1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-22-2007, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     
Smile Joey's Build!!

Woohoo! just got home from Tim's shop and I have the body, main ladder pieces, cowl hoop and front tower! all the frame pieces I got are notched and fitted, now I just have to get it back to Louisiana and start welding. Tomorrow, before I load it on the ABF truck I will take pictures of the body and stuff and post them.
Tim is awsome to deal with and worked with me on everything. Great guy I reccomend him, they do awesome work and they have a stockpile of precut brackets and frame pieces. I know the parts I bought from him will save me a great deal of fitting, cutting and bending time.
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "
Old 09-22-2007, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch build self design 4.6l DOHC
Not Ranked     

Yee Ha, Great news now get building. I've been slacking so you might catch up. Landscapeing project slowing me down. Hauled 8 cubic yards of crushed limestone down the backyard, by hand (to steep for any equipment) . Work on car only after dark, still breaking it down for welding. I want pics and to see what your doing. Patrick
Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

holy mackarel! thats alot of rock! why didn't you use that little tank thingy on your avatar? that woulda climbed it hu?
i'll have some pictures tomorrow and some more on monday, I forgot the front tower and another piece at his shop, Tim is bringing them to me on Monday. can't wait to get home and crank up the amps...strike an arc!
"Me fodder was King Neptune, me mudder was a mermaid. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep. Me hair is like hemp, me arms are like spars. When I spits, I spits tar. I'm hard, I am, I is, I are. "
Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The last piece of equipment in my back yard took two large trucks and access from a neibors lot that is no longer avaliable, to remove. Everything that has been brought in or removed has been with manual labor. There are lots of ethnic jokes about shovel and wheelbarrow work. If you would like I'll post up some pics of the project, so you can see what one man and a shovel and a wheelbarrow can do. Like my car I can't do anything the easy way. Patrick
Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yup, they didn't name you "overbuild" Patrick for nothing...hey kinda like your last name! definetely post some pics, haven't had a good chuckle today yet. I just got the body in the ABF moving truck, wait till you see the rednek engineering I had to do! so that everything would fit.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

here are some pictures. Theyre kinda big I hope its ok...

here is what i had to do to make sure everything fit in the truck!

shock mounts

cowl hoop and ladder frame

Last edited by joey_hv; 09-23-2007 at 09:59 AM..
Old 09-23-2007, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yep, thats some mighty fine congering you got going on there. Whatever works thats my line. Hey like the red gelcoat did you do that for me, body looks a thousand times better than mine should make your life easyer.

Hey, put some pics of my project in the lounge, What is keeping you from working on(or playing with) your car?

Patrick
Old 09-23-2007, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Funny you say that about the red gel coat. Tim had a white one? I think, and the red one and I thought to myself "self, red worked great for 'ol Patrick"
so I went with it!
here is the ABF trailer after we finished loading and right before I put the bulkhead up. you can tell the garage was the last to get emptied out.
I am finished!!

Last edited by joey_hv; 09-23-2007 at 08:27 PM..
Old 10-02-2007, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well we're back safe and sound in Louisiana with no damage to the body. she is in her new home and now I must go back to work for a couple of weeks. can't wait to start welding!

Last edited by joey_hv; 10-03-2007 at 01:47 AM..
Old 10-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Hey Joey that thing has a glowing aura about it. Kinda Christineish, you must be psyched! Keep us posted you have a nice pile of parts to glue together. I'm excited for you!
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yeah, thats the headlights from my wifes little honda. another two weeks and I'll be striking an arc. feel like i'm waiting for christmas.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Joey,
you mean this thread.
Patrick

P.S. Hey mods can you paste his other thread to the end of this one?

Last edited by fasterpatrick; 01-23-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

Hey Joey, Who made your body, and how can I contact him? Pm me the contact info. I've got my frame started but am waiting for some small parts from the friends machine shop, should be done this week. I'm still body hunting so I can get the outriggers figured into the mix. Thanks Carl.
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: