Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default bondurant racing photos

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum, but not to cobras –
I’ve admired this beautiful car for as long as I can remember –
I’m currently in the middle of an entire house renovation that includes a new 2 car garage –
My goal is to finish the garage like any other room in the house & give it a vintage racing motif with pictures of cobras GT40’s and vintage mustangs –
I’m hoping some of you guy on this forum could help me out finding some of the pictures –
I’ve collected a bunch of digital cobra pictures from the internet, in recent years, but can’t seem to find one of Bob Bondurant racing a cobra –
If anyone has any that they’d like to share, or if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I can find some nice 8 x 10’s, I’d really appreciate it –
Well, thanks in advance, I’m looking forward to learning a lot from everyone on this forum about cobras –
Frank
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TTT
Anybody out there?
Come on, someone’s gotta’ be able to point me in the right direction or have some nice pictures that they’d be willing to share.
I’m really surprised that no one has responded yet. I thought everyone would be posting and I’d have multiple pictures to choose from.
Thanks for reading.
Frank
Old 03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Have you heard of Dave Friedman. He was the official photographer for Shelby American. His photo are in many books including ones that he authored or co-authored.

I just googled his name and found out you can buy his pictures from him.

http://www.dfphotoservices.com/galleries/galleries.cfm
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Frank:
I picked up a CD last year at the SAAC meeting in Utah that has several historic Coupe pictures along with pictures of Peter Brock as well as Bob B. Bob B. was also selling his book capturing his racing history, loaded with pictures, which you may find at Barnes and Noble or by writing Bondurant at his school. Send me a PM with your address and I'll burn you a copy of the CD I have and you can make your own prints. Another source, The Miller Motorsports Park in Utah has several large b&w and color prints for sale of Cobras, Coupes, & GT 40's racing.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys for responding to my post, I really appreciate the help –

1ntCobra:
Thanks for the information & link – I’ll check Friedman’s site later tonight, if not tomorrow morning –

LREYBURN:
Thanks for the heads up on the Bondurant book, I’ll check the store for it over the weekend – I just checked the Miller Motorsports Park site & didn't see any pictures, maybe i'm looking in the wrong area on the site?
By the way, I just sent you a PM a few minutes ago –

Thanks again guys,
Frank

Last edited by fljjmarz; 03-26-2008 at 06:35 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

flj
Please see shelbyamericancollection.org

Great posters, etc, great guys and good friends.

They are in Boulder CO (almost) and VERY worth visiting. More or less, everything Cobra and GT40 real is there. Wonderful place to visit.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington