Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Road Serpents Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-15-2002, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Superformance Quality

All:

As you may know, I've been doing some studying on which car to buy. I had looked at the Superformance cars last fall, and didn't really know if I could swing the money. Yesterday I posted a message asking what the average price was for a SPF car. Jim and Dean at Dynamic Motorsports in Ross, OH caught my message, and gave me a call this morning.

I made an arrangement with Jim to see the cars again this Friday, but ended up driving up there today due to the fabulous weather here in KY. I would have been happy to just walk around and view the beautiful cars, but Jim took me a ride in a Cobra with a stroked 351W crate engine. That was snag #1.

Snag #2 came when he offered to let me drive another Cobra that they had there. I think I can die now. That was my first time behind the wheel, and we took a nice 30 minute drive through the country. Pure Cobra heaven.

Jim and Dean both know that price is an important issue to me, and they know I am also considering a Unique car for that reason. Guys right out of college just don't have the capital sometimes... : ) When I got home from Cincinnati, Dean called me and talked at length about my visit.

Basically, if you're in the same boat as me, I would highly advise talking to these guys. These cars (if you haven't seen one) are beautiful. Show quality paint...very well put together. No rattles, no squeaks...just Cobra euphoria. If you're around this area, you should stop by and talk to either one of them. They will go out of their way to make sure you're happy. I have never seen such wonderful service from anyone. Even their Parts Manager dropped what he was doing and talked to me about different shock/spring options.

So I just wanted to come on here and tell everyone how nice these guys are. I've heard other club members talk about them, but I've witnessed it firsthand. Not only do you get a quality car, but you get the quality manpower to back it up.

If you guys are reading, thanks again. I couldn't comment more highly on this experience.

Well you guys take care; I've got some calls to make... : )

Brent
Old 04-16-2002, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

blykins
You may be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Did you read the thread above and below yours. That may give you an idea if you are really doing the right thing???

What you say about Dynamic and Dean are dead on. They may appreciate a better place for better visbilty than posting your impresions of their car somewhere other than the Road Serpents thread.
Tell them TURK says "hello". We think they are good competetion. They actually do deliver their cars on time. We don't!!

TURK
Old 04-16-2002, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent ~ thats all it took for me too!!! One trip to Dynamic and the rest is history. Well almost, I hope to have my car next week. Great car and great people.

Brian
SPF #1299
Old 04-16-2002, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Talking Maybe not Big guy!

Brian,

"I hope to have my car next week."

Not if I get there first!

What color is our car again?????

Eric the Great Asp
Old 04-16-2002, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up SPF

Superformance has chosen it's dealers well, I met both Doug Reed and Dennis Olthoff this past weekend. Both of these people are great reps of SPF. Dennis was driving one of their cars with a SPF hardtop and a Roush engine, and Doug brought up a new colored Cobra in charcoal. I also learned Bill Parham not only builds engines but is a dealer for SPF. He had a nice Titanium/Black car with one of his engines. Nice choice.
Dan
Old 04-16-2002, 06:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey!

What are all these Superformance people doing posting on the Road Serpents Forum?

Old 04-16-2002, 06:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That was my fault. I'm sorry...I started the thread in the wrong hole. I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing....I wasn't trying to put anyone else's kit down...just a little brain fade.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We'll see if we can lure some of their customers away. We didn't go lookig for them, they came in here.
hey boys...send us your deposits we will send you an authographed picture of Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa.

Black velvet paintings are extra.

This week only! No extra charge for 5 speed toploaders with an overdrive. IRS rear ends the same as 9" Ford.

Offer is void and prohibited where admissable by law?

TURK
Serpents Inc.

We have Cobras, Corral , and Rattlers. New shipment of African Black Mambas expected within a week.
Send money.

Last edited by Turk; 01-11-2005 at 12:58 AM..
Old 04-16-2002, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

blykins
You are absolutely welcome in here. I am NOT sure Rosens will feel the same way.

You sure you don't want a Road Serpent Model 234?

TURK
Old 04-16-2002, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric ~ mine will be the one chained to the floor........blue w/white stripes.......FOCS #1299 on the windshield. Good God, I hope I am able to get it out of there before all of you SCOF guys get there next weekend

Brian

p.s. I'll throw in a free FOCS hat if you promise not to take my car
Old 04-16-2002, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hehehe....So what do I need to complete this Road Serpent kit?
Old 04-16-2002, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

blykins
A few hand tools, a donor car, a donor frame and a donor body will get started. It got us started!

Depending on your talent level, you may want to order a Rollover, or a kit. Rollovers are easier to finish.
Kits require a little more TLC. We discourage anyone who has never built one of our kits, to start doing it now.
If you spend 3-4 hours a night and most of your weekends, you should be up and running for DVSF-VII.

It all depends how good YOU are, not how good WE are. If you screw it up, it is your fault. People will laugh at you, not us!. We are not affected by such bad press. We are used to it!

So send the money first, and ask questions when the backordered parts arrive.

TURK

PS> Kits come with two 3 page unstruction manual, photos, diagrams, parts list and picture of our favorite tracks. In the back page of the instruction manual you will find the applications for RSCAM.Road Serpent Cobra Assoc. of Merica.

Last edited by Turk; 04-16-2002 at 07:54 PM..
Old 04-16-2002, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I am going with Road Serpents. I just modified my profile to reflect my attitude! I am so happy!!! I am getting the "Anniversay Edition". I haven't seen photos, but the owner tells me not to hold my breathe!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Default 1299 ????

Brian,

You better get there before next weekend, we do not yet have a proper Pinata, and.....well, you know...

I suggest you get 1299 the FOCS out of there

Which color blue?

Eric the Great Asp
Old 04-17-2002, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric ~ actually it is titanium w/black stripes. Eric @ Performance _______?? (used to be Competition Motorsports) is just about done with the motor. Should be on the dyno this Friday and hopefully I'll have the car before next weekend. If not.......I'm FOCS'ed

Brian
Old 04-20-2002, 09:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. SpecialK
These are breath taking vehicles. Not only you should not hold your "breathe", you shouldn't breathe either!

TURK
VP of Spelling Division!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: