S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 2.77 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Fasterpatrick is really David Carradine and he's building a Death Race 2000 vehicle. That frame could take on a Sherman tank!

-Dean

P.S. With those fab skills, you can be my neighbor ANYTIME.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Really nice work Patrick, so, you started cleaning up all your empty beer cans before you take pictures now?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch build self design 4.6l DOHC
Not Ranked     

Joey, don't hate me. I too was going to build one from scratch but (Big Foot) aka Randy mentioned this idea. Of course I went DOH! Saved me a bunch of work.

Yes the cherry picker is for safety, but it also helps rotate, this is incredibly off center, so it will rotate with the rollbar in place.

No tanks just people in SUV's on cellphones.

Ha there are no beer cans in my shop I only buy bottles and they'er all on the welding table and near the computer which is behinde me in the photos.

Patrick
Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch build......a little every day.
Not Ranked     

You did remember to make two of everything so you can build me a frame also. Huh?
Dave
Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Forget 'OC Choppers', 'Overhaulin', 'Horsepower TV' and others. Too bad they won't give us hours of Patrick cutting, fabbing and welding. I sure would learn more.

-Dean
Old 10-09-2007, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     

and he could do a little landscaping now and then, would't mind picking up some pointers on that too.
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "
Old 10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default shinny side down

This is the only time I ever want to see this chassis in this position. Just a quick update welding is about 99% finished and I'm cleaning up the welds with a little grinding and wire wheel action.

Patrick

Last edited by fasterpatrick; 12-03-2007 at 08:23 PM..
Old 10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

I can't remember if I already posted this but I amd thourghly impressed by your skill and perceverance. Carry on troop.

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 10-14-2007, 03:45 AM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

"I just thought I would share this photo with everyone to prove that I do work on my car. The fact that it's just a cool pic helps too."

So where are you Patrick? It's as if this thing is magically appearing, the floor is always spotless, the pictures are professional grade and the work is beyond compare.....Let's see some "working" shots" my friend. I still believe in elves.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default scratch build takes another tool to the grave

Well after just a short life I lost another angle grinder. I beat this one down cleaning up the welds and removing surface rust on the chassis and other pieces(smoke, sparks, and fire it was way cool). Boy I'm glad they're cheap, now don't start telling me about cheap tools my first one was a quality brand It lasted about three projects I beat these tools like "redheaded step children" I don't expect them to last.

Here is some more pics of the project the metal is now somewhat shinny. Boy you really get a good picture of the scope of this build;

Now I have to get busy with the fiberglass part of this so, should I start a new thread or keep using this one I know it is getting very long? Patrick

Last edited by fasterpatrick; 12-03-2007 at 08:26 PM..
Old 10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

wait ...this is like chapter 5 on the chassis... how many chapters to the fiberglass part? and don't forget we still have the mechanical chapters...
and then the lansdscaping chapters...
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "
Old 10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You do nice work. I wonder if you should give fabbing your own aluminum body a shot? You could probably do a decent job-John
Old 11-04-2007, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Boy, I'm treadding on unexplored teritory

Well, Yes I'm still working but I'm doing things I've never done before .

Part of the work I need to do to the body of my car is to extend the rocker-pannel and to give the car proper door jams. So this is my plan I have constructed molds that fit into the door openings and will allow me to glass into the body to give the body something resembling a doorjam. They are somewhat crude but hey I'm only useing them once.

Now the rocker I will adhere these to the body and glass some extra body down there.

Now I can tell you first hand that working with foam sucks , but hey You got to do what you got to do ;Patrick

Last edited by fasterpatrick; 12-03-2007 at 08:28 PM..
Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

did you use a hot knife to cut the foam?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I've been a bad bad forum buddy

Well, I've not been paying attention to recent events around here and did not know of the gallery rules, my bad. I spent allot of time removing photos from the library, hope to have them down sized and back up soon. Brent could you send me info on contributing to the cause. My over stuffed gallery may have been a factor in the demise of the hard drives. I'm sure the minions would miss my pics if I could not get them all up, and I'm only half done with my build.

On a better note I have begun the glass part of the build. Yuck, what a mess, I don't know what is worse the smell or the itching. But progress has been made we now have extra glass in the door jams and lowered rocker panels.

Thats all for now I have photos to resize; Patrick
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none
Not Ranked     

I rather injoy these photo's I have put most in my computer.Along with alot of others.Too bad! I look often.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Man this is going to take a while. Current estamtes tell me that I should be finished reloading my pics next sunday(9 days from now). Man is there anyway I could bribe someone to wave the ten pic rule till I get my gallery reloaded.

Patrick
Old 01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default This may be out of sequence

Well thank all of you for your input. Here is what I came up with. I have eight points that will be glassed into the body for hidden mounts,plus the three points around the door sill (anti intrusion pins through the body) and the bumper mounts.

Now I can mix up some goo and fix the pads to the body and continue with the panel construction portion of this build; Patrick
Old 01-14-2008, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default This happened before the last post

Most of you,(Okay some of you) know that I'm building my cobra the hard way, from scratch. Well here are some pics of the rear wheel well panels I've been working on. Working with glass is not fun, but forming sheet metal into these shapes would require way to much work.

Now I was hoping that I could get a good pic of what it looks like from the front wheel well toward the front and toward the exhaust, with the body mounted. I need to start plotting the panels for the front wheel wells and could use some ideas.
Patrick
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Myself/Body from CSX-2575 & hand built Birdcage
Send a message via Skype™ to map
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpatrick
Well thank all of you for your input. Here is what I came up with. I have eight points that will be glassed into the body for hidden mounts,plus the three points around the door sill (anti intrusion pins through the body) and the bumper mounts.

Now I can mix up some goo and fix the pads to the body and continue with the panel construction portion of this build; Patrick
I think you'll find on the first hot sunny day this car sits out and the body gets hot you'll see the round imprints where you laminated the support disc. On the lower sides i don't think it's a problem but on top it's gonna sag..

Mike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: