Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-13-2011, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thinking of buying a CSX4000 or CSX7000

Hello,

I live in France and I have been reading the clubcobra forum for three years on a regular basis. Now I think time might have come to get into the business for a Cobra.

For me that means I would have to sell another snake (my 99 Viper GTS).

Based on my budget I will be looking for a CSX7000 or a CSX4000 roller in the low to mid 40's (an unfinished project, or a roller in stock for a long time). Do you think guys that it is realistic or not ?

If I had the opportunity I would go for a CSX7000 but these cars are much rarer on the market and I think a CSX4000 would be easier to find (don't get me wrong, I like the rough power of the 427 too !).

On the other hand, I could also buy a used complete car but in that case my budget would be in the low 60's which I think might be too low.

Any input would be appreciated and feel free to pm me if you know a roller that meets my dreams.

Last edited by eb911; 03-13-2011 at 09:43 AM..
Old 03-13-2011, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

You probably wont fiond a roller in the mid 40's or the mid 50's in a csx since the base price of ALL the models is now $60. The dealers aren't allowed by Shelby from what I understnad to budge. If you have your heart set on teh csx you can buy a used one for proably $80K. By the time you build a new one you will be $95-110K. The best bang for your buck is a nice SPF that can be had all day long used in the $45-50K range
Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There was a red CSX4000 (CSX4245) roller for sale on craigslit for 40 KUSD. I sent an email and left two voice messages but no reply. In the meantime I found out that the ads on craigslist had been removed. I guess the car is now sold. The perfect deal ?
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

You will need to find one that someone bought a while ago and did not finish. I believe the current (new) price for a CSX painted roller (just add engine and tranny) is $65,000. That is the price I was given 2 weeks ago from a dealer at a show in Naples, Florida. For the money it would cost for a finished glass CSX car you should be able to locate a used Kirkham - alum body. Listed in the CSX registry.

"Cobracountry" lists a glass bodied CSX4000 car, complete, for $105,000 and an aluminum 427 SC Kirkham, with a Keith Craft motor, for $105,000...as a frame of reference on the two. Also came across a CSX 4000 for $90,000, complete with motor and tranny (glass body).

Last edited by Rickd; 03-13-2011 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-13-2011, 11:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK427 BB Chevy454
Not Ranked     

Hi eb911 ( name would be good)
I live in France near Cannes, whereabouts are you?
Trouble in France is getting the car registered correctly
There are a couple of csx cars here:http://www.lacentrale.fr/listing_aut...prix_maxi=&cp=

Mark
Old 03-13-2011, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Mark,

I live in Bordeaux (for those who might not know the town they probably heard about our wine ).

I know the only Cobra that can be properly registered in France are the CSX, hence my research for a CSX4000 or CSX7000 (and because they are the ones I like much).

Rik
Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Rik,
I just looked at the csx6000 series car, and realised it's a turnkey minus for
145000€ (202500$)!!!!!!
Got to be a whole lot cheaper to buy from the states and get shipped.

Mark
Old 03-13-2011, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just seen this csx4000 in Paris
http://www.autoscout24.fr/Details.as...110265&asrc=fa

Mark
Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

My CSX4000 carbon fiber car is on Cobra Country also for $105K.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Rik,
Will they not let you bring in a Cobra with a "1965" dated title? I had a guy a few years back that wanted my car and he was from France too. The only way he could get it into the country was if it had a 1965 title or similar. At any rate, if you want a Cobra it might be best to sell the Viper and then you have the money to pounce. Some of these deals these days don't last for too long!! Regards, Matt
Old 03-13-2011, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Real nice CSX7000 FIA on Ebay right now.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharapa View Post
Real nice CSX7000 FIA on Ebay right now.
If you're speaking of this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/289-F...item2561ec0443

Photos here:

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/2306/photos/579691

(Note that the link will probably go away in a few days.)

That is CSX7036. Look very carefully at the lst two photos of the wheel alignment in the wheel wells. This car is one of the couple that were not built correctly and the dealer has never sent it back to be corrected. I would not touch this car until the dealer has had the body and frame realigned. Another forum member went through this recently with his car.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Contact Steve at Denbeste Motorsports , he has experience getting Cobras into France, they have several customers there. --
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Many thanks for your comments and inputs.

Getting a Cobra into France is not that difficult. The problem is to have them homologated and registered. My understanding of the problem is that if you want to have it properly registered, you need a 1965 title when entering the country but that is not enough. Having a CSX VIN helps registering as it refers to an "old" car, and together with a copy of the Shelby MSO and many other documents (that is the french administration), it seems to be the only way to have a proper (and legal) registration.

As for CSX7036, I also noted the body was not properly aligned (front wheel not centered in the wheel well). Does it mean the body has not been built with good dimensions, or is it a chassis problem, or just fitting issues ?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Getting a new CSX car with a "1965" title as a roller will never happen. Hence it has to be completed to even get it registered/ titled. Still getting it titled as a "1965" is getting increasingly harder in every state here! I don't know about the CSX vin being a "older" vin? My vin is considered the old vin as it doesn't have the new type with 17 numbers. It would seem the MSO would be hurtful in registering the car as it would state the date it was produced and that would NOT be in 1965. Most MSO's are lost after the car is registered as the DMV takes them I believe.

As for the front wheels on the car in question. It might also be possible the front lower a arms have to much forward adjustment too. It's hard to tell with out more pics. But to re position the body , how do you do that! The aluminum is wrapped under the front dash support and other areas too. I would tend to think it was an improper suspension set up rather than the body mis alighned. But anything is possible. Regards, Matt
Old 03-14-2011, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Csx 7036

Hi, I was one of the folks who was looking at this car. Here is a link to the thread that documents the problem with body alignment that includes a link to yet another 7000 series with the same problem (seems it is/was a known problem)

CSX 7000 Question

Opted to not pursue. Not the adventurous type with my $ and personally does not make sense to pay major dollars for something that is not right.

Bob
Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA-ERA View Post

As for the front wheels on the car in question. It might also be possible the front lower a arms have to much forward adjustment too. It's hard to tell with out more pics. But to re position the body , how do you do that! The aluminum is wrapped under the front dash support and other areas too. I would tend to think it was an improper suspension set up rather than the body mis alighned. But anything is possible. Regards, Matt
It's a glass car...

The body cannot be repositioned nor will suspension changes fix it. The wheel openings had to be modified - read body work and paint. Maybe Ron will pipe in but it was a major head- and heart-ache for him.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

In other words, as SAI won't probably fix the issue on a 9 years old car, the only way would be to remove the body and fit another one (at what cost ?).
At that stage, it may be worth putting an aluminium one.