Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Do we Have room to Run a mirror image Autox at RunNGun

In the SCCA we have run side byside mirror image tracks It was Called a Duel Khan with a drag race type of start that includes a sweeper, slolem and so forth I can draw it up I know room is a cosideration but I think thers enough I think it would add a neet twist to our competition and add more thrills to the event for those in it and watching what do you think? I would need the mesurments of the lot to draw it to scale,but that could come later as well as the number of the local SCCA guys to see if they have enough timing eqip to time 2 seperate runs I can check with our local Cone bashers to check availability here also....WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,

Last edited by WildBill3; 12-11-2008 at 02:18 PM..
Old 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Sounds interesting Bill,

I have a meeting with the Gateway guys next month so I can find out what they think about it. You are refering to the Auto Cross portion of the event aren't you?

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb mirror tracks

Yes indeedy,I ran an autox this way back in the 80's .The Pro Solo guys use this format today the corses could be made to fit in the lot just 2 smaller corses ,with a few more runs I hope since we would go though the order twice as fast.I think it would really raise the the levle of competition for the autox portion of the event.Plus something of a new twist for those that have never autox'd this way before,I caught myself glancing over a few times to see if I was winning that round (not to smart if you want to win overall) but fun.Im just happy to be apart of this Cooool event!!!WB3
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,

Last edited by WildBill3; 12-12-2008 at 04:01 AM..
Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any updates on that last meeting what did they think of the mirror image track?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I believe that many of the Run n Gun participants would like the autocross expanded. It's great fun in a safe enviroment. (more runs!!!!!)
Clois can't wait to see your new coupe. I will be there with my new Dragon Speedster!!
John
Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

John,

Me either! I hate waiting and waiting ....Dean and I are meeting with Gateway in couple of weeks and I can let you know what they say. I like your idea Bill.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I am meeting with the track this week. I forgot about this idea, thanks for the reminder.

On another note, does anyone no how to build, edit, run a web site? We need some help with the R&G site and could offer some free racing for the help. Anyone interested?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I could ask my son he is going to Drury University for computer science ,I could see if he is interested I will call him tonight..
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

That sounds great Bill. Keep me posted!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry I didnt get back before this his email is GHughe@Drury.edu....So did they think about the Duel Autox?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Clois and Dean:
Blue Dragon Paul is willing to throw his hat in the ring if website work is required. Just let me know: pcarlson@dragonmotorcars.com
The Blue Dragon will be back at R&G09 to melt some pavement.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And its sssssooo pretty!!
Old 02-04-2009, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, Last year I ran my new Cobra. (Can I say Cobra anymore?!) This year I will be there with my new Speedster. Here's a picture! I am tired of snow and winter. I want to race!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOW!! that is beautiful John.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Clois. Of all of my cars this is my favorite. 1980lbs wet, 38 inches to the top of the head fairings, 77 inches wide at the rear tires and 54% rear weight. Same chassis as the Tbucket from a couple of years ago. I put the old motor in my Cobra. Now I am trying to save my pennies to get a new one. Want around 500 streetable LS engine hooked to the 6 speed transaxle. Oh well, lunch is over. It's time to quit dreaming and get back to work.