Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had to wait for over 6 months for my Ponds block... that held up my build for a while. Mine is stroked to a 482. It's got tons of power/torque. Susan has been awesome !!!!!!

Last edited by E5USMC; 04-10-2017 at 02:04 PM..
Old 04-10-2017, 02:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Susan and Lyle do nice work. Are you running slid or hydraulic lifters?
Old 04-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Gorgeous car!
Old 09-23-2017, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As embarrassing as it is to say... I finally hit my 500 miles and got my oil change in. I need less work and more driving time !!!! I used a magnet in the draining of the oil pan and the filter and there wasn't a spec of metal in either. Have to give kudos to Susan and Lyle at Southern Automotive for and outstanding engine!!!! This thing is a pure pleasure to drive and the available power is outstanding.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Congrats! But what happened to the pics?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 09-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Ditto the pics.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gotta move them to another host.... Photobucket went full stupid!!!
Old 10-01-2017, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5USMC View Post
Gotta move them to another host.... Photobucket went full stupid!!!
I gave up. I would have to move thousands of pictures and track down hundreds of posts to fix them. Ir toukd rake hours and hours. I deemed it not worth the effort.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

From the comments, sounds like a great car....but I can't see any pictures. Where can I find them?

Cheers,
Glen
Old 10-01-2017, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
From the comments, sounds like a great car....but I can't see any pictures. Where can I find them?

Cheers,
Glen
Apparently they were linked from here to a Photobucket account. They used to just show as a void place holder with an extortion message but maybe now Photobucket supplies a "null" (1 pixel?) image in their place. At any rate what used to be free is now about $400/year to link them, forever. So I've decided that noone in my family will continue to pay for them to be valid links in 5 or 10 years, so just as well cut the cord now. Maybe Photobucket doesn't want to be in business any more.

PS You know all those "free" sites that people are migrating to? Well , soon they will also be overwhelmed with increasing bandwidth and storage requirements that noone is paying for and they will have to start charging too. It's just like the parking at the places on the LV strip. The MGM properties started charging. Soon all the neighboring hotel's free lots were plugged with cars from people staying at other properties and they started charging too. Now there isn't a free parking place on the strip. Photo hosting sites will all start charging soon. That's why I'm not bothering to move them - the free one today will start charging in a year and go through it all again. No thanks.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 10-01-2017 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-02-2017, 12:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
...They used to just show as a void place holder with an extortion message but maybe now Photobucket supplies a "null" (1 pixel?) image in their place....
Thanks for the explanation. I had to replace all of the "extortion messages" in my two build threads. PB are not winning any friends.

Cheers,
Glen
Old 10-03-2017, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Some photos for the thread.

1985 CCX and Jdata like this.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Looks nice! Great to have it sitting in your garage.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Had her out for a run today and took what I thought was some great pics for an iPhone!!!

CSX4451
cobra and 1985 CCX like this.

Last edited by E5USMC; 11-15-2017 at 06:52 AM..
Old 02-12-2018, 05:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Great pictures and a great Cobra. You are going to have a ton of fun with it. Congratulations.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 02-12-2018, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '65 Shelby Cobra, '66 Shelby GT350's
Not Ranked     

Great looking car, I'll be anxious to see your GoPro video. I may be visiting Olthoff myself in the near future.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Did you grind those Cooper sidewalls clean yourself? I'm curious about the process.

Thanks,
Troy
Old 02-13-2018, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is the process I used.

It’s best to do the tires unmoutned from the rims to ensure you don’t damage your wheels by accidentally hitting it with the sanding disc but I’ve done this with them mounted too so just be careful. Also ensure you have every letter you need in each kit so you don’t start and be short something.

1. Lay the tire flat with black letter side up.

2. Use 4 1/2 inch Angle Grinder and 120 grit flap disc

https://m.harborfreight.com/power-to...isc-69604.html

3. Starting on the raised letters With a slight downward angle, Carefully move the disc back and forth until the letter is gone. It won’t take much nor a lot of pressure on the disc to accomplish this.

4 just keep moving around the tire in the same manner until all letters are gone. I then take the disc and make Long back n forth movements around the tire to smooth out the marks.

5. I then take a medium or corse sanding sponge and work the tire to remove any small pieces of rubber debri.

6. Then use a fine sanding sponge to smooth out the tire.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Search/N...tialmax&NCNI-5

7. I then washed the tires with a power washer to get rid of and contamination and small rubber from the sanding and let dry.

8. I then place the letters out on tire to get the spacing and location I want and use chalk to mark letters locations. Usually a few marks per letter.

9. I use scotch tape to pick up each letter from the white side. Then using a small paint sponge, I wipe alcohol on tire area and back of letter to clean it. Let it dry or use heat gun to evaporate quickly ( what I did) Add the adhesive as the instructions state on the back of the letter. Don’t get to much or it will oozze out from behind the letter when placed but cover the rear of the letter with then amount of adhesive. Use the tape to hold and place the letter onto the tire. Using the tape let’s you place it exactly and not get glue on your hands and make a mess. The tape also holds the letter down once placed. I personally start with the Goodyear Sneaker as it’s the Center point. I then go Y, E, A, R then back to the other side and go D, O, O, G. This way you spacing will be spot on. On the EAGLE I start with the G then go L, E and the A, E, Also make sure you look at the Os to get the facing the right way and consistent.

10. Let dry, wipe off chalk marks and enjoy.

Hope this helps

Last edited by E5USMC; 02-13-2018 at 05:32 PM..
Old 02-14-2018, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Very helpful! Thank you. I think I'm going to experiment with this using a couple mounted spare tires I have. As for the lettering, too bad there isn't a way for these to be pre-spaced in a way that makes it easier to install. Like some sort of backing that dissolves or scrubs away after installation.

Perhaps one could lay out the lettering as you did and in addition to the chalk lines use large pieces of tape or adhesive vinyl to "pick up" the dry spaced lettering in larger sections?
Old 06-15-2018, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     

Hi E5USMC.
If I may, may I ask about the colour of your car (paint code if you have it). Thank you.

Your car looks amazing and my kids have shortlisted it as a suitable colour for mine.