28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Did the measurements make since. I did the drawing pretty quick. If it worked out I can see about posting a PDF for those who can't read CAD files.

Mike
Old 09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Do it! If you could verify the source for numbers that would be nice for us detail freaks.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'll work on the PDF As for the the where, I took the measurements from drawings and parts I have made over the years. We have worked on lots of originals and found the pedal boxes to be for all pratical purposes the same. We have been very lucky to have had access to many unrestored cars, so no one had changed anything CSX2002, CSX2345, CSX3002, and CSX3242 are a few.

Mike
Old 09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Mike,
Who do you work for, or what company are you involved in?
Old 09-04-2006, 04:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am the owner of New Old Stock Motorsports. We restored and supported vintage race cars (mostly Cobras and Vintage Winston Cup cars). About five years ago the general manufacturing side of our business (which was only a side line for the slow times) took off. So about four years ago the cars had to be side lined. In March, I was promoted from the 24/7/365 CEO position I held to simi-retired. Then an old customer call to see if I would help on a Cobra problem he was having. So long story short retirement lasted 42 blissful days. Now that I have the time to play with cars again I plan to make the parts I always wished I could back in my restoration shop. We are working on a line of billet suspension for Cobras both original and reproduction as well as other cool toys. I am also tring to make myself available for CC members if they have question I can answer or help with.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 09-04-2006, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the forum. As Scratch builders nothing is more valuable to us than another experienced resource that has first hand knowledge of the original cars.

I hope you hang around long enough for us to help each other. The billet pieces sound great- shame I'm not using original suspension pieces or I'd be a customer. Maybe on my next scratch build?

Bob
Old 09-05-2006, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I put a copy of the pedal box drawing in my photo gallery. I will update it when I get it finished.

Hope this helps,

Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Mike, why don't you put a picture of that gorgeous billet rear upright in your gallery too! Good shot of the pedal box thanks.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Done, Just added them

Mike
Old 09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cool thanks, now since your playing on the computer instead of making chips like me meet me in the rear suspension thread.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Mike check your user CP and messages. I'd like a better copy of the pedal box e-mailed to me if I could, do you have that as a CAD file? My e-mail is nick@harmonymetal.com then I can program it up for the laser cutter.
Cheers