17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Default Show us your Run & Gun pics! Post them here!

Where are they? I've seen only a few posted, and I would think with all that fun you guys/gals had, there would be tons of pics and stories to tell. Post them here!

For some of us we have to live the experience through your pics and stories, so lets see them.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

I have quite a few. Here is a link to our gallery: http://www.vintage-motorsports.com/gallery/2008RunNGun

If I get a few minutes later I will post some better ones directly.

Here's one for Bailey:

Old 10-14-2008, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #985 Custom Pro/ Street Race Car, full cage, dry sump 427W and G Force T-56 Fully Street Legal!!
Not Ranked     

Thaaat's what she looks like all in one piece....
Thanks,
Richard
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here are some I took while I was there.

www.gcperf.com

Last edited by Blittleton; 10-14-2008 at 11:53 AM..
Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar, 427 Center Oiler
Not Ranked     

I'll try to get some pics into my gallery in the next few days. Unfortunately, I cracked mine up pretty good getting onto the straightaway. I need to meet Richard for a beer.

Mat
Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Mat hope your doing ok I know the car needs alot of work hang in ther!!When you get it back together look up Fossport.com for some Hooseirs they will settle your car down a bunch and help you go better than the Avons.Good luck...WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR#078,408 Dart Block, TKO 600,Indigo Blue, White Stripe
Send a message via Yahoo to JayBar
Not Ranked     

Here is a link to my pictures mostly of the Backdraft Boys.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...vfolderid=2008
Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

I don't have a lot of track photos .. waiting on the pro photog to post up. But here's some background:

James Yale, Clois Harlan, and Larry Reyburn

Looking up and down the garage

Sam
Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Here’s my RNG Story

It was the first time I’ve ever been to RNG or even been to a race track. My SPF is exactly 1 year old and finally sorted out. I volunteered to help with the event, as I’m a member of the Gateway Cobra Club. I spent most of the week working the daily chores of the event, but found time to take part in a new feature this year – The Run & Gun Experience. For $100 I got a tech inspection, 2 45 min follow the leader road course sessions, a bunch of parade laps for photography, attended drivers meetings and training, 3 drag passes, a t-shirt, and a ticket to the banquet. Additionally, for another $100 I could run laps in the test and tune sessions.

I drove up the highway to an auto parts store and bought a helmet, and carb springs to get through tech. I got back installed the springs, attended the awesome classroom instruction, and took to the track for test and tune. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE. I did everything wrong. Entering and exiting corners, acceleration points, brake usage, blown wave bys, freeway driving down the center of the straight – everything. I thought my car was crap. I needed bigger brakes, better tires, new shocks, new sway bars, and was just happy to make it out without crashing my little blue PIG of a car.

Then, the next day we did the follow the leader laps. Low and Behold, the clouds parted and a heavenly light shined down on me and my little blue PIG. THE RACING LINE. Drive the line correctly, and all of a sudden my tires stuck, my brakes were fine, my cornering was tight – and speed was no problem. What a thrill. Same story the next day. All very exciting – and nothing broke.

Finally on Saturday, my club was putting on a car show in the parking lot in front of the drags, so I had to spend some time setting that up – and shinning up the little blue PIG – all the while the REAL drivers were blasting down the ¼ mile track. I took a few minutes to watch the races – just in time to see that yellow Backdraft slam into the wall at 100mph. My stomach turned – and I thought no FN way am I going to do that.

As the time for the “Experience” drivers to make their runs approached my excitement overtook my fears. I strapped myself in, donned my new helmet and lined up for a “grudge” match against a friend who also runs a big block. Since this was my first time down a track he advised me to listen to my engine and don’t over rev, and try not to spin the tires. Now, I’m a pretty careful and conservative driver and that all made sense. Additionally, and this may sound weird to some of you – but I’ve never ever “floored” my car – ever. For the tech heads – a 460 bored and stroked to 588 cu in, 650 hp/700 tq – and really freaking scary to break the rear end loose at 80mph.

Anyway, we staged and off I went. Bad reaction time – but I got him in second gear and never looked back. I didn’t spin the tires, didn’t over rev, didn’t floor it, and I short shifted. I didn’t look at my gauges at all. I stayed straight the whole way down, and man ¼ mile is a lot longer than it looks like on PINKS. So, I won my very first race. My wife and kids met me for waves and kisses on the circle back. Then I lined up against a new Vette, and then a Stalker S7 – beat ‘em all. Best Run = 11.8 with a .484 rxn time.

What a thrill the whole week was for me. The scene in the garage was cool. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Wild Bill was signing autographs for the kids, and we were in awe of all of the race prepared Cobras like the Kirkham, the Backdraft team cars, the GT40s, and all of the other race cars. The kids had a blast, and the car did not break. A HUGE THANKS to Dean, Jay, Hersh, Clois and Sharon. A wonderful time. Next year – I’ll run the full deal – novice class to be sure.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not sure if this works, but here's some of my pics. All bad unfortunately. When my dad sends more I'll post some happier ones.

Mat

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/c...008%20RunNGun/
Old 10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Mat,

Ouch! Hope there was no injury.......
Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Owww!

Mat, I see what you mean on the frame .. I guess I'd see if Brian at LS can suggest an approach. Worst case, buy a frame and body shell. Then move all the bits across to the new frame. Major project, of course. See if their "home build" helper could come up for a week and you take a week off and get er dun ...

Sam
Old 10-16-2008, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More RunGun short stories

Well we were all sitting in the media center with alot of issue's getting talked over things were light and we were ready to hit the track.Dean or Clios started talking about the Great looking new Tshirts we had when they saw that I had mine on and was sitting on the front row,asked me to get up and show this work of art off,Ssssooooooo I got up and in my Best Super model Saashey I did a 360 with my hand on my hip and moving around.Everybody start laughing and hollering,One yelled out ,GETTM A POLE.and of corse I said That will cost you 5 Dolla.Brian From KitCar Mag. Mentioned something about me breaking his Camera,And many were remarking on ,it was way to early to see anything like that lololol.Of corse I was cracking up as Im still doing now thinking of all the fun we had with all of our RunNGun Pals.I hope more can folks out ther can come next year just to see how much fun and exitement we have while we screeeeem around the track ...WB3 They dont call me WildBill for nothin!!
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Bill for reconjuring up that visual. Now I can skip lunch. Those meetings were almost entertaining, except for the "track manners" meeting, I could do without that one.

Your were a great sport.

Mat
Old 10-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Damn, Mat, sorry to hear about your car. Hope she's back together soon.
And Dean into the tire wall? Hope it's okay.
Glad everyone kept the shiny side up.
Hopefully nobody got their body dinged up.

And Clois, it looks like in one of those photos, you're leaning over an engine. You didn't break yours, did you?

Looks like yall had a great time! Thanks for the photos and videos.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here's some more pics that my dad took. Much happier pics than my previous pics. Thanks Miles, hopefully she will be back together soon. Hope to see you in Tulsa next June and especially at RunNGun next year.

http://gs76.photobucket.com/groups/j38/9QL715CYQ4/
Old 10-30-2008, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting those Mat I copied them to a 08runGun album for myself,HHmm now who is that bright Yellow 29 car..:--)WB3
Old 10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

There are THOUSANDS of pictures from this years Run N Gun with two magazines, Gateways track photographer, and a couple freelance photographers. I spoke to Ben Moment a freelance photographer last night and he is posting several thousand shots of the cars at Run n Gun 2008 in his gallery ( http://www.mrphotoman.com ). The event was a huge success thanks to so many people and of the weather. Once Dean and I get caught up with our REAL jobs we will start hammering away on this site and others, but now it's back to work.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. Photoman, Ben, has uploaded his photos! Here's the link:http://mrphotoman.lifepics.com/net/P...464C704D5BD8A1

He has a separate folder for each car so finding yourself or a buddy is easy. The site was a bit on and off last night but may have been 'cause he was still adding pics; it snaps right up now. Check it out--- he's got some good stuff!

Jeff
Old 11-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Photos came yesterday

I bought a few pics from Photoman. I have a 20x30 of this one, you can see my pupils .. this is a scan of the 8x10 I bought. When I spoke to Ben at RnG, he said he was willing to sell the digital files, but so far no response to my email request to buy those. If anyone has been successful in this, please post

Sam