21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Joey Manufacturing Inc.
Send a message via Yahoo to joey_hv
Not Ranked     

you guys are amazing!
what is it like to have all that talent?

I feel like a wuss now that I bought a body
Old 04-11-2008, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
An ingenious Kiwi good man Jac Mac! I would love to see you with a CMM (coordinate measuring machine) at your disposal.
If you have one spare send it out,I have got a few more projects in the pipeline & @ 58 anything to lighten the physical & mental workload would be handy.

Joey HV- there have been many times that I have just wanted to have the $$ to just go and buy stuff, but later when I have to work on 'that' stuff for someone else Im quite often thankful I did not. Plus a lot more than half the fun is in the planning/building.

Jac Mac
Old 04-12-2008, 08:19 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jac Mac, what is the distance between the center lines of your headlites? It appears to be wider than the normal 427 body.
Thanks, Hank
Old 04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Will measure later today & get back to you on that Hank, cannot remember off the top of my head. I still have quite a bit of work to do on that buck before I can take a set of Molds off of it. Not entirely happy with the scoop under the nose & since the Flip Front car did not have one might do away with it.

Jac Mac
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Jac Mac, I like the scoop.
Hank
Old 04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hank,
Its around 46" center to center give or take a bit, its stashed away in corner @ moment & a little hard to get at! Trans & molds for GT40 are taking precedence @ the moment over Cobra/Daytona projects, along with work on customer stuff.
In regard to the scoop I might leave it there while I take molds-then do a rework without it as that area doesnt have a lot of material in it. Be easier to do that rather than fit a scoop afterwards, its just I can think of half a dozen places around town where the scoop would be likely to suffer damage if I did not cross them at an angle.

Jac Mac

Last edited by Jac Mac; 04-13-2008 at 05:32 PM..
Old 04-14-2008, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

I want to thank JacMac and jberg for the info you emailed me, now the real work begins, I am hoping to have all ready to start the real body in the fall as I have some honey do's to get done this summer, need to make the place presentable as we are hosting the family reunion this year and some of them can't understand why I haven't grown up yet,still playing with cars.
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8
Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

63Mercury: You may say in your family reunion that you will now concentrate to body building ;-) That is healthier hobby that old cars....or maybe not.

I sent you one e-mail and there are those DWG-drawings for plywood parts (what is visible in body buck thumbnail in my earlier message). And thanks again for yours drawings.

If someone else here like to have these just PM to me. Zip-file size is 1.5Mb so I can't post that to here so I need some e-mail address where to send that. Those are still draft but prize 0$ isn't bad so prize/quality should be in balance. And there is a lot of manual work left if use those but those are at least start point.

All info of chassis drawings and specially origin (or what are designed to fit to origin chassis) suspension parts dimensions, source etc info could be nice to get because I will really need those.

Is that 46" correct distance?

I have about same in my design but I think that each (name for that place..."flat circle") diameter is larger in my design. What should be diameter for that "flat circle" where head light will be mounted? I use guestimation 7"light+1" addition frame around that in body. That additional frame have some "1/2" fillet radius" (at least those who use Cad know what I mean...), but I think that this additional area is too much. Could somebody say that what is correct size for that circle?
Old 04-15-2008, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jberg,

The 46" is the approx center to center distance that I have on the buck I have built- I cannot guarantee that is the same as other replicas as I built that from some scaled up model plans. Maybe Hank F can come back with further information, or anyone else for that matter. The pics in my gallery were taken at a very short focal distance which distorts the picture a little, cannot do much about that until I get all those bucks down out of the loft , & that wont be until later this year at least.

I dont know if this is 'correct' part, but ''HELLA" part # 1017 is chrome rim for #1016 universal 7" headlight assy. The chrome rim in the catalog has an OD diameter of 195mm ( 7.677"), so you could work from that. This is a headlight assy as sold to special coacbuilders such as Bus Manufacturers etc.

I am only working off the Hella Catalog, please verify this before altering you plans etc.

Jac Mac

Last edited by Jac Mac; 04-15-2008 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: xtra info
Old 04-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The 427 body I have the centerline between the headlights is 45 inches,from the info I have this is correct.
The Fliptop headlights were 48 inches apart according to the owner.
Hank
Old 04-15-2008, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Jay Mac. I will use that and I also find that specs sheet from hella web page for these.

I will try to reduce that distance to 45". I think that there is enoug material but let see.

I think that I need to made one drawing more where is 195mm disk in correct place...
Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank F View Post
The 427 body I have the centerline between the headlights is 45 inches,from the info I have this is correct.
The Fliptop headlights were 48 inches apart according to the owner.
Hank
Hank, that would add some substance to the story I have that the Flip Top was widened down the center of the body, There is a pic in one book of it leading the field away from the start at Nassau in the Bahamas where the body 'looks wider' than other cobras in the field, Hmmm, now where did I put the Jig Saw!

Jac Mac
Old 04-15-2008, 02:35 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Jac Mac,take a look at Brent Mills photo album,he`s got a lot of pictures of the fliptop!
Hank
Old 04-15-2008, 02:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is some pic for those who star doing alu-body and origin type of chassis.

http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/kirkham

This Eropean kirkham resaler have a nice photos where you may see how chassis and body shoud be fixed together.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

The body I measured is 44 5/8" between centres (x25.4 right ;-). The headlights are 8" diameter.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch building frame,FFR Mkll body ,302w, and T5 trans, 3.0 rear.
Not Ranked     

I want to thank everybody,Ozgur_TAN, mickmate,j burg,JAC MAC, and anyone I missed, for all the help, I have a couple complete sets ov plans and will start gathering the material to build my buck. I also checked out the metalmeet site and will be building an E wheel and then the fun begins. I am still giving lots of consideration into buying a used lathe so I can do more myself and not have to depend on others for stuff.
1963 Mercury Monterey 460+ .060 .//Cobra clone, Scratch build frame /302/ T-5 WC / 3.00-9in/FFR mkll body (Broken but repairable) /91 Lincoln Wire Wheels // : N.S.M.C Charter/Life Member// Die Hard Blue Oval Nut

The finish is better than the beginning. Ecc7:8

Last edited by 63mercury; 04-18-2008 at 03:33 AM..
Old 04-18-2008, 03:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi, 63 Mercury

May I ask that how much you have plan to spent for e-wheel? Here

http://www.hoosierpattern.com/default.aspx

i can see some prices and thees looks rather high...

If you have some plans for e-wheel it could be nice to hear more about those.

I star yesterday to made 3D-model of chassis just to see how that fit to body model what I use (and also to convert measures to mm). I will do some jig model as well arount that chassis model. Hopefylly I get these done before my holiday start...

PS. I Still looking suspension parts measures. I could made 3D-model of those as well and affter all is in 3D-model I could do some simulations for those...
Old 11-14-2014, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dear JBerg,

I have read your post with a lot of interest. We want to build an aluminium body based on such a forming buck (out of plywood).

You write: "I have these drawings (I add few print screen pic as a sample to my callery) in autocad format (and pdf format for printig purpose)."

Would you be willing to share the data with me?

Best regards,
britta
Old 09-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Body Buck drawings

Does anyone have the body buck plans in pdf or any cnc files? I built a cnc router and would love to cut out one of these to modify the body some.

Lee
Weeki Wachee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63mercury View Post
yah thats it,or very close to what I'm looking for. Carl
Old 09-24-2015, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

you should be able to buy such file from CGTrader.com
I got one for a Maserati for $100.