Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Road Serpents Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 S/C 351W stroked to 396, by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     
Question runs for about 20 seconds

I need some help here. My 351w runs for about 20-30 seconds than dies, and will not restart for about 5 minutes. Then it will fire and run for again for 20-30 seconds. The car was running fine about 3 weeks ago and it sat for awhile and when I went to fire it up it is running like this. During the 3 weeks span I had replaced the Edlebrock with a demon carb. So far I have rebuilt the demon carb, swapped the demon back with the edlebrock, tried a different coil, and put on a new cap and rotor. I have noticed that when I had a plug at the end of a wire that I was getting good spark until about 20 seconds and the plug was not fireing, but the engine was running a bit but really rough, and then died. I have a ford electronic distributor, I don't know if the ignitor may be bad in the stock ford electronic distributor. If you all think it may be the ignitor, what years were the electronic distributors first put in Fords as it has a small cap, not the large style caps on the 86 and up mustangs. I have a Mallory distributor I want to put in, but I would rather get it running now and then swap out the distributor, instead of playing with to many variables.
I have checked the carb and before and after and right after the engine dies I have gas squirting out the nozzles, and my pressure is 6 psi. Thanks for the help
Mike
Old 09-01-2003, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

To: Mr. E. Ticket

Re: Engine stalling concern

Date: September 1, 2003

Dear Mr. Ticket,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the stalling concern you are experiencing with your small block Ford.

While RSI TechLine is not in the habit of acknowledging the existince of small block engines, we are not as busy today due to the National Holiday (Labor Day).

Install your Mallory distributor and your problem will be solved.

If you have any further problem please contact us again,

RSI TechLine
Old 09-01-2003, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 S/C 351W stroked to 396, by Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     

hey Pat,
thanks for the reply, i have no idea how I eneded up on your section, anyway thanks for the reply and that is probably what I'll try.
Mike
Old 09-01-2003, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

Hi Mike -

Actually this is Turks section - he is no doubt off on his new Harley so I thought I would chip in and offer a suggestion - at the same time including a miniscule amount of humor...

Pat
Old 09-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Old 09-05-2003, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

I feel like a spider!!

TURK
Pat thanks for manning the tech support. I had to let the other girl go again. Same problem all over. Man it is getting tough to get good help nowadays.
To our beloved customers, if you call on Monday-Fridays between 9-5 PST and we don't answer the phone, there is a good reason.
Let it ring.... WE do.

TURK
RSI Tech Support
Old 09-06-2003, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

RSI (Europe) helpdesk here:

Eticket - do you have an electric fuel pump? Is it wired through an oil pressure switch?

If so - check the wiring, could be the switch breaks on rising oil pressure (i.e. as the engine starts), stops fuel pumping - engine stops. Then when you check your fuel pressure with the engine stopped - bingo! it's back.

Believe it or not, I have seen this before - the guy had tried 3 carbs, 2 distributors, several ignition packs, and was about to commit suicide. When I diagnosed it he was so annoyed he never spoke to me again. His loss.

HTH