14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Get off your duffs ---Let's Do It!

Registration is open for this years Run and Gun so if you are planning to attend I would encourage you to submit your registration as soon as possible. Enrolling early saves you one hundred dollars and should something change in your schedule you can receive a refund (less $50) up 30 days prior to the event.

As most of you know this years Run N Gun is being held at MPH (Motorsports Park Hastings) in Hastings, Nebraska. This is a brand new track owned in part by George Anderson former Run N Gun participant and coordinator. This years Run N Gun will litterally offer something for everyone whether you are a participant or you just want to join us for the cruise and activities associated with Run N Gun. From Go Karts on the road course to tours of the Kool Aid factory this year is going to be special and I hope you can join us. If you want to know more about Run N Gun go to our web site at www.runngun.net or contact one of the directors listed on our web page.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-04-2010, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

Clois
The Iowa contingent would love to attend this year since it's now much closer, and of course George will be the consummate host, but our club has the weekend booked for the annual Steak Fry and installation of officers and our group would risk banishment if we head for Nebraska for the weekend. Maybe next year?
Doug
Old 05-04-2010, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

Steak Fry! That will make you talk funny and walk backwards. I hope you guys have a great time and hopefully, you can make it next year.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

I hope the rest of you are getting your cars ready like I am. Actually not like I am, as its a rebuild. Hopefully you're ordering parts to make you cars faster for the event like I'd like to be doing. Right now just want it to be running by then. It will be, I promise. Otherwise dad did buy a new EM I can't wait to drive on the track.... Come on everyone, clear those calenders of meetings and get ready. I can't wait!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I'm with you Matt! I'm working hard to get my project done too. Run and Gun is a great place to get to know how your car will handle in a safe environment with an instructor to guide you. The addition of the cruise and other off track activities will be a pleasant change as well. You don't have to be a track guy to have a great time at Run and Gun.

Come on Doug, how many times does an event like this get this close to Iowa! We would love to have you guys join us for part of the event. We will have things wrapped up by lunch time on Saturday for those that don't want to taste George's gourmet cookin'!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hi Guys

Clois New custom enclosed trailer is ordered. 6-8 weeks to get. It's a low hauler. Found an oil leak under the car for the rearend. Have to repair it. Couple of small changes to the car for more cooling. Need to start working on car soon for summer.

I hope that some of the guys who might come will give a yes for this. I have walked and talked to alot of drivers,mechanics, and others about a change from Gateway and some of the issues we had with walls and locations. This is a new track, wide open area. The worst thing that can happen here is a swim in the back lake or running into a corn field. I am driving solo 1,400 miles for this. It's even a longer drive for the BDR guys. There are going to be 3 days of endless running and evening of god only knows. Gokarts, cruise, picnic, and fresh air.

If you are REALLY thinking of going, drop a line to Clois, dean or the other guy. They need a head count. George said the track speed are in the 140 mph on the back side and plenty of room for passing and letting out all 600 HP. Hoping for good weather and no submarine races like last year. Rick L.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my beloved Shelby CSX 4068, Gessford 427 Ford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlampe View Post
Come on Doug, how many times does an event like this get this close to Iowa! We would love to have you guys join us for part of the event. We will have things wrapped up by lunch time on Saturday for those that don't want to taste George's gourmet cookin'!

George can cook? Will it involve Kool Aid?

I have several guys who'd like to try out MPH. We've tossed around the idea of renting it for a weekday.

You're right, outside of the Iowa Mustang Club's open track weekend at MAM July 17-18, there is a pretty good drive involved to exercise our cars on a track. And none of us have actually driven MPH (can't count George's demo laps in a Z06). There's always a thrill involved in learning a new track.

Just can't do it this year. Don't count us out for one in the future, though. The earlier we know the dates, the better. Hint, hint......
Old 05-13-2010, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Rick,

Our Run N Gun participant history is such that half of our people register early and the rest wait until the day of the event but I won't mention any names (Gary, Reg, Dave, Mike, and uh a few others whose names are more recognizable). We love 'em all because they are the fabric of Run N Gun. For those that choose to attend this year this will be one of the best times of your adult driving experience. We know our dates may not be ideal with everyone but we hope that those that want to have some fun or learn more about their cars can make it this year. Competition is for those that want it but the enjoyment and education you get from Run N Gun is priceless.

Join us if you can September 23-25, 2010 at MPH in Hastings, Ne. I have spoken to the Chamber of Commerce and they are virtually throwing the doors open for us. I can absolutely promise one thing and that is that this will be fun for those competiting as well as others who choose to just hang with us.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

I haven't been to RnG since '95 in Phoenix. I did go in '93 in Indy also (there was no road course there, only slalom as I recall, which sucked...). Recent years it has been way too far for most West Coast folks, so I was thinking of trying to go this year (not that it is much closer), but... There has always been drag racing. Is it true there will be no drags this year? I know NE has a drag strip, I've been on it.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The dragstrip has not been built yet at MPH. We knew there was a possibility the construction would not be complete for this years RNG. However, we ran into some issues last year at St. Louis because several of our participants were exceeding the safety limits of their cars (sub-10's and all cars were not equipped with the proper roll cage for the speeds they were obtaining). Gateway would not allow us to use their drag strip for the 1/8th or 1/4 mile because of the libility issues we were creating.

Now, for the other news on RNG. We will have two FULL days of road course, an SCCA Auitocross, a Barrel Race (which resembles a drag race with a spin-Litterally) and some serious burnouts. The drag strip may be an option for Saturday but we have not confirmed anything yet.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way Lew Payne is planning to make the trip from the Phoenix area to RNG this year maybe you can convoy together.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-14-2010, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Outstanding !! Lew Payne back at R&G. This year will be fantastic. I pretty sure Bill(The Bull)Frimpter is also planning on coming.
And Rick Lake with an enclosed trailer? Man Oh Man ! He will for sure be one to watch.
We had a lot of newbies last year. I hope they all come back. Getting rained out for some of the event was bad luck but we all still had a good time. I enjoyed the barrel event. At first it didn't appear to be all that fun but once you made a run you couldn't help but wanting to try again and do better. It was a lot harder than it looks. I swear that barrel moves when you're trying to go around it. I gotta learn how to use that E brake.
Mainly I'm looking forward to the new track. From the photos MPH looks like a blast. I should point out though that Lew's Margarita machine is right up there too. It will be good to sit around after the day is done drinking a cold Margarita and swapping race stories.

Hersh
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

It is unfortunate that the drag racing is no longer part of the Run and Gun but we can do some burn out, drive as fast as you can runs on the track and post the top speeds from or radar gun!

It will probably be more fun.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Having been ther the last four years has been great,to say the least its allways fun,and a thrill to run with you guys.I hope the new venue works out to be the greatest event ever.As many know the Daytona went bye bye a few weeks ago,I thought I would never cry over a carIt really tore my guts out to sell it,but ALL the drive train stayed with me and we are working feverishly to do a better suspension than the FFR had working on a 5 link now but the front is the challenge + welding and stiffening the chassi.I hope we can get it ready for the RNG in time to run the Pony Class Best wishes...Bill
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 05-21-2010, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill, we are counting on you and your experience to help us with some of the novice drivers that show up. I hope you get your hot rod together in time.

I hope to have my Daytona ready for RNG but if not I will be thrashing the ole blue #21 around again. Which I really enjoy driving so it is not a bad thing.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Do they have a sound ordinance or can I get mufflers later?
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 05-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default I been getin redy :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill3 View Post
Do they have a sound ordinance or can I get mufflers later?
Bill ..yes!

Clois, just got my "Ken Miles" replica racing seat done .. will demo it at Mid America Hallett in June. At track events, I have been coming home with bruises on the outside of my legs from trying to hold myself against the door hinge and the tunnel. Working out the fuel vent siphoning problem I had last time. Think the fancy Fuel Safe check valve has got it solved. No duffs here

Sam
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default tossed around did you say?

Sammy,

You're getting too fancy. Black and Blue are nice colors!

"Let's roll"

Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

i thought I was the only one to have that problem. I went and bought a soccer shin guard and weaar it inside of my suit. I t really helps with the shin bruises. Plus they have all the colors to chose from.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 06-18-2010, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That shin gaurd is a nice idea.