Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     
Default Placement of SB 100 Sticker

Looking for recommendations about where to ask the BAR to place the SB100 sticker on my SuperFormance. I searched for a previous thread, but couldn't find it.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

I put mine on the passenger side footwell.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 04-17-2008, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built Bowtie, C4 suspension, Fiberjet body, 427 Rat
Not Ranked     

Ditto. My is placed on the top of the passenger side footbox.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed - Passenger side footwell near the Superformance VIN plate? That's where I was going to ask them to put it.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I didn't get to choose. He put it on the drivers footbox. Bastard didn't even get it on there straight but having it was enough to forgive his minor transgression.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

My superformance vin plate is mounted on the firewall directly behind the carb.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They keep moving the VIN plate around. Mine is on the passenger side footwell just below the MSD box. Hoping that they can tuck the SB100 sticker next to the VIN plate.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Getting ready for the BAR appointment at some point in the future and I was hunting around to see what innovative places they have found to put the SB100/BAR sticker. Has everyone put in the engine compartment?

Has anyone stuck their sticker inside the car, under the dash, or in/around the door somewhere. I have a Kirkham, so they're probably a little different than an SPF. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rodney - I know that some people have the sticker on the inside of their trunk. I've heard that in some cases, the BAR iinspector didn't give people a choice and stuck it right on the firewall (hopefully straight!). My SB 100 sticker s kind of tucked out of the way on the front wheel well on the passenger side.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1474: 482 CI stroked tunnel port 427 with dual quads.
Not Ranked     

I have mine on the driver's side firewall.

Ask BAR to print you a second one so you can wear it like a "Hello My Name Is" sticker for any future Cobra events.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was figuring that the engine compartment wasn't a good place, since all the heat that's inside. I thought about the trunk, since my trunk isn't carpeted at the moment, but I was thinking I may do it someday. Doug, I may go to Evergreen like you did or possibly South San Francisco. SSF is probably closer for me, but it sounds like Evergreen knows what to do.

By the way, CHP was done yesterday.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
I've heard that in some cases, the BAR iinspector didn't give people a choice and stuck it right on the firewall (hopefully straight!).
I would be one of those. Note in upper left hand corner of this very old pic.

Sometimes the BAR guys have no sense. He told me "If you get pulled over, the officer is going to want to see that sticker." Yeah right. The LAST thing an officer is going to want to know is that I'm smog legit. Dumb azz....

4.5 years later and I'm still bitter over this...

-Dean #747
Old 10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Mine is on the firewall on the passenger side.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Sp931
Not Ranked     

[quote=Got the Bug;835872]Looking for recommendations about where to ASK the BAR to place the SB100 sticker on my SuperFormance.

The bar is going to put the sticker on a porion of the car
that is in plain sight when the hood get's opened and is not
likely ever to be replaced. I don't make the rules and neither do you. You will be lucky if they even let you near
the car while it's in their test booth since it becomes some sort of insurance liability issue with them. They stuck mine
just behind the carb on the aluminum firewall very nice and neat and even level, this is at Hartnel College in Salinas. THe CHP will also attach two vin plates to your car,one on the frame which is riveted and a sticker usually on the door jam, you can ask nicely for your preference but don't be surprised if you get nowhere with them. Just feel lucky that you can actually get the car registered at all in this state given the belching smog it produces.......With the amnesty program getting under way if you even get a
SB100 cert at the begining of the year consider that you have won the loto since 10,000 hot rods will be chomping at the bit to get one too. Good luck

McDoo
Old 10-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1473 392 cu.in. titanium/black stripes
Not Ranked     

The weasels put mine on the front frame crossmember, you have to get on your belly with a flashlight to see it...and even then it's hard to read the information. I'm still steamed.
Bob
Old 10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rodney,

A few people have mentioned that they covered the SB 100 sticker with clear tape. I've been driving my car for 16 months and the sticker looks like new. You can always get another (requires a visit to the BAR) one if it ever got damaged or was no longer readable.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Rodney,

You can always get another (requires a visit to the BAR) one if it ever got damaged or was no longer readable.
"Had a horrible engine fire, guys. Toasted the old sticker right off the polished firewall. Well I just finished cleaning her up and was wondering if you wouldn't mind placing the new sticker (points fingers to wheel well area just below where the SPF cowl tag is, along with $50 bill hanging out of shirt pocket) right about here."
Old 10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

As I was going thru my title woes, the DMV required that I get a new VIN. At the time, my BAR SB100 sticker had my original VIN. So, after the CHP gave me a new VIN, I made an appointment to see the BAR about getting a replacement SB100 sticker printed with my new VIN. What a hassle! Fortunately, I spoke with a guy in Sacramento at the "BAR headquarters", and he told that that there should be no problem getting a replacement sticker with my new VIN. I'm glad I had his name/number with me, 'cause the BAR ref was no way gonna print me a new sticker. He ended calling the dude in Sacramento and eventually agree, however to get a new sticker, the testing had to be done all over again from scratch - no big deal. Oh yeah, he wanted my clumpled up old sticker after I peeled it off, to be sure it was disposed of properly - I was about ready to tell him where to dispose it. The good part was that I got my new sticker and he handed it to me to place where I wanted it.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=McDoo;886955]
Quote:
Looking for recommendations about where to ASK the BAR to place the SB100 sticker on my SuperFormance.

The bar is going to put the sticker on a porion of the car
that is in plain sight when the hood get's opened and is not
likely ever to be replaced. I don't make the rules and neither do you. You will be lucky if they even let you near
the car while it's in their test booth since it becomes some sort of insurance liability issue with them. They stuck mine
just behind the carb on the aluminum firewall very nice and neat and even level, this is at Hartnel College in Salinas. THe CHP will also attach two vin plates to your car,one on the frame which is riveted and a sticker usually on the door jam, you can ask nicely for your preference but don't be surprised if you get nowhere with them. Just feel lucky that you can actually get the car registered at all in this state given the belching smog it produces.......With the amnesty program getting under way if you even get a
SB100 cert at the begining of the year consider that you have won the loto since 10,000 hot rods will be chomping at the bit to get one too. Good luck

McDoo
I only have the BAR appointment left. No problems with the CHP and I obviously already have my SB100 #. I hope to get a decent BAR referee who'll allow me to place my sticker where I want. I'll be on my best behavior
Old 10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Where does it say that the sticker has to be visible when the hood is opened? I know I've seen at least one Cobra with the sticker in the trunk.