1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Neutral     
Default Come on Man!

This years Run N Gun will be held smack dab in the middle of the country at Gateway Racetrack across the river (you know Mark Twains River-The Mississippi) in East Stl Louis. This is a great venue and the comrodery of the participants is priceless. Mark Earls and his St. Louis Cobra Club team have a great event planned for everyone that attends whether you are a seasoned driver or a first time ever driver. Not only will you get more track time than you can imagine you will be helping carry on a Cobra tradition that was started over 26 years ago.

Run N Gun has taught many of us how to handle these short wheel base monsters on the asphalt. When I attended my first Run N Gun some 14 years ago I was scared $hipless. I had never been on any road course but thanks to all the participants at the 1999 Run N Gun by noon I my nerves had calmed down and the other drivers were starting to get on the track with me . Over the three days I received countless driving suggestions and advise which I acted on over the next winter.

The next year I was still nervous but comfortable at the event and I made friends that I still have today. Actually, my absolutly best friends I have met at Run N Gun and I can honestly say their is not much we wouldn't do for each other. We have each came to the aid of each other many times over the last several years. Some of us are geographically closer than others but if a call for help goes out I am sure a good number of us will be there.

Make Run N Gun a part of your summer this year. You can bring the family and if they choose not to come to the track then St. Louis has a array of activities for all ages. The hotels in the area are reasonably priced and well maintained. Besides where else can you go in your Cobra, GT 40, Daytona Coupe, Stalker, Ariel Atom or Corvette and have as much fun as you will have at a Run N Gun event. The dates are July 18-20, 2013. Join us if you can. Go to the Run N Gun website to register: Run 'N Gun

Clois Harlan
Director of Run N Gun 2006-2012

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-10-2013, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

Even if you are just a cruiser Run N Gun is for you. Make it part of your summer. Join us at this years event and enjoy your ride for what it was intended. Who knows you will probably win a trophy.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I was going to be out of the country I would be there. If the Army changes my mind for me and cancels my trip I will be there in a heart beat. Already gave Tim the bad news. In 18 months when I retire I will not have an excuse.

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Until then keep your head down Gregg!

"Let's roll"

Old 05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Clois for the pep talk.

Big Thanks to Greg for your very real sacrifice.

Remember, you don't have to be a "racer" to have fun at RunNGun. The RNG Experience is a great way to learn about you and your car's abilities, and may be the best track bargain anywhere, and for sure it will be the most fun you'll ever have (in your car).

Thanks
STL Mark
Old 06-04-2013, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm in, come on guys lets make this the best year. Its my frist, hope to learn a little about my cars limits and a lot about my driving.

Rick