Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI; '68 427FESO Southern Automotive
Not Ranked     
Default New legs and shoes...

Voila!

I was always intrigued to see the difference between original-styled Halis/BB's vs. 289 FIA's/Avons on Ricky Bobby. Well, the wait is over. Here it is, and I must say I TOTALLY dig it! My local mechanic and paint shop did an absolutely awesome job (pic is low-res, but I will be taking better ones soon)....

My thanks also go to you Nick at ACE...

Hector
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Yes, that makes a really nice look.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Shake 'n Bake?

I like "Magic Man and El Diablo" (Spanish for like a fighting chicken).
Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Painting the wheels is just a great idea. It's cheap, reasonably easy to do, and if you don't like how they turn out, it's easy to change them.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Painting the wheels is just a great idea. It's cheap, reasonably easy to do, and if you don't like how they turn out, it's easy to change them.
Well, at least Hector changed the color of his wheels.

And he changed the type of wheel too.

I like the "Canepa look" or, even better, finding some magnesium wheels.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you, Patrick... I think my Hali (Trigo) are now at risk. I like their current white centers, but the gold turned out so well.

RodKnock, that was really good... honestly, that was in the top five choices. I thought about putting "Magic Man" on one side, and "El Diablo" on the other. They would refer to my children

Oh, have you tried magnesium paint? I mean, some paint with magnesium in it? There's gotta be something like that out there. Definitely cheaper...

Seroiusly, though, how much weight do mags save? 40 lbs. ? Just curious.

H
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutosnake View Post
Oh, have you tried magnesium paint? I mean, some paint with magnesium in it? There's gotta be something like that out there. Definitely cheaper...

Seroiusly, though, how much weight do mags save? 40 lbs. ? Just curious.

H
You know how you just want something? I just want mags. There was a thread a week or two back where rodneym weighed a Trigo and Halibrand and I think he came up with 2-3 lbs per wheel. Not only is it the weight savings, and weight savings is BIG "in my book", but it's also "the look" that no amount of paint can replicate. And it gets me ever so slightly closer to an original CSX3000.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 427/487 side-oiler
Not Ranked     

Looks great. I decided to go with FIA wheels for the ERA 427 I'm building. It's just a little different, though I like the Halibrands too. Did you consider other finishes besides gold, like black, clearcoat, or bare?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That's a nice side-step! I wonder what some Avon stenciling would do to those fancy tires?

David
Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA2041 sold 2021
Not Ranked     

[IMG]DSC021671JPG[/IMG] Here's the bare look for consideration. (if I uploaded correctly)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA2041 sold 2021
Not Ranked     

Trying again to show image, bare FIA wheels
Old 05-17-2013, 01:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
You know how you just want something? I just want mags. There was a thread a week or two back where rodneym weighed a Trigo and Halibrand and I think he came up with 2-3 lbs per wheel. Not only is it the weight savings, and weight savings is BIG "in my book", but it's also "the look" that no amount of paint can replicate. And it gets me ever so slightly closer to an original CSX3000.
I know exactly how you feel. I just pulled the trigger on something I should't have afforded. But I had to! When my wife found out how much I paid for a Mcintosh amp and pre-amp, well you know.

I would love to have a set of mags for the same reasons you want yours... even if their rarity were not an issue, and I stumped into a set right outside my door, immediately after I pulled that trigger, I would be the new member of the Vienna Boys Choir, expedited by the aforementioned wife

Hector
Old 05-17-2013, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteF View Post
Trying again to show image, bare FIA wheels
Nice, I like it...
Old 05-17-2013, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     

LOVE IT~ LOVE IT~ LOVE IT!

I'm about to order my Trigos and now i'm seriously considering having them powercoated gold.

I work in Longview, TX ... would love to take a drive over to Shreveport one weeknight and have a look at your amazing Cobra, Hector.

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Looks great. I decided to go with FIA wheels for the ERA 427 I'm building. It's just a little different, though I like the Halibrands too. Did you consider other finishes besides gold, like black, clearcoat, or bare?
Lippy, I guess I like color in a sports car... perhaps something to do with my latino genetics. I think of these cars as wild, out of control, big mouthed, immature apes, and I carry mine around as such. If mine were a slab-side street beauty, I would have definitively use bare, or chrome, or even black.

Since the only original color is oxidized magnesium, I figure the sky is the limit. Plus, I DO have to admit that I borrowed it from the Italians (another lively group). Remember the Ferrari 330 P3/P4, the Lamborghini Miura SV, Nikki Lauda's Formula Ferrari, etc? To me red and gold = fast
Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601HP View Post
That's a nice side-step! I wonder what some Avon stenciling would do to those fancy tires?

David
Funny you mention it, David... I have the stencils from Raceline Digital right here. It's just that I saw the first pics (car is still at the shop) and started to appreciate the plain black wall more... I may paint one tire and see
Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcobra15 View Post
LOVE IT~ LOVE IT~ LOVE IT!

I'm about to order my Trigos and now i'm seriously considering having them powercoated gold.

I work in Longview, TX ... would love to take a drive over to Shreveport one weeknight and have a look at your amazing Cobra, Hector.
PM me. Will give you my contact info. Come by next week.

Hector
Old 05-24-2013, 07:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#520, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

She looks fantastic...........Now you have to update your Avitar. This is another way to poke a finger in the Prancing Horse guys eye........If you decide to add side wall lettering I would vote for a washed out gold stenciling.....Great job
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4017 View Post
She looks fantastic...........Now you have to update your Avitar. This is another way to poke a finger in the Prancing Horse guys eye........If you decide to add side wall lettering I would vote for a washed out gold stenciling.....Great job
Thank you, sir! I'm working on tires this weekend. I already messed up one stencil... The ones I bought from racelinedigital are not reusable. They wouldn't stick to the tire, and I couldn't use them. I stuck it on a piece of poster board and will attempt to make my own stencil with it. Then I have to choose paint. I have Ranger Paint yellow that's a bit too bright I think. I also though about painting JUST the little word "Avon" on the rubber's surface. We'll see...
Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4017 View Post
This is what I ended up doing:

I think it is more subtle (not that the car is)

Cheers!