14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default The Official Registration for Run N Gun 2010 ...

Keep Watching for more information on this years Run N Gun happening September 23-25, 2010 at MPH Racetrack in Hastings, Nebraska.

Come as a participant or NOT and enjoy the fun and activites for the whole family. Plenty to do whether you race or not: Go kart racing for everyone after the track goes cold (45 mph go karts and for the more advanced Shifter Karts). Tours and cruises and the fun of just hanging out. It's free to non participants for all the non track activities. T-shirts and other items will be for sale at registration.

You don't want to miss this years Run N Gun because it will be talked about for years to come. Huge support from our sponsors and vendors which means real goodies in our goodie bag (think t-shirts, koozies, etc plus your Run N Gun entry fee will entitle you to not only a t-shirt (Embroidered Run N Gun Golf shirts for Early Registrants) but some comemorative items we are including for the first time ever. Check us out in the coming day's and weeks for more details, see our web site.

Thank you,
Your Run N Gun Directors:

Clois Harlan Dean Lampe Mat Twiehaus

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 04-20-2010 at 06:24 AM..
Old 04-20-2010, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Cant wait to register for the event. Lucky me It is a chance for me to go home and visit my mom.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

I was talking to George Anderson (track owner and owner of Gessford Machine #1 Engine builder in the USA in 08) and he has some special plans to make everyone glad they came. Those of you that have been to his track before know how connected he is to the town of Hastings and how good of a host he truely is. Unlike other Run N Gun events we have something for everyone wheather you want to just hang out or compete with your peers on a brand new race track. Bring your families there will be something for them as well.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like a blast with the go-carts. I plan on bringing my daughter. She's 12 and wants to be a racer. Too funny. Glad the event will be able to cater to new participants and events. Heck, just the drive to get there (9 hours from STL) will be a good time.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello Clois, Man you are killing me with the dates. They conflict with one of the biggest shows of the year for my childrens coin banks business. You know, the business that makes me money to live on! But, I am going to do everything possible to make it. I will be leaving my Cobra at home (It's to pretty to wreck!), and bringing my new SPEEDSTER. I am anxious to check out your coupe!
For those of you that don't know George, he is a great guy. I can't wait to see his facility.
Thanks for doing this again! John
Old 04-20-2010, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a great time. I hope I can make it. will be a great time to break in my new trailer
Old 04-21-2010, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John,

We missed you last year and look forward to getting to see you back on sound footing (sorry just a little pun considering your knee surgery) at Run N Gun. This year's event is really looking like it is going to be huge. So many people are on board from sponsors to former Run N Gun alumni to new drivers that just want to "Check their Cars Out in a Safe and Controlled Environment". We are still working on some plans that we have not released yet. But think about a exhibition race between some vintage cars from the sixties during the lunch break on Friday.

Mark and Tim,

I am counting on you being there because you and others like you are the soul of Run N Gun. Both of you have been so helpful with Run N Gun over the last few years that I can't imagine the event coming off without your assistance. I am sure Sharon feels the same way as I do ....let me ask her. Yep she does. There you go it's official ......both of you have to be there.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 04-21-2010 at 05:04 AM..
Old 04-21-2010, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

There is a lot of things happening for this new R&G location. I am really looking forward to the new track. I believe I will do so much better because there are no concrete barriers there like at Gateway. I think my subconscious kept me aware of that so I never really put in a 100%. George's track from the photos looks sooo good. I'll be ready this year as I'm trying to sort a new brake system.
A few of the manufacturers always bring a surprise to display at R&G. I am anxious to see the new Hurricane. Dean's car is really lookin' goooood!
I sure hope moving the dates to September make it easier for some folks to come.
Clois, I think you need to post all about this over on the Spyder forum www.spyderclub.com and the Locost forum www.locostusa.com
There is other kit type forums. I'm sure they have plenty of members that would love to come to R&G.

Looking forward to seeing everybody there. You too John.

Hersh
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hersh,

We may need to convoy up to Hastings. If you dont mind a stop near Omaha so I can visit my Mom. I was looking ahead and baring any Hurricanes (Yes the storm types not the cars) I was thinking about leaving Monday or Tuesday and take my time.

Tim you need to break in the new trailer and we can have fun as the street novice gang unless you are going against the big boys?

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 04-21-2010, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Sounds good Greg. I can't say for certain as I don't know when my Aussie buddy will be coming in if he decides to come. Either way it's an adventure trip I like. Heck, Rick Lake has to come in all the way from the right coast so I know it's worth the trip if he does it.

Hersh
Old 04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey John,

I just went to your web site "Big Belly Banks" and I am going to order at least three of your banks for my grand children. Do you think you might like to donate one to Run N Gun to be given away this year?

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hersh,

We can get bored driving through the Cornhusker state and look at all the corn being ready for harvesting.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Greg, Are you saying that Cornhuskers are boring or the corn?
You might get a sooner to agree with you.
Hersh
Old 04-21-2010, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Thanks Clois, but you're giving us waaaayyy too much credit, well, me anyway I'm thinking this will be a great birthday present, my wife, not so much, but if you promise to let her drive a go-cart, I think she will be on board Gregg, I still think I will be in Novice class - Clois - are ya'll going to group by times from Wednesday or from input from the driver?

So, how's the hotel availability? I hear there's a Nebraska game the same weekend.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello Clois, Thanks for wanting to order my banks. Email me at jmcbigbelly@yahoo.com, let me know what you want and I will make you a good deal! I will be glad to donate some banks for Run n Gun.
Maybe I'll bring my aluminum chassis Cobra to the event. It uses C5 parts. I have a light weight body. Total weight, under 1800lbs!

[

I'm looking forward to seeing you Hersh, and finding out more about your project!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hersh,
Driving through the state is borning. I dont think this Cornhusker is boring. Well just dont ask Donna that question. She just might say yes I am boring.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleVenom View Post
Thanks Clois, but you're giving us waaaayyy too much credit, well, me anyway I'm thinking this will be a great birthday present, my wife, not so much, but if you promise to let her drive a go-cart, I think she will be on board Gregg, I still think I will be in Novice class - Clois - are ya'll going to group by times from Wednesday or from input from the driver?

So, how's the hotel availability? I hear there's a Nebraska game the same weekend.

Sorry I didn't answer this Sooner Tim but yes there is a OU/ Nebraska football game on Saturday. The hotel rooms are still available at the Holiday Inn however they would only let us reserve 50 so I would suggest anyone planning on going to this years Run N Gun make their reservations directly with the Hastings, Ne Holiday Inn (see our web site for details and telephone number). If your plans change you can cancel your reservations at the hotel as long as it is done 48 hours prior to arrival and you can cancel your RNG registration with a $50 cancellation fee prior to 30 days out.

Classes will be as set out on our web site. HOWEVER, RUN GROUPS will be determined by your morning times on the road course. After lunch everyone will be placed in a run group based on their recorded times on the road course. Run groups are intended to place drivers with like speeds in the same run group to avoid fast cars being held up by slower ones and slower driver not being intimidated by faster cars in their class. Believe me there can be very fast cars in all classes regardless of the engine size or tire requirements. This is a safety precaution as well as an enjoyment feature of Run N Gun.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That is an awsome chassis, I remember you telling me about it.

As far as the banks I think we would like to give one away at our banquet. We are planning on giving away several very nice items (Billboards, Edelbrock Intake, etc.). some of our sponsors are being very kind. You don't have to race to win prizes but you may need to register to participate in some of the drawings etc.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois/Dean/Mark E - Just a thought on the website at http://www.runngun.net - Registration - You should make a clearer link/location or big arrow point to 2010 Registration. I kind of had to search and found it under Forms. Any thought to online registration? Pay by Paypal?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We can set up a paypal account for registration. I will talk to Mark about the specifics.

Thanks Tim for your input, we need critical observations.

Clois

"Let's roll"