Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2023, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX48xx from South Africa
Not Ranked     
Default Zero customer service!

I wish there was more than one source for parts. They are so busy you can’t get any help. I guess I will have to be patient and wait for my turn. I will probably have to go order stuff in person.

Last edited by Maxjeep; 03-21-2023 at 06:51 AM..
Old 03-21-2023, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

There are a few parts suppliers. Some better than others. What is it you are looking for?
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:20 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Perhaps trying a Shelby Cobra dealer like: https://denbestemotorsports.com/

Or a restoration place like: Cobra Automotive

Or a manufacturer like: https://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlzEE Bebout View Post
There are a few parts suppliers. Some better than others. What is it you are looking for?
I need driver side lower a-arm and possibly upper. Spindle, ball joints and lower a-arm tabs. I also need the triangular bracket that’s in front of the pedal bow. I have a few good leads on some stuff and I’m glad they didn’t have time to help. Lol everything is going to work out better I believe
Old 03-21-2023, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
Perhaps trying a Shelby Cobra dealer like: https://denbestemotorsports.com/

Or a restoration place like: Cobra Automotive

Or a manufacturer like: https://www.kirkhammotorsports.com/
Or the place both Shelby and Superformance start from: Hillbank.

Shelby American stopped being a parts source years ago. They deal mostly with Mustangs out of Vegas and leave the Cobra stuff mostly to Hillbank. Way back when I needed a Lucas switch and had a good relationship with Gary Patterson (before he was an exec) and he said they had one in the back room but as far as official parts department they weren't doing that any more. That was when most of the Continuation Cobras took a trip through the Vegas facility for final outfitting. Haven't been there for a while so I don't know if they even have a Cobra "shop" any more.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjeep View Post
I need driver side lower a-arm and possibly upper. Spindle, ball joints and lower a-arm tabs. I also need the triangular bracket that’s in front of the pedal bow. I have a few good leads on some stuff and I’m glad they didn’t have time to help. Lol everything is going to work out better I believe
Those parts are going to be hard to come by without going to Hi-Tech in South Africa. Again, I'd check with Hillbank since they are the clearing house for all Hi-tech imports.
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Or the place both Shelby and Superformance start from: Hillbank.

Shelby American stopped being a parts source years ago. They deal mostly with Mustangs out of Vegas and leave the Cobra stuff mostly to Hillbank. Way back when I needed a Lucas switch and had a good relationship with Gary Patterson (before he was an exec) and he said they had one in the back room but as far as official parts department they weren't doing that any more. That was when most of the Continuation Cobras took a trip through the Vegas facility for final outfitting. Haven't been there for a while so I don't know if they even have a Cobra "shop" any more.
Shelby here has been very helpful and I have nothing but good things to say about them. The young lady from SPF sent me a quote this morning and I assume that she has more work than she can do. I had a few adult beverages and I was probably being a little impatient. Just hard sitting here with a car an no answers. I didn’t know if I should starting getting a second on my home or not. Lol quote was really high from what I was expecting. Actually I was expecting high but not 29,000 worth
Old 03-21-2023, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Shelby here has been very helpful and I have nothing but good things to say about them. The young lady from SPF sent me a quote this morning and I assume that she has more work than she can do. I had a few adult beverages and I was probably being a little impatient. Just hard sitting here with a car an no answers. I didn’t know if I should starting getting a second on my home or not. Lol quote was really high from what I was expecting. Actually I was expecting high but not 29,000 worth
My point wasn't that Shelby wasn't helpful - I always had good contacts with them - just that they aren't a parts source except for whatever they might need short term. In other words, unlike a Ford dealer, you're not likely to build a Cobra out of the Vegas parts department.

Do they still have the Cobra Shop? Like I said, I haven't been over there for a while. Actually, 2014. My how time flies.

Good luck!!!
Old 03-21-2023, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
My point wasn't that Shelby wasn't helpful - I always had good contacts with them - just that they aren't a parts source except for whatever they might need short term. In other words, unlike a Ford dealer, you're not likely to build a Cobra out of the Vegas parts department.

Do they still have the Cobra Shop? Like I said, I haven't been over there for a while. Actually, 2014. My how time flies.

Good luck!!!
I don’t know if they have the Cobra shop. They told me they don’t have anything to do with parts anymore except for the new cars they are doing for Ford. I was just wanting everyone to know that Shelby here is very good.
Old 03-21-2023, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
new cars they are doing for Ford. I was just wanting everyone to know that Shelby here is very good.
Both statements are consistent with my experience.
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:05 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Kirkham might be a better source for the suspension and frame pieces

Just saying

Bill S.
jolsen42 and Maxjeep like this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-21-2023, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alloy Shelby CSX 8057/Kirkham 1010, 289 Vintage Lykins Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Kirkham might be a better source for the suspension and frame pieces

Just saying

Bill S.
1. I wouldn’t count on SPF and KIrkham parts being interchangeable

2. David is extremely busy and backlogged. Not inclined at this point to assist in chasing down random parts. But, you can always ask.
twobjshelbys likes this.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Check Cobra Valley. They have a pretty wide selection of parts and are quite knowledgeable.
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:20 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkb View Post

2. David is extremely busy and backlogged. Not inclined at this point to assist in chasing down random parts. But, you can always ask.
CSX4000/CSX6000 are different from SPF Cobras.

CSX4000/CSX6000 Cobras (unlike SPF) are supposed to have frame suspension parts that are interchangable with original CSX3000 Cobras from the 1960s. Likewise Kirkham frames and suspension parts are also supposed to be interchangable with original Cobras. Original Cobra owners buy parts from Kirkham to install on their original 1960s CSX2000/CSX3000 Cobras.

So I would think that Kirkham parts "should" work on CSX4000/CSX6000 cars.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:00 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkb View Post

Sorry to disagree, but the CSX4000 and up series cars, some sourced from Kirkham (aluminum body rollers), all share the same pick up and mounting points. Thus, making Kirkham the next place for the OP to call. Yes, David is busy, but he has an excellent office and warehouse staff that I am certain can assist the OP in his quest for the sourcing of replacement parts.

Bill S.
Maxjeep likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-22-2023, 05:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Probably better off timewise and even money wise to hit up the Kiwi Cobra fabricator and finisher in Virginia (sorry, I forget his name) to fab up whatever it is you need for you.
Maxjeep likes this.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

That would be Craig Coombe, Cobrawiki on this site. He does great work.
Blue66, 1ntCobra and SFSDFGT like this.
Old 03-22-2023, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
That would be Craig Coombe, Cobrawiki on this site. He does great work.
I have had a conversation with Craig and he took the time to answer all of my stupid questions. I think he’s going to be a big help, probably the only person that I need. I’m sending him all my stuff so he can make or fix what needs it. This is a really nice car and it deserves to be back on the road. Not the cars fault that it was chosen by the poorest CSX owner ever! Lol
I would rather have a salvage CSX than a pristine Factory5 nothing against them at all because they allow everyone to experience The E ticket ride. I was looking at my brake pads and I haven’t seen anything like this before.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2023, 09:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Yes, Craig is the guy I was referring to. Whatever parts you need to replace, Craig can likely build them better and cheaper than what was originally on the car. I wouldn't waste time with trying to beg a recalcitrant, uncooperative and disinterested manufacturer for parts, especially at the insane and abusive prices you're being quoted. Call Craig, I'm reasonably sure he can handle it.
Blue66 and Maxjeep like this.
Old 03-22-2023, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
Yes, Craig is the guy I was referring to. Whatever parts you need to replace, Craig can likely build them better and cheaper than what was originally on the car. I wouldn't waste time with trying to beg a recalcitrant, uncooperative and disinterested manufacturer for parts, especially at the insane and abusive prices you're being quoted. Call Craig, I'm reasonably sure he can handle it.
I agree, she did me a favor! I’m still trying to figure out what Craig has and once he has my parts I will ask him what else he can provide