Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Who's coming to the R&G??

Hey guys, who is coming to this years event? Clois and friends have done a ton of work and layed out serious money to help the event continue. It's only about 9 weeks away. I am going to fly in to help with the event. It's too long of a drive for me. I hate to lay out $1,000.00 for tickets and hotel and have the event canceled.
Guys whos are coming PLEASE add your names to the list. Clois,Matt and Dean with the wifes help have done alot of work to keep this event running. This is the 25th event. I hope that there are 50+ cars coming. Come on and sign up. Looking forward to seeing old and new friends at the track. Rick L.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

I'm in.

First time for me to attend, but have heard great things about it.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting Rick,

The event will not be cancelled (I will be paying the second installment of the the track renta,l $12K by Aug 31), we have some very good friends that have helped us out tremendously. Having done this for over 10 years many of our participants will NOT send their money in until 45 or 60 days out.

The down side is that if you are wanting one of the race ports you may miss out. They are free but assigned on a first come first serve basis. The truth is you really don't need one to enjoy the event but it is kinda nice to have power and a covered parking area. The other down side for me is ordering the correct amount of t-shirts and planning the banquet dinner for the proper number of attendee's.

Other than that all is good. The event will be great and I am thrilled to know that you will be flying in to help us Rick. Run n Gun would not be the same without your assistance.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can't wait. It's shaping up to be the best RNG ever. I'm tweeking the tune on the hot rod as we speak. The intermediate BB class will be super competitive and I want to be ready. I just love going to Hallett. The track is awesome and the folks are great. For first timers, and novices - RNG is an excellent way to get into the "sports" part of owning a sports car. Thanks to Clois for putting all of this together once again.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

CAnt make it Rick. My work schedule for October changed. Have fun.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everrett Morrison with a Genesis Aluminun 427
Neutral     

Rick, glad to hear from you, and I too am anxious to get another shot at "Run N Gun". Last saw you 2 years ago, and that was my first time on track and the car was new. i even think I am ready for a transponder! I am sure there will be faster times in my "Street" category, but no one is going to have more pure fun than me.
See you there Rick.
Wayne - Car # "101" AirBorne
Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

High Wayne,

Not onlyis your car beautiful it is pretty darn fast to. Now if we can just get you to shift out of first gear!!!!

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 08-09-2012, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

I too plan to be there. Need some more big blocks to come and participate in the street class Got my registration form printed....payment coming soon.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We need some novice class cars ....we have awards but so far we only have one car in the Novice Class.

AS they say on TV you may already be a winner if you haven't registered yet!

"Let's roll"

Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

Mark, I'd love to run in the street class but my tires are a little too sticky. I doubt I'd keep up with you on street tires anyway in my cobra. I hope to have my coupe done in time but I'm not holding my breath. You never know, it may be on street tires....in primer.....no windows....just water temp gauge and brakelights.... Can't wait!

Mat
WildBill3 likes this.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Actually, I guess I won't be either since I'm running slicks.... Hope the coupe get's done!

Tim
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I'll bring this back to the top. I'm really looking forward to this one. The format is a little different than in past years. It should be fun!

I look forward to seeing all of you there!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm staying in my trailer at the track, is anyone else planning to stay at the track?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

Scott always stays at the track in his motor home. He was parked by your group in June and drives the yellow Porsche.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

usually we will have a dozen or so stay in their motor homes, trailers, or tents. October is great camping weather. Nights usually about 55 deg and days about 80 deg and DRY!

Plus there are showers and restrooms in the pits too!

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Didn't know if Scott was coming back or not. Didn't see any others there besides us last time besides the guys with the Camaro down the way. Everyone else staying in Tulsa?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Run N Gun Discount ends September 15, 2012.

I just spoke to the Gary with Mongoose and he is bringing 4 or his Gran Sports Corvettes from Ohio and two of his customers are coming up from Arkansas and Texas to participate. Gary told me Aaron Quinn will be driving one of them and maybe Jon Krowlowitz from Virginia will be shoeing one of the others. The field is really starting to take on some diversity. I think this will be one of the best Run N Guns ever.

JUST A NOTE TO ANYONE SITTING ON THE FENCE THE DISCOUNTED RATE EXPIRES ON SEPTEMBER 15, 2012.

If you have never been to a Run N Gun event you owe it to yourself and your Cobra to attend. This is great fun and the friends you will make will last a life time. Just ask Rick Lake who will be flying in just to do our Tech sessions from New Jersey.

If you want or need a confidence booster we have driving instructors that can help you properly navagate the track and understand your Ride. Of course if you have questions give me a call at 918-633-5336 or you may contact Dean Lampe at 618-322-6046 or Mat Twiehaus at 918-918-607-9868. Either of us can answer your questions,

Thank you,

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Old 08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C Cobra, 521 CU BBF, Holley ProJection, T56 Magnum, 3.5:1 TruTrac 9-inch
Not Ranked     

I would really like to go, but its near my wedding anniversary and a tish too far right now. Is it always in Oklahoma? Or does it rotate to different courses? Maybe next year
Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 874 solid red Roush 427 small block 515 hp
Not Ranked     

My wife and I plan to come but leave car at home. This will be our second R n G since we were at Norwalk, OH in 1996. I have a picture of me as a passenger in George Anderson's Midstates 427 automatic car from that Run n Gun.

What hotel are most people staying in?

Russell Patton
Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have reserved a block of rooms at the Warren Place Double Tree Hotel in Tulsa (61st St and South Yale Ave.). The rate is $89 per night plus they run a shuttle to and from the airport if anyone is interested. As most of you know the Double Tree is part of the HIlton Chain and is a very nice hotel located in a park setting and close to entertainment, shopping, and dinning. Go to our web site Run 'N Gun and there should be a link to the hotel. Be sure and tell the agent you are wanting the October 2012 RunN Gun rate.

Our banquet will be at a Dooleys Angus Inn just east of the Hotel a couple of miles.

Call any of us if you have any questions or problems. We can fix most things...with a little bailing wire and duct tape.

Clois Harlan 918-633-5336
Dean Lampe 618-322-6046
Mat Twiehaus 918-607-9868
WildBill3 likes this.

"Let's roll"