Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   Denbeste Motor Sports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/142419-denbeste-motor-sports.html)

ERA 626 06-02-2019 12:37 PM

Denbeste Motor Sports

Has any one here purchased a car from Bill Denbeste? if so how did it go? Was anything promised? any warranty implied? Did they offer any support after the car was purchased? I recently Met Bill Denbeste, he seems like a straight shooter. Very nice humble man. Is it too good to be true? you know what they say...

twobjshelbys 06-02-2019 12:51 PM

Of course you know that anything "implied" is worth exactly the paper it is written on.

He's been a long term Shelby dealer, but there aren't a lot of Shelby CSX owners here

ERA 626 06-02-2019 01:40 PM

OK I thought this was the shelby fourm? has any one got a car from Denbeste?

twobjshelbys 06-02-2019 03:34 PM

This is the Cobra Forum - all manufacturers are represented, but the reality is that few Shelby owners have by and large left. There are maybe somewhere between 5 and 10 active Shelby CSX owners (former and current) now. One is an original car (CSX3170), I'm the former owner of CSX4005LA, and there are a few others. Overall, Shelby CSX owners are UNDER represented here.

There used to be a couple of CSX oriented forums but none of the links I have/had work any more.

CSXCobrafan 06-05-2019 01:12 PM

ERA 626,
I recently bought a Cobra, CSX61XX. After talking to 4 or 5 of the main dealers across the country, including Denbeste, I settled on SW Dynamic Motorsports (install to be done by Mike McClusky). Nothing against the other dealers, they seemed nice (Debeste included), but Dynamic gave what felt like more personalized service. If you are interested in buying a CSX car I suggest that you give Mark Logan a call at SW Dynamic Motorsports. He always answered my questions fully and in great detail. He is also extremely knowledgeable about the car and enthusiastic about the brand. Hope this helps and best of luck. - Harrison

LMH 06-05-2019 01:23 PM

You are in the correct forum Mike!
My only experience with them was two inquiries about a body they had for sale and both went with no reply. I didn’t pursue it further.
Larry

mrmustang 06-05-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 1462614)
OK I thought this was the shelby fourm? has any one got a car from Denbeste?

You didn't even give your 1st post an hour :rolleyes:

You do realize that quite a few of us do not live on the forum 24x7, right ;)

cycleguy55 06-05-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1462774)
You didn't even give your 1st post an hour :rolleyes:

You do realize that quite a few of us do not live on the forum 24x7, right ;)

I thought we were all 'on call' to immediately respond to questions. At least that's what I'm getting paid for. :LOL::LOL:

gthompson 06-05-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1462612)
Of course you know that anything "implied" is worth exactly the paper it is written on.

He's been a long term Shelby dealer, but there aren't a lot of Shelby CSX owners here

I’m here! 😀

But I’ve never had any dealings with Denbeste

Igofastr 06-06-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMH (Post 1462767)
You are in the correct forum Mike!
My only experience with them was two inquiries about a body they had for sale and both went with no reply. I didn’t pursue it further.
Larry

Those bodies sold pretty quickly (I bought one). The sale seemed to be handled by warehouse staff, not really salesmen, and certainly not by Mr Denbaste. Not sure how they would handle the sale of a regular car. Judging by his spectacular "warehouse", I'm not sure he's ever actually sold a car. :)

maurice19 06-06-2019 05:38 PM

Hi Ron,
What kind of body?

Maurice

LMH 06-06-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igofastr (Post 1462826)
Those bodies sold pretty quickly (I bought one). The sale seemed to be handled by warehouse staff, not really salesmen, and certainly not by Mr Denbaste. Not sure how they would handle the sale of a regular car. Judging by his spectacular "warehouse", I'm not sure he's ever actually sold a car. :)

Did you buy one of the leaf spring bodies?
Larry

mrmustang 06-07-2019 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA 626 (Post 1462611)
Has any one here purchased a car from Bill Denbeste? if so how did it go? Was anything promised? any warranty implied? Did they offer any support after the car was purchased? I recently Met Bill Denbeste, he seems like a straight shooter. Very nice humble man. Is it too good to be true? you know what they say...

Mike,

All kidding aside in regards to your lack of time between your first two posts :p, unlike a select few CSX dealers, some I had at one time pointed people towards when asked who to purchase from, I have yet to hear or read anything negative about Bill Denbeste and his business. As for CSX owners being on this site, believe it or not, there are plenty, both original and continuation series owners here. A good majority do not do anything but read the posts (or talk via PM), and absorb the information posted. Some are quite knowledgeable, others have trouble changing a turn signal bulb, yet all are enthusiasts in their own right.

Bill

Terlingua11 06-07-2019 07:08 AM

Nothing wrong with reading and absorbing information....... with the occasional PM :)
CSX2122

ERA 626 06-07-2019 09:03 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes Bill has a ton of money and passion for cars, but he is not very hands on. If you are looking for a really involved guy he is not the guy. He bought about 40 cars to put on his wall, he is not eager to sell them as he told me "the wall would be empty". I did buy a CSX 60xx from Bill. It does not come with any mounts, heater, vents etc... I will do this my self. His focus in on the Shelby Engine Co and all of his other ventures. Overall a nice guy.

Kit Coyle 06-07-2019 09:17 AM

I have not purchased a car from DenBeste Motor Sports but I have met Bill
DenBeste several times and find him friendly, knowledgeable, and approachable.
His shop is first rate and a joy for a car nut to visit. His wife is a charming
hostess at their events and all the staff seem happy to engage visitors.

Igofastr 06-07-2019 09:45 AM

An aluminum one. :)

What kind of body?

maurice19 06-07-2019 10:20 AM

Make my day

LMH 06-07-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igofastr (Post 1462866)
An aluminum one. :)

What kind of body?

If you're replying to my question, it was for what model did you buy a body?
Larry

maurice19 06-07-2019 01:09 PM

Hi Larry,

I was just asking Ron if the body was glass or aluminum.
Maurice