Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Shelby American, Inc. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/)
-   -   Nasty Rumors (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shelby-american-inc/77015-nasty-rumors.html)

bdeutsch 03-01-2007 03:03 PM

Nasty Rumors

Hearing that production has ground to a halt down at HST in Mexico and they have not delivered any cars in months.

Can anybody substantiate this? If true, does this perhaps have something to do with SPF (or whatever the new name for company is) ramping up production?

Still at the crossroads regarding purchase decision (CSX or Kirkham), so perhaps overly paranoid at the moment when I hear this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Bob

bdeutsch 03-01-2007 03:21 PM

Yet More Confusion

Shelby dealers listed under Shelby Distribution USA (Hillbank) are not exactly the same list of dealers found on the SAI site.

Can anyone from SAI explain the difference?

Thanks,

Bob

Igofastr 03-01-2007 06:39 PM

Do yourself a favor, and just buy the Kirkham :).

bdeutsch 03-01-2007 06:49 PM

Sadly, from at least one perspective, kind of coming to the same conclusion....Bob

Stentor 03-01-2007 08:51 PM

I can't comment on HST, but from what I've heard Hi-Tech is still cranking out fiberglass CSX cars.

computerworks 03-01-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeutsch
Shelby dealers listed under Shelby Distribution USA (Hillbank) are not exactly the same list of dealers found on the SAI site.

Can anyone from SAI explain the difference?

Thanks,

Bob

Neither company has a handle on what it takes to maintain a current, useful website. :rolleyes:

If I wanted to know who the Shelby dealers were a while ago, I'd check the Shelby Autos website.
If I wanted to know who the Shelby dealers were today, I'd just pick up the phone and call Shelby Autos.

Shelby Distribution is a master distributorship that is part of the cross licensing deal. It seems they have signed sub-dealers that are contracted by Shelby Distribution, NOT Shelby Autos.

sportyworty 03-02-2007 06:03 AM

HST is building cars to an incredible standard. These are Carbon body cars. They are doing very well with the International 9000 series Cobra's.

Murphy 03-02-2007 07:18 AM

Buy the Kirkham

I was at the crossroad like you last year. You will not find a better built machine nor more honest hard working people than the Kirkham's.

RedBarchetta 03-02-2007 07:55 AM

FWIW.

If I had the $$$ and the hard-on for an all aluminum Cobra, and taking into consideration all of the discussions that have ensued on CC over the years regarding the wait times and deception that the Shelby organization truly reflects, it would be a no-brainer decision for me....Kirkham all the way. Minimal wait, all the quality and 10X the level of service. People have literally died (Darryl-RIP) waiting for a Shelby.

My $0.02 (again, FWIW).

-Dean

csx700? 03-02-2007 08:39 AM

I also must recommend the kirkhams, great people and a great product. I am aware that shelby is having the old series 1 and some of the cobras being put together at a facility in escondido calif., the company used to put together a less than desireable SUV called the "forza" and they also were the same people who used to build the "monster miatas"...............they hosted a socal shelby / cobra club meeting a couple of weeks ago..........

Power Surge 03-02-2007 08:46 AM

CSX4000 production has slowed down a bit in the past month or so, due to some parts supply issues from outside vendors. But Shelby is far from behind in production. They are actually already into building cars in the 4900s now.

As for which car to buy, I am not going to say don't buy a CSX, but you will also not be dissapointed with a Kirkham either. Great cars, great people.

SP01715 03-02-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csx700?
I also must recommend the kirkhams, great people and a great product. I am aware that shelby is having the old series 1 and some of the cobras being put together at a facility in escondido calif., the company used to put together a less than desireable SUV called the "forza" and they also were the same people who used to build the "monster miatas"...............they hosted a socal shelby / cobra club meeting a couple of weeks ago..........

I live about 10 minutes from the place. I will have to do a drive by.

Mark IV 03-02-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

cobras being put together at a facility in escondido calif., the company used to put together a less than desireable SUV called the "forza"

Actually, it wa the "LaForza" an Italian built chassis/body unit based upon a European military vehicle. They tried to be an "Range Rover" alternative.

Rick

csx700? 03-02-2007 12:24 PM

Mark IV
you are correct

LURK 03-05-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBarchetta
FWIW.

People have literally died (Darryl-RIP) waiting for a Shelby.

Actually, he got his Cobra and even drove it long enough to get sideways with it a little, as I recall. It's worth remembering that a lot of people here went out of their way to get Darryl his car.

csx700? 03-05-2007 09:49 AM

LURK
if i remember correctly it was just short of the villagers storming the castle to kill the monster or was it the local citizens storming the jail house to lynch the murderer...................should it really have to be that way ?? by the way thanks to the villagers and citizens for changing the outcome.........

Excaliber 03-05-2007 09:53 AM

EDIT: Sorry, the fellows name is DWAYNE not Darryl.

I'd like to think Darryls case was one of a kind, a tragedy on many levels. But alas, I fear there have been many other victims from various manufacturers who have had their dream shattered while remaining in good health. We hear about some of these people on occasion, I hope the number is small...

No doubt Darryls case was, "Somebody get a rope

Power Surge 03-05-2007 10:01 AM

Who's Darryl???

Or are you guys talking about Dwayne (I'm dying and I just want to drive my car)?

Igofastr 03-05-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Surge
Who's Darryl???

Or are you guys talking about Dwayne (I'm dying and I just want to drive my car)?

Sal, I believe you are correct.

Nice car, BTW.

RedCSX1 03-05-2007 10:11 AM

The problem was the dealer NOT Shelby.

Quote:

LURK
if i remember correctly it was just short of the villagers storming the castle to kill the monster or was it the local citizens storming the jail house to lynch the murderer...................should it really have to be that way ?? by the way thanks to the villagers and citizens for changing the outcome.........

And Finishline (in Vegas) still has major problems with delivery of overpriced Shelby's. I know first hand since a friend of mine fell victim to the sales pitch 2 years ago and has invested over 140K in a Cobra that is still not done. I used to like Roy Hunt in the past however I have no respect for him now!:mad: