Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 8litercobra
  • 1 Post By ACHiPo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2017, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default CSX Windshield Mounted Side Mirrors.

What side mirrors are you running on your cars? Looking to add one....maybe two but would prefer to add them to the side of the windscreen. Any idea where to buy ones that will properly mount?

Thanks!!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I use a windscreen mounted unit and a dash Lucas.
I found the fender mirror on my old 427 not worth much as far as use.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2017, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

we fabbed a bracket to hold a raydot as I didnt want to drill into the body and works great
Old 07-14-2017, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

0012 has the mounts on the windshield, that are located so that the mirrors are forward of the windscreens. To be honest that made them almost useless. When visiting the Cobra Experience, I notice that an original FIA car had the mirrors mounted on the windshield with the mirrors to the rear of the screen putting them in the sight line and useable.

Mark
Old 07-14-2017, 09:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     
Default Side morrors

Try contacting Terry Riebel at thedreamcarcompany.com

He has mirrors that attach using the top windwing mount. He offers left and right side. I've put a couple on my car and have rearward vision for the first time. High quality pieces, a very clean way to mount.

A friend saw mine, and purchased a set for his ERA. He is as pleased with his mirrors as I am with mine.

Mounting hardware and instructions are included. Mine stayed rock steady at 140, can't vouch for speeds above that!!
ACHiPo likes this.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:37 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by E5USMC View Post
What side mirrors are you running on your cars? Looking to add one....maybe two but would prefer to add them to the side of the windscreen. Any idea where to buy ones that will properly mount?

Thanks!!
The problem with the standard driver side fender mirror is that you can only monitor a small swath, because of its puny size. If you attach a typical auto parts convex mirror to the glass of that driver side mirror, you can actually make it look pretty nice, but the convexity effect is so great that it's difficult to use. What you want is the nice, slightly convex, Talbot bullet mirror that, unfortunately, is ridiculously expensive. However, you can "upgrade" your existing cheapo mirror with the high-end German optics for about $50. That's what I did, and the results were nothing short of spectacular. Here's the thread on it: A Replacement Convex Mirror that Really Works
Old 07-14-2017, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

I bought and mounted a pair of Terry Reibel's mirrors. Highly recommended.
Attached Images

1985 CCX likes this.

Last edited by ACHiPo; 07-14-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Old 07-14-2017, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Anyone have experience with the Raydyot style mirrors from Moss motors, flat lens, convex or both?
MossMotors.com - Restoration Parts And Accessories For British Cars
Old 08-26-2017, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     
Default Mirrors

Try Finish Line website for mirrors & brackets. Just be careful that if you need longer screws that they are no longer than the originals plus the thickness of the new brackets or else you stand a very good chance of cracking the windshield
Old 08-26-2017, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

For side mirrors, I also use the Raydots with the Raydot Mirror Side Post from Finish Line. The mirrors sit in front of the wind wings, and the driver side mirror works well, but the passenger one is pretty useless - just balances out the look of the car for me. Don't know if it matters for your purposes or not, but my car is an ERA 289 FIA model.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

Update, on 0012's mirror mounts. To make then more useful, I made some extensions (using a plastic vac tub that's the same diameter of the base) moving the Right side out an 1 "1/2 and the Left 1". Using a coupler to extend the length of the bolt. Found some plastic with brass inserts thumb screws that make adjusting them simple. (True Value Hardware store) I also took a motorcycle convex mirror (that is about half the dome of others) for the left side and fitted it to the ray dot. When I can find a second Moto mirror same size/dome as the other, I'll replace the right side too. They are now useful. I would post photos but can't.

Mark.

Last edited by Moto One; 08-26-2017 at 07:32 PM.. Reason: grammar