14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default RUN N GUN 2009...are you ready?

In the next day or two we will be inveiling a brand new web site that will be everything you want it to be and more. Thanks to Mark Earls and his team for this wonderful new site. More info on the site and more info on Run N Gun will be appearing on this web site very soon We think we are improving this event for those that attend and also those that want to attend another time.

Your RUN N GUN DIRECTORS FOR 2009
Clois Harlan and Dean Lampe

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Q's on Tires and Helmets

Been reading the rules page after talking with Rick at Carlisle about tires. Now I have two sets of tires, GY Billboards and GY slicks. Neither are DOT, so apparently I am not allowed in *either* Prepared or Street class.

If I want to run Street class, I need to buy treadwear 200 or better. Ok, all I see is rock hard 400 rated tires out there in the 26" dia x 15" sizes. Mickey Thompson S/R's look good, but have no published treadwear rating. So how does this get decided? I'm wanting to do like Rick says and not have issues when I show up.

If I run Prepared class, do I have to throw my GY slicks out and buy some "DOT" slicks?

Helmets: Does SA2000 or better infer the NOMEX content that Rick refers to? We had a discussion about this last year and I was allowed to use my SA2005 Bell helmet, but it was never clear that SA2000+ = NOMEX.

many thanks!
Sam
Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I think you can run your billboards in Prepared and slicks in Pro. If you have any questions just call me or Clois. There can always be exceptions as long as they are made in the spirit of the rules. I do understand the issues with 15in tires. If I can run Hoosier R6's in prepared, then you can run your Goodyear's. To be clear, the Blue Streaks would run in the pro group with the slicks as they have very little tread but I understand you to be talking about a fully treaded tire.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

Entrants may enter in different classes for each individual event, but for the combo events, the highest individual event class participated in will count. Eg.
If you run in street class, but run a drag slick (a Pro level tire) in the drag race, you will be in “Pro” for a combination award such as top dog.

from the rule book
Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

This issue came up last year and there is a clear advantage to running slicks over Billboards. However, since the Billboards are grooved (even though they do not have a DOT rating) they are classified as a Prepared Class tire. Slicks are considered PRO class tires. This is the only exception that I know of because all other DOT tires are either above the 200 wear rating (Street Class) or 199 and below wear rating (Prepared Class).

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Easy!

Ok, got it .. slicks only allowed in PRO and treaded DOT's are ok in Prepared and non-DOT Billboards are waived for Prepared if I choose to run them. Yes, I'm talking about the chain tread pattern Billboards.

I also read the rules to be silent on tread depth in Prepared .. correct?

Now all I've got to do is figure out if I have a better chance against Steve Clement in BBPro, or WildBill in BBPrepared ... Geeeezzzzz!

Naaaa ... it doesn't matter. fun quotient same-same

Thanks for the responses!

Sam
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think you will win your class. You are quiet the SHOE Sammy.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 05-22-2009, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If all goes as planned we should have registration up on June 1, 2009. Early registration will run from June 1, 2009 thru August 15, 2009. We are waiting on Gateway to confirm online registration as we had for last year. There is a $50.00 cancellation charge for any cancellation received on or before September 5th, 2009. Any cancellation after midnight September 5th will not be refunable. The guest Hotel will be the Doubletree Hotel in Collinsville, Il. (Formerly the Holiday Inn). See the Run N Gun Nationals site for all other alternatives and telephone numbers. rates will be $89.00 per night which is a$35.00 savings over the advertised rate.

This years cost is expected to be $410 for early Registration and $460.00 for all registrations received after midnight on August 15, 2009. We are still waiting on the confirmation of the Test and Tune scheduled for Wednesday October 7,2009 but that cost is expected to be the same as last year $100.00 for the day. We are also trying to get permission to have longer Test n Tune sessions to allow for better tuning opportunities. More details and information will follow in the coming days and weeks.

Please keep checking our web site for more information: http://www.runngun.net

Thank you,

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Clois and Dean, I am reading this during a lunch break. It's Friday afternnoon and a customer left from Texas yesterday to pick up his Cobra with the C5 parts and my aluminum chassis on Tuesday morning. I almost have the painting done!!! I figure that I won't get any sleep until the car is gone.
I figure that I will start building a new car for Run n Gun the month before and finish it at the track, as normal! So, no I am not ready for Run n Gun, but I plan to make it!!!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

I think the longer testntune would be a great benefit for those serching for tire temp readings.Now Sssammmmmy I saw you in my mirror before you broke last year I know you can go also if Richard would get his going I think it would be an aauusome threeway battle for the top spot.And who knows some unknown may pop and an have ther way with us anyway thats part of the cool about Running this event its very unpredictable outcome,I hope thers some 1.08 or .07s waiting out ther for us this year.RNG==Cool
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think I can run in the 1.08's in the coupe if it is ready....maybe! Otherwise, I will be a bit (lot) slower in the Cobra until I can grow stones the size Morris and his brother Steve that just have no fickin fear of that wall on turn 1. About 90MPH is all I can do into that corner in the Cobra and then I am on the binders to get squared up for the next turn.

By the way Bill you're no slouch behind the wheel either. I think Larry Reyburn may have something for everyone this year if he could jump up to BB class. Did you know the fewest cars were in the BB Pro, Prepared P/A, and SB Pro and there was no one in the 4/6 Street Class. I was surprised there was not any Lotus 7's in the street class.

Clois

"Let's roll"