14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Run n Gun Registration is NOW OPEN

It's time to Register if you want to be a part of the 2009 Run n Gun. Go to this link to register for the 2009 Run n Gun Nationals:

Here’s the link for online registration:

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...ller=&appCode=

Also, we could only reserve 50 rooms at the discount rate of $89.00 at the new Doubletree in Collinsville, Illinois the Run n Gun host hotel (only about 10 mins from Gateway International Raceway). Here is a link to the hotels web site:

http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...inois/index.do

Of course there are other hotels in the complex (Super 8, Fairfield, Hampton, Motel 6 etc.) . I will be posting other hotel telephone numbers this week.

Thanks,

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     

Clois, is there a promotion code for the DoubleTree that brings up the $89 rate? Or do we have to call them?

thanks,
Sam
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

no activities on sat. 10/10?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

No activities on the 10th at this time. Tim has not got back with me on the 0-60-0 that the SCCA was going to help time.

Sammy,

Sorry but I think you need to call the hotel to get the rate.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

So is ther a 1/4 mile drag event this year?
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

clois

i called the doubletree on the link provided and they were not aware of any block of rooms reserved for run n gun.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

I will check with Tim at Gateway tomorrow about the issues with the hotel. It is early in registration, so maybe they haven't coded the block to Run and Gun.

The drags are gone. It just simply isn't safe. The event will conclude with the awards banquet on Friday night. That way we can give out all of the awards including the overall champions.

At this point I don't see any activities for Saturday but if it changes we will post the information here and on www.runngun.net
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill,

No quarter mile event this year! Sorry, we had been warned for over two years that we were going to fast for the safety equipment most of us had on our cars. After last year with some of us in the 9's the insurance underwritters said that was it. We are working on another event for Saturday which may include some more test n tune time. 0-60-0 but we are waiting to hear from the St. Louis area SCCA group for timing equipment.

See my other post for some really exciting information about TV.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

Seems like we could or should have had a 10 sec limit or 10.5 if wanted to keep the event I understand the speed part of the deal the small rollbars of the traditional Roadsters are why we have a coupe,but the speed is still ther on the roadcorse on the front straight with the same small cage! I realise the deal has been done now but I liked the event as it stood and ther could have been a bracket limit set to run this event .
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Doubletree

I had the same result, they did not know about RnG. But they gave me an $84 rate with my AAA membership, and Friday night was $89. Close enough

Sam
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are waiting on approval for a Saturday Event from Gateway. As soon as Tim Giger gets back with me I can finalize our web site and let everyone else know what is going to happen on Saturday.

"Let's roll"

Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just left a meeting at the newly remodeled Double Tree. The multi million remodeling job looks great. Much improved facility. That is a bargain price. Huge improvement from last year.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B cobra (sold), Hurricane HMS1002 (sold), Kirkham 289 FIA, (sold) RCR GT 40(sold) SPF GT40 2122(sold) Hurricane HMS2002, (sold) RCR SLC (sold) GTR on the way!
Not Ranked     

The rate for the hotel will be $79. We will have a link on our website to a web site setup by the hotel just for us for registration. It should be up and running by the end of the week. Thanks for the feedback, Chuck. I am going over on Friday for dinner with the management and I will check out the new look.

The drags are gone. Actually you are right about the road course and the speed. They could very easily raise the safety standard on all the cars before they are allowed on the track. None of us want that so sacrificing the drags was a good compromise. I will tell you that the Barrel Race will require much more skill and will test your car much better than a drag strip. It will be a lot more fun and much easier on our equipment. Half of the cars didn't even run the drags and half of the ones that did had mechanical problems. This event is better for the masses.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

couple questions

the run n gun deal shows 7 thru 9 for $400

the test n tune shows the 7th for $100.

what is available for the test n tune on wed, and does the $400 deal include the test n tune time?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The test and tune is not included. It is a day to make any final adjustments to your car before the timed event begins. It is a very relaxing day to just hang out a get a feel for the track and the area. Everyone usually comes in on Wednesday night to set up if they are not doing the test and tune.

I hope you can make it. It is a great event. If you have any questions just give me a call. My contact info is on the run and gun we site. (see below)
Old 06-10-2009, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I should also say that the classes have changed a little for 2009 and the site isn't up to date. I will try to get that done tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks dean

so the run n gun deal is $400 for 8th & 9th, and test n tune is $100 for 7th.

what is the barrel racing deal?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, on the $400 and $100. plus if you want a garage space that is an additional $60.00 for the event. Test n Tune is a great deal because you will probably have as much time on the track as you can stand. I know last year I went thru 10-15 gals of race fuel on Wednesday. Wednesday is a practice day with probably not more than 30 cars signed up.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 06-11-2009, 04:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Dean

Sent a PM to you.

Sorry cannot make the R + G again this year. Not to worry, will catch up with you all soon.

Take care and have fun.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-11-2009, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Dean/Clois, hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but there will also be the RNG Experience runs too, right? I know I learned a lot on the Experience packages I bought last year.