointment. I just went through this process, and it takes about 1/2 hour: 20 minutes waiting, 10 to complete the inspection.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane,# 1060
Not Ranked     

I just got my vin# yesterday ,took 45min ,but on the part that said replica yes or no they checked no did my car just become real in the eyes of the dmv.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

cab,

I've double checked my REG 124 form and can't find a "replica yes or no" part or box anywhere on it. In the "Make" box mine has "SPCNS" written in, and in the "Comments" line at the bottom he wrote "verification kit car cobra". At the bottom left of my form it says: REG 124 (Rev. 9/2000).

I'm not an expert on this process by any means, and defer to Randy who is, but this is the form DMV told me I needed as my title reads "1965 Ford". They told me there was no way I would get a sequence number with that on my title unless I had this form signed by CHP.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane,# 1060
Not Ranked     

on the bottom 1st line far right it says ,replica y or n,on my comment line he wrote verfy only /chp control # xxxxxx