Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2003, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

Mystery:No thats Koi.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Deacon and A Friend do check out if you take the time to do an IP look up--something I recommend in the future before stones are cast.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:56 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking

Can't we all just get along

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 12-27-2003 at 09:32 AM..
Old 12-27-2003, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello to all,

I believe A Friend is an x employee of CAV that had been holding up final engineering and production for several months prior to my visit to Cape Town in November. Several theories surrounding the reasoning for the acts of savotage to the platform have been discussed but no true reason has been confirmed. I will not give his name at this time but am fairly positive it is him.

Deacon is an x employee of SAI by the name of Guy Childers. Guy was the controller for SAI prior to the reformation of the company in June of this year. I have nothing negative to say about him other than I believe several of his posts are not valid views of the current company and he is not privy to any information concerning the current corperate structure or mission. I can only wish him the best in the future and hope he finds a career to put his energy into soon.

R Brent Fenimore

Last edited by brentfenimore; 12-27-2003 at 09:36 AM..
Old 12-27-2003, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to The Deacon Send a message via Yahoo to The Deacon
Not Ranked     

Ok Folks!

Let me say without a doubt, I am not "a Friend", nor do I know this person. However, just like everyone else on this forum he is entitled to express his opinion.

As far as my views are concerned, Brent is correct in saying that they are not valid views of Shelby at this time. He is also correct in saying that I am not privy to any current information on the company structure and its mission at this time. However, I was not even privy to the overall company structure or mission in the time right before leaving the company. I am glad that Brent had nothing negative to say about me on here, but a bit disappointed that he had no "at-a-boys" to hand out either. but oh well.

I would also love to have a job to put my energies into, to help a company achieve its goals, because I believe I have a lot to contribute. Fortunately, I do have a family to attend to, along with being involved with my church, and these keep me busy to come degree.

Getting along is the name of the game. thanks guy
Old 12-27-2003, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Brent,
and everybody:

I was not with CAV, or what used to be CAV until recently!
I have a bad feelling, that Shelby himself does not really know what is happening in Cape Town.

I took a friend from Europe along a week ago to show him where CAV is building cars, because he wants a GT40. You will not believe what I saw there.
The former pic was to show you that I may be in the position to find out more than anybody in this forum.

I am not saying, that CAV, or whoever is left, are not building Cobras, but a lot is defenitely left in the dark.

Nevertheless, the result is what counts. And for that we have to wait for next year.
I also saw 20+ inner tubs at another of (former?) CAVs sites. Which is good.

I am doing some P.I. work here for free. I do not want to interfere with CAVs owner, employees, investors or Shelby American, Shelby Automotive, Shelby.* - or for that matter with the forum.

I am hoping for the best for all of us, because after all we love Cobras.

Please relax, I try to pass along good news, but it may take a while. I am holding other news back, because it will - hopefully - be overshadowed by the good results next year.

I do not know who mechanic is, but if he was with CAV, that leaves a 1 in 100 possibilities who he (or she) is.

Now I passed some information along, that is widely known in Cape Town.

You all have a great day,

A friend
But, of itself, experience has little value. For example,..., an artillery mule, .... which has not missed a campaign or battle since I left Corsica. He now has more combat experience than anyone in all my armies, including myself. But, ..., HE IS STILL AN ARTILLERY MULE." - By Napoleon
Old 12-27-2003, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

All,

Sorry for suggesting Deacon and friend were one in the same. That thought was partially inspired by the mysterious nature of the first couple of posts by friend and the low post count.

Friend, I've re-read this last post a few times now and I'm still perplexed at exactly what you're trying to communicate. You said we wouldn't believe what you saw there, but then don't go any futher. You said you're not trying to interfere, and that you'd like to pass on good news, but what is it exactly that you ARE trying to say? Maybe I'm the only thickheaded one here. I'm not trying to pick fights or stir the pot, just confused. I need it spelled out.

Myst-ified Train
Old 12-27-2003, 10:15 PM
I'm a bonehead!
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelbyvalleysuperera5
Not Ranked     

I beleive he is referring to the "SOLD" sign out in front of the CAV building and no one there.

the mechanic
Old 12-27-2003, 10:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ok...
I must confess I am with MysteryTrain on this one "A Friend", because I do not know what you are trying to say here or not say here..? I am also not trying to start a fight or stir anything up, but we need to be a bit less msyterious in all this, and a bit more straight forward..ok?

Are you saying that CAV is having problems?? Are you saying that things will work themselves out?? Are you saying that people have something to worry about???
Let us know..

The Deacon..
Old 12-27-2003, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh My!!

A sold sign?? That can mean a lot of things Mechanic.. and not all of them are bad.
Old 12-27-2003, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX 4780...after 19 months finally in Vegas. Now, if they can get the paint right :(
Send a message via Yahoo to ff2_emtb
Not Ranked     

I've got a novel idea......

How about Deacon, A Friend and Mechanic....

EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Listen up you primitive screw heads! I've been reading all three of you post nothing but pure BS on here for days. And ya know what? I'm sick of hearing it. And I'm pretty sure most everyone else here is too. It's people like you (the minority) that manage to piss off the rest of us (the majority)with this sort of crap. If I want to read rumors, scandal, and innuendo, I'll go pick up some copies of the National Enquirer. Here's one for ya, know what I heard? Some sheep but mostly cattle. Sounds like the BS you three have been throwing out!

So, here it is boys. Either put up and spill what you know here, or, get out of town. Personally I don't think between the three of you we will get anything but more cryptic and undecipherable crap. Or have the guts. You got something to say? Then say it! Quit being a bunch of pansies. You obviously have something you guys are just DYING to spill, so spill it! Or have you not got the cajones to do it? I think the latter. So prove me wrong.

I'm calling you out boys. Think you can handle it?

t.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was told to have a look, I am in cape town.
let's check quickly, as quick as the lousy internet connection allows.

IP adress change (internet cafe, like me?) no flat rate here.
"sabotage by mechanic"
"holiday", of course nothing happening here until 5th or 12th
"we are here to express our opinions"
yes, but there always be a conflict of interest. Or misinformation to cover one's own back.
CAV is not present in the forum?
Shelby is present- what is he told?
Website to watch state of assembly, sounds good.

Some facts, a lot of assumptions. Rather say nothing and leave customers (Cobra buddies) in the dark.

I also saw those chassis'. I called CAV's number (holiday until 5th of Jan).
Who said: don't believe what I saw. Sold!
Maybe moved.

What can I do for you?

Dom, Cape Town
Old 12-28-2003, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guys from SA dont make any sense. Is there a language barrier or are you trying to be difficult?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:53 AM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by A friend

taken 13th of dec, pic from a line up of chassis CSX4753 to 4760
how does one add pictures and what is the max file size?
Email me the pictures and I will resize them so you can post them.

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 12-28-2003, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ff2_emtb

I've got a novel idea......

How about Deacon, A Friend and Mechanic....

EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Listen up you primitive screw heads! I've been reading all three of you post nothing but pure BS on here for days. And ya know what? I'm sick of hearing it. And I'm pretty sure most everyone else here is too. It's people like you (the minority) that manage to piss off the rest of us (the majority)with this sort of crap. If I want to read rumors, scandal, and innuendo, I'll go pick up some copies of the National Enquirer. Here's one for ya, know what I heard? Some sheep but mostly cattle. Sounds like the BS you three have been throwing out!

So, here it is boys. Either put up and spill what you know here, or, get out of town. Personally I don't think between the three of you we will get anything but more cryptic and undecipherable crap. Or have the guts. You got something to say? Then say it! Quit being a bunch of pansies. You obviously have something you guys are just DYING to spill, so spill it! Or have you not got the cajones to do it? I think the latter. So prove me wrong.

I'm calling you out boys. Think you can handle it?

t.
Hey ff2_emtb ....

You need to simmer down there a bit, buddy.. First of all I am not to be included with "A Friend" or "The Mechanic", this is not to say they do not have a right to the opinion, because after all this is a forum of opinion. Second, I have not handed out any mis-information or created any crap, and I have as much stated so more than once...or have you not been listening or reading?? Third, I asked "A Friend and The Mechanic" both to spell out exactly what is that they are trying to say and to not be so cryptic, but I guess you were not listening or reading that part either.

Lastly, I am looking for information on here, and just trying to be involved in the world of Cobra, both of which I think are noble endeavors. So, my suggestion is that you calm down just a bit, ok...

Thanks
The Deacon
Old 12-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ff2__emtb,

You are absolutely correct.

TT
Old 12-28-2003, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Talking I gotta get mine in too!

The eagle has taken off......

The badger, knows the eagle.......

The Postman is having a donut, while the Milkman works....

Signed

Eric Brown (mostly non-cryptic)
Old 12-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Asp, you left one out: "The squirrels are posting!"
Old 12-28-2003, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

and my aunt is storing nuts for the winter
Old 12-28-2003, 10:58 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Talking Re: I gotta get mine in too!

So what your saying is that your wife sent you out for milk and eggs this morning while she sleeps in late .

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by Great Asp

The eagle has taken off......

The badger, knows the eagle.......

The Postman is having a donut, while the Milkman works....

Signed

Eric Brown (mostly non-cryptic)

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS