Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

This post title approach is very cost prohibitive. Upside I suppose is the extra power/performance they can build in. But those appearance adjustments are too "bad retro" for me:

Last edited by Cashburn; 01-19-2010 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Fixed image link.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Hopefully it isnt another version of the new Mustang/Shelby. I think he is up to 6 different versions now. I love the GT500 and new Mustang as much as the next guy but I feel they are "jumping the shark" for you Happy Days fans with all of these models.
Ron
+1. Yawn.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

It looks like its 86' and thats what you think a 2011 mustang would look like , problem is we now know how cheesy 86' was Mr.Crocket ddddo I hear Phil Collins ?
SDR
________
Toyota jz engine specifications

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Old 01-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

It's a bummer that they continue to think that it's a good strategy to produce cars that look like a bloated whale. If they wanted to pay homage to the GT350, they would have built a lightweight vehicle that performs and looks like it just came off of the track.

Oh well, just another (albeit damn fast) portly grocery getter.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 01-18-2010 at 09:49 PM..
Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #455, KC427W, TWM-FI
Not Ranked     

I'm done with the mustang retro clones.

Quit being pu$$y's by bolting on a bunch of junk and calling it new. Bubba can do that in the backyard for a few beers.

Excite me, make the GR-1 next year.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: hurricane 1075
Not Ranked     

I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't like it
33k over sticker for no more than 12k in parts at that mark up how can anyone say shelby american is in finacial distress

the only benefit of this unveiling is to see the new 5.0 with a supercharger on it that gets me thinking camaro this week or mustang next year?
Old 01-19-2010, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.ridelust.com/2011-asc-cam...bird-trans-am/
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

It's just another version of the Mustang with "added benefits".....like more money.
I really like the Mustang, my son-in-law just bought a new GT-500 Shelby, very cool car and pretty fast...but still a large beast.
I'm a Ford guy, but the new Corvette is my choice for the money.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

I had a C-6 last summer , I'm not a corvette guy but WOW . Quicker 0 to 60 than a Ferrari 360 . This is a stock c-6 not the Z06 , gotta say I was impressed .
SDR
________
Hawaii dispensaries

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Just what the world needs-another 3600 pound Mustang.
I was wrong-closer to 3800... An Eaton plus all that ghetto 'aero' and it's brackets and 1000 badges. $63K and still a live axle... The base car isn't even worth $30K. At Shelby they truly know how dumb the collector car market is in AD 2010. These will all show up in the Autoweek classifieds in a matter of days. And re-emerge at BJ on the next circus go-round.

Any number of Cobra replicas could be had for $63K with 600HP and a thousand less pounds. The only guys who know how to build race quality contemporary Mustangs are the MultiMatic guys in Canada. Not a BS car. Just no 'legendary' signatures on the seat and dash...

If Shelby offered 'body-in-white' '65 Mustangs with Dart aluminum 8.2 deck motors-THAT would be something to be shouting to the guys on a forum such as this.

Another example of how the man has destroyed his creditability with his primary supporters over the decades-but the posers and fawns will still line up for his crap.

Thank God they didn't let him put his hands on the GR-1.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4990-shelby 427
Not Ranked     

Wow.....
I had a Gt-350 for 25 years. It was my first car.
Over the years I have often thought, what would I do if I could design a new one.
This new car is not what I had in mind.
Shelby American Wheels has some new wheels that look a lot like the old 10-spokes.
What about Borla's side exhaust kit?
Why logos on the hood in the stripe?
Giant plastic skirts?
It just seems a little over done with all of the stickers and badges
Maybe since I am 44yo, I am just old and out of touch but I don't get it.
I like the color and most of the stripes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"Hello? Mr. Shelby. The producers of the 'Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift' want their car returned back to the movie lot."
Old 01-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

I like the valve covers...
Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I like the hood scoop look. Don't care much for the reverse backup lights though, they somehow look like a last minute addition. Not that I'm sure where else to put them, just saying...
Old 01-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I'd like to see the car for real and up close. So I will wait until they get one around here before I make any judgment as to what I like or don't like. Pictures don't always show things as they are.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-19-2010, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

I thought it was going to be this announcement, finally released:

Shelby American Signs Licensing Agreement with India's Tata Motors

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 01-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Too bad he didn't move with Daisy....
Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They're being very kind to the new GT350 over on the SAAC Forum. Rick Kopec has even weighed in and said:

"I would caution any of you armchair engineers that before you start in with the snide comments about the new GT350, you should be thankful that somebody still has the interest to keep the Shelby name alive and to try to create a car that approximates what Shelby American did 45 years ago. Not duplicate it because that cannot be done. You can’t go back in time. But you can pay tribute to the original concept and that’s certainly better than ignoring it or forgetting it. The original GT350s were terrific cars that have become icons over the years for many reasons. Do we really want to knock them off the pedestal we’ve spent 35 years creating and putting them up on?"

Of course, Amy from SAI still posts over at the SAAC Forum. I'm very happy that someone is keeping the Shelby name alive, including us here with our Cobras, but I still think the new GT350 could have better and more imaginative. Of course, I can't criticize since I haven't created any machinery in my life nor could I build my model cars correctly. I always have leftover parts and bad paint jobs.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did play quarterback in school, so I can at least criticize Alex Smith and Shaun Hill of SF 49ers.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
They're being very kind to the new GT350 over on the SAAC Forum. Rick Kopec has even weighed in and said:

"I would caution any of you armchair engineers that before you start in with the snide comments about the new GT350, you should be thankful that somebody still has the interest to keep the Shelby name alive and to try to create a car that approximates what Shelby American did 45 years ago. Not duplicate it because that cannot be done. You can’t go back in time. But you can pay tribute to the original concept and that’s certainly better than ignoring it or forgetting it. The original GT350s were terrific cars that have become icons over the years for many reasons. Do we really want to knock them off the pedestal we’ve spent 35 years creating and putting them up on?"

Of course, Amy from SAI still posts over at the SAAC Forum. I'm very happy that someone is keeping the Shelby name alive, including us here with our Cobras, but I still think the new GT350 could have better and more imaginative. Of course, I can't criticize since I haven't created any machinery in my life nor could I build my model cars correctly. I always have leftover parts and bad paint jobs.
Keep drinking the Kool-aid. So even if you think the car is a bloated pig, you should refrain from making snide comments? Ok, I will refrain from making any snide comments.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it