14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Good luck on your build John, I hope we do see you in September (could be a song title).

There is more to be announced in the next day or so. As I said in a previous post "George is the consumate host" and he wants to make sure drivers, cruisers, owners and spectators have a great time.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default B&B owners

Bryan Anderson here from B&B I think you have a very good idea on the local manufactures contacting some of their car owners I will put that Into action and start calling and sending E mails to as many of my owners as i can to see If i can't get a few Of My people out to play.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, SBF 351w (463 CI)
Not Ranked     

Thanks Rick,
I was curious as to how the decision had come about to discontinue the 1/4 mile. I do understand the reasoning, just disappointed. I had recently updated my drive train (New axles from Driveshaft Shop, differential upgraded, and the driveshaft checked out) so I was looking forward to the quarter mile. I do plan on coming if I can get the time off. I my call on U for some info if that is ok?

Thanks again
Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

Here are some photo's of some former Run N Guns. We are considering a zero to 60 to zero event. We think we have the timing and mechanics worked out now.

http://www.runngun.net/index.php?opt...&limitstart=20

"Let's roll"

Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

Clois...0-60-0 sounds like fun....its got my vote.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Here are some pictures from last year. If was my first time there and I had so much fun even with out a car. My goal is too get up there with my cobra and terrorize the locals.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...323906159&op=6

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, SBF 351w (463 CI)
Not Ranked     

Hey Clois
Why not 0-100-0?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

0-60-0 or 0-100-0 are all possibilities but they will all feel as though you are going 0-200-0.

I promise we will get everything sorted out this weekend including some ala carte pricing for those that may want to enjoy only certain parts of the event such road course but not the autocross or visa versa or maybe you can't make it until Friday. On our registration we are going to have a page TWO for ala carte pricing which as in prior years include what we have always called the Run N Gun Experience that will include a drivers school and some lead scheduled follow laps.

This year each person will have multiple chances for trophies because not only are we having the regular classes as always we are going to pit all the Superformance vs Superformance, Factory Five vs. Factory Five, Shell Valley vs Shell Valley, Backdraft vs. Backdraft etc. guys against each other in a SB or BB. The will hold true for all the other classes at Run N Gun.

Manufacturers we have something for you too!

Clois

"Let's roll"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 06-24-2010 at 01:01 PM..
Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sweet Hurricane vs Hurricane. Dean I am coming after you.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Hey Clois did you get anything out on the Stangnet.com site I looked at those registerd and no Pony cars are in yet I can toss my name in the hat.I will talk to Mary see if we can get something out this week for you .... Axles are in woohoo ready to setup the rear end..Muustang---- Untamed
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Ok Gregg, sounds like a challange to me!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink The show down.

Dean,

Since you will be in the big boy class and I am still in the kids table class, it wont be much of a challenge. I am looking forward to just trying to show up and not get in anybody's way.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     
My .02 worth. I had decided not to come this year due to location and cost. I can travel to Putnam, IN about 4 hours away, and pay less than $400 for an hour of track time each day - Saturday/Sunday. I found at RNG last year, and I know it was not an ordinary year, I got much less track time. Even in '08, I got less track time. If I compare a recent event at Putnam to RNG, I would have to say I enjoyed the time at Putnam more. Some comparisons:

Putnam:
- When we staged in the hotpit lanes, ALL the cars in the same class went out on the track at the same time. Different cars, different drivers and different setups separated the cars in the 20 minutes we were on the track.
- The track was long enough to get all the cars on at the same time (unlike Gateway I suppose)
- It wasn't a race, it wasn't a race, it wasn't a race. Did I mention it wasn't a race? I found the event was just as much fun without running for time or a trophy.
- ALL makes of cars were on the track. Why does this event HAVE to be kit car only?
- There were several instructors there that were MORE than available to provide tips and instruction on how to handle the track. Don Barnes is great, but his available time is limited to novice drivers. I was able to take a ride with an instructor and saw many things that helped me on the track. I know many of the attendees of RNG are good drivers, but hey, they aren't instructors who can convey in layman's terms how to improve my time and enjoyment on the track.
- I didn't need a test and tune day to learn the track. Track time helped me learn the track.
- I didn't need Autocross to have a great time
- I didn't need a barrel race or find out how quickly my car stopped to have a great time.
- Rick, regarding 1/4 mile - I ran 15 passes at Muncie without breaking anything. 460 bbf, 8.8 rear end. 13 were made with street tires, 2 with slicks. My suggestion is to have your car inspected and gone over with a fine tooth comb by a professional like I did. No issues, great track time, lot's of passes. It can be done.

RNG has been a weeklong event for some. Using two to three days as travel days. My experience at Putnam, I traveled over on Friday, had track time Saturday and Sunday, and was home in my bed Sunday night. RNG has people traveling, competing, and traveling packed in 7 days. Seems like a lot. Location, well yeah, it's out of the way for most. As I recall, most of the participants I met were from Texas, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, & Oklahoma. Nebraska is, well, out of the way. If it were held in Texas, I probably wouldn't come. If I draw a 5 hour circle around St. Louis, there are a lot of tracks in that circle that RNG hasn't been to.

Great ideas above, I hope it succeeds, but there are a lot of alternatives now. If you ask me to support a friend, I absolutely will Clois. But also understand I am limited in funding this year too (e.g. - new trailer, slicks, maintenance repairs etc....) Hope this helps, not knocking anything, just thoughts.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I can see where you are coming from...kinda.
It's not your cup a tea. You want conveinience.
I'm near a track but it's not the same. I like going to the track but it isn't R&G.
Why is Shelby events just for Shelby cars? Kit cars or replicas deserves a Nationals too. Traveling to this event is part of the adventure. I don't bonzi run to get there. I enjoy the trip. I usually stop and visit along the way there or going back home. If it is a financial thing I can understand that too.
The economy has a lot of folks holding back. I don't
blame anyone for those reasons.
There are hundreds of guys that go to Carlisle to get an idea as to what they may want to build. Heck, at R&G you can see them in action.
I have been going there for a long time and I sure
don't go just for a chance at a trophy. It's damn nice to get one but in reality it's about the people.
We seem to do pretty good in the Charity department too. We raised a boat load of bucks for operation comfort for the wounded warriors. I would go just for that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Hersh
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

I liked the Drags but I dont miss it.After being held on the line at Gateway and watching Richard pile his NEW car into the wall knowing I would have been in the middle of it all since he was about four tenths faster and coming cross track I can leave the drags alone.I dreamed of getting out for this event many years before ever getting out ther reading the RNG news out of KITCAR mag, running against others with like cars has allways been a passion of mine.All the rest is like the Sweeet iceing on the cake and I love taking the car home in one peice,much different than our Oval days and the weekly carnage that went on.I think RNG is still great a great value for the money.
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I want to thank everyone for their input. The event this year will be different and I hope much better. The track is a real road course like Putnam or Hallet or many others. I totally disagree on the track time. If you are a fully paid participant you will get all you want. Every year, weather permitting, the last run group is virtually empty. I have 1000's of miles logged during track day events and I get more time on the track here than I do at most other events. I logged over 300 miles on the track at R&g in 2007!

The drags just aren't going to happen. Rick laid out the rules of NHRA and that pretty much rules us out. Besides, whether you have your stuff checked or not, a lot of stuff breaks on the drags. The auto cross and the barrel race are fun, thats all. We will also have a great cruise this year.

I personally like the fact that it is just kit cars. We understand each other and no other event is tailor made just for us. We can beat the sh!t out of Vipers and Corvettes at any other track day!

I also realize it is a long way for some, but is not for others who have never had the opportunity to join us at R&G. There is a chance that in a few years it could be somewhere else. There really aren't that many tracks within 5 hours of my house so I guess the drive is expected.

It is a race, It is a race It is a race. Hell, everything I do feels like a race! If I am at a track day, I'm not out there for the scenery! I don't have to drive 100% all the time but it is always a race or a test lap before the race. Just because track days don't have trophies doesn't mean people don't keep score. I like to know that my times are improving so the biggest race is against my last best time. It is also great to see the guys that are much faster in a similar car. That's where I have learned the most.

This is the most important part of the post...........

I have never formed a lasting, deep life long friendship with anyone at a track day. I have at run and Gun. That alone is a reason to join us this year in Hastings.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

I will say it again......CHANGE IS GOOD.....this is a new track to all of us in a new town in a new state......there will be people that have never been to R@G before and there will be some of the.....old pros....if you cant make it.....sorry......if you can make it then i guess we will see you there.........
Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

i was looking at the run n gun schedule for this year, since i still have one of the cars running.

i had to rewrite the schedule to negotiate what was available and how much, here is what i came up with...., as i don't really care for the ancilliary stuff and consider on track time......

thu and fri are the only days on track, and there will be two sessions per group, of an alloted 20 min., but they can't be 20 min. back to back so have to take time off to clear the track and remove dead cars, so figure 2 15 min sessions each day, if there is nothing to put out the yellow flag, etc.

sat. morning autocross and barrel race for $200.

thu. afternoon & fri. track sessions--3x on track for $350.

thu. afternoon & fri. track sessions & autocross--3x on track & 3x autocross runs $400.

sat morning autocross, barrel race, thu & fri road course--4x on track, king of hill if qualified $450.

jmo, but unless a person does the whole package and is interested in the barrel race & autocross it is hard to justify the d & e package for cost and time on track.

i'd like to go but these are my considerations, just my feedback. maybe i'm reading the packages wrong.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That isn't exactly true. There are three run groups scheduled for 20 minutes including cool down and warm up. The schedule stands so if there is a car with a problem, it gets towed off and we are back on schedule. That run group looses some time but the day continues. You will be on the track 20 minutes per hour, 7 hours a day, at least. There are certainly good reasons for not coming to Run and Gun but value given for track time offered is never a problem. You will be worn out after 2 days of road course at Run and Gun. I will make this offer, If you don't think you received a good value for what you paid, just pay what it was worth to you. The weather doesn't count.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will post some facts tomorrow.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Last edited by Clois Harlan; 07-28-2010 at 07:35 PM..