Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   Nasty Rumors (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/77015-nasty-rumors.html)

Excaliber 06-30-2007 08:50 PM

HST is building the Shelby edition of FB cars. Amy (or someone who knows) when you say SPF is also 'delivering FB cars', does that mean they too are specifically building Shelby cars, or just building SPF's like they always have?

There should be a distinct difference between a 'Shelby Authorized' product (beans, guitars, trinkets, etc) and a genuine Shelby built product. It may be 'semantics' but it sure seems like the point needs clarification. Well, then again, maybe not, what the heck IS a 'genuine Shelby' anyway... :D

Confused Shelby fan!

EDIT:
DOH! It is Hi Tech parent of SPF, not HST in Mexico. Not the first time I got those two turned around. :D

Stentor 06-30-2007 08:56 PM

HST is in Mexico and has no affiliation with Superformance. Hi-Tech makes CSX cars in South Africa (and also manufactures Superformance cars, as well as other cars--such as the Noble). The CSX cars that Hi-Tech builds are built to Shelby specifications (and are completely different from Superformance cars).

RedCSX1 07-01-2007 07:13 AM

Yep..

Stentor is correct. The Shelby built by SPF have round tube frames and everything else that makes a Shelby a Shelby including the aluminum IRS. A friend and I have completed three Shelby rollers to running condition this year. I for one can say that build time has greatly improved. Good job Amy.

Morgan

John McMahon 07-01-2007 08:12 AM

Anyone looking for a fiberglass Shelby, my buddy Peter in Long Island still has his for sale (CSX4242)!

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...duct=186&cat=2

Semper Fi 07-02-2007 03:06 PM

Guys,

If you want to order a Shelby.......call Lance Stander @ 949-900-1951 (owner of Superformance) and order a car from him. The wait time is approx. 6 months according to Lance (remember, he is building them, so he should know)

I put down money on a new Shelby roller 2 months ago--anyone want to take this over and just re-imburse me of my deposit? Let me know.

gerard@theloanfinder.info or call my cell at 760-805-7947

Lance has been absolutely awesome to deal with and treats his customers like they are the only one!!

lineslinger 07-02-2007 04:36 PM

Semper FI,
Help me understand your post.
Are you saying order a Shelby through Superformance? (No hassles with SAI?)
Does this suggestion mean you can bypass SAI production for a properly registered SAI automobile, built by SPF?
Why are you willing to bail on your Shelby reservation/deposit?
Are you indicating that you can purchase a
Shelby with all proper registry and badges through SPF?
Maybe I am reading too much in to your post but you do have my attention.

computerworks 07-02-2007 04:49 PM

no confusion....

Superformance- US Distributorship is owned by Lance.

I believe that some (if not all) of the SPF dealers are now appointed as Shelby Auto dealers and can service orders for CSX cars, in addition to the standard SPF cars... two separate and distinct product lines.

stush 07-02-2007 06:25 PM

I am just a little confused. HST is making CSX cars for Shelby and so is Hi-Tech? Two separate source for Fiberglass cars. Between these two are they identical? Can a person pick where they want theirs made?

computerworks 07-02-2007 06:30 PM

HST picked up the contract first on recent 'glas CSX cars outsource deal.
Hi-Tech was cultivated as a second source, at a time when HST was slow to deliver.

Both are made to SA specs.

I think production releases have been let to both, in batches.

I bet you could 'spec' a Hi-tech car if you ordered thru a SPF / SA dealer... :p

RedCSX1 07-02-2007 06:54 PM

Lineslinger,

Good opportunity to own the best. You need something good to drop that 427into! GO FOR IT!!!!!

Excaliber 07-02-2007 06:54 PM

I wonder if HST (Mexico) will continue to be an additional supplier as well as Hi-Tech in the future...

richsd 07-02-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stush
I am just a little confused. HST is making CSX cars for Shelby and so is Hi-Tech? Two separate source for Fiberglass cars. Between these two are they identical? Can a person pick where they want theirs made?

Unfortunately this type of confusion is another example of how Shelby has diluted and bastardized what was once a great operation and brand. People on this forum are totally confused by what the heck Shelby has done with this and who he has sold his name to this time. Imagine how confused people that don't participate in this forum must be.

computerworks 07-02-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richsd
Imagine how confused people that don't participate in this forum must be.

I think people who have no knowledge of the forum are much happier than us fruitcakes who follow the minutia of the backstage business. :p

They order a car...and get it. ....Done deal.

:p ;) ;)

big-boss 07-02-2007 07:25 PM

This has been going on for years, Ever since my first Cobra-Butler in 1987. At first it was the leagal system to get his fair shair now get as many broke back companies they can to try and crank them out so the cash will flow. Sort of like the empoier in Dune-- "The spice must flow!" The CSX cars are very nice the extra money I do not see as worth it. Too bad for the guys that have them it couldn't help the value.

computerworks 07-02-2007 07:27 PM

Mod Note....

...don't let this drop below the line and end up a bash thread.

Thanks

RedCSX1 07-02-2007 07:29 PM

??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by richsd
Unfortunately this type of confusion is another example of how Shelby has diluted and bastardized what was once a great operation and brand. People on this forum are totally confused by what the heck Shelby has done with this and who he has sold his name to this time. Imagine how confused people that don't participate in this forum must be.

Shelby is in business to sell cars. They have two operations that build Cobra's to Shelby specs. Where is the confusion? Of course you could be just stirring the pot.

RedCSX1 07-02-2007 07:33 PM

When you are done

Quote:

Originally Posted by big-boss
The CSX cars are very nice the extra money I do not see as worth it. Too bad for the guys that have them it couldn't help the value.

You will have way more money in yours than I will in mine, and mine is a Shelby. :eek: :D

lineslinger 07-02-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCSX1
Lineslinger,

Good opportunity to own the best. You need something good to drop that 427into! GO FOR IT!!!!!

I dunno' Morg, this kind of scenario just makes me more leery.
If SAI is at the top of the hill (in terms of car value and their own opinion) why do they allow their badges to be awarded to cars built by other companys?
Are they not supposed to be special?
If an original CSX car is being judged, does it not make a difference who built it?
IMHFO, there are too many irons in the fire all claiming responsibility for a "CSX" car. If that badge carries any REAL 1 weight, don't you think it should it should be built by Shelby and not their suppliers?

RedCSX1 07-02-2007 07:42 PM

Lineslinger,

I have helped complete four Shelby's built by HST in the past year. They are very nice cars built to Shelby specs. Inspected by Shelby to insure that everything is completed to your or the owners satifaction. As much as people say it does not matter that their car is not a Shelby, it does matter and it shows when you or others decide to sell them.

G.R. 07-02-2007 07:44 PM

Sigh!......