Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shell Valley Companies

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2003, 08:18 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Default Shell Valley Owners Sign in Here!

Take a moment to drop in and tell the group about your ride.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, LS1
Not Ranked     

I got mine back in Feb., I'm in the building stages right now and can't wait to finish it.
Shell Valley 427 Cobra
2004 Yamaha XLT1200 Jet ski
Old 05-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 67 Shell Valley - Kevlar; 514:TKO
Send a message via AIM to Jahred
Not Ranked     

I "started" my project three years ago now. I shoulda had them "finish" it. Very pleased with SV service.

The car looks great. The folks that did the paint worked their butts off and did a fabulous job. The car is a riot. Just did my first "drag racing" the other day. Think I'm hooked. Everything running smoothly right now cept I'm getting some clutch slippage in fourth.......gonna have to beef it up again.........
Old 05-23-2003, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have ours on the road since last July. It is shown on Shell Valley web site as the featured Cobra. It was a fun project to build. I did all the work except the paint job , which is 16 coats of Kandy apple red. SV peolpe where great to deal with when ever I needed them which really wasn't to often but always there with the answers.Now the best times are coming when we get time to show it off or cruising or just running it around ..........
Old 05-23-2003, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

More than likely mine is a Shell.
Got mine last year, its a blast!
Still a little dress up to do.
Would like to stroke it, and get some webbers.... eventually.

Cheers
Jim
Old 05-23-2003, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Took delivery on mine in June '95, had it on the road a year later. Small block mopar engine and a833 four speed. Handles predictably and seems to be a good performer except the Mustang II brakes. Upgraded to Master Power and have had no more issues melting pads during 'spirited' driving.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My kit got here in late February and has been a blast to work on
The body is in the paint both rite now, paint was shot a week ago and it will be buffed out on Monday. the motor is all done, its a 351w with Ausi 351c heads making just shy 0f 470hp. I hope to have the motor and trany in the chasis by the end of the weekend and the car ready for the road in 6 to 8 weeks. Would have pics but the camera is on the fritz. Love the Shell Vally Kit
did a CR a few years ago but like this one better.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 351W Tremec 2004 Cobra SVT Convertible
Not Ranked     

Rich Lacey delivered my Shell Valley in June of 2002. Shell Valley has been a great company to work with. Anytime there was a question someone was there to answer it. I have worked weekends assembling it. It is now completely dismantled to go to the paint shop. The fellow painting it mentioned how surprised he was with the quality of the fiberglass work. He said it would take very minimal time to prep for paint. It is scheduled for Monday to the paint shop. I used a Ford SVO 351 (360hp) along with a Tremec 5-speed purchased from Mike Forte. The kit assembled very easily. Only minor fabrication needed to be done. I am very happy with Shell Valley and the quality of their kit. Hope to have it on the road by the end of July.
Hog
Old 11-23-2003, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, stock Ford 302
Not Ranked     

Hog- please define 'small fabrication' before I order a Shell Valley kit.
Old 11-23-2003, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tabs had to be welded onto side pipes. Door latch support needed a couple of brackets welded on. The welding I needed done I took to a welder to have done. Could just take the pieces and not the car. Drilling to mount various parts. I would suggest a person buy an angle drill to get at some of the tight places. Milwaukee makes a nice one. Brackets bent to mount the gas tank. It was a fun automobile to assemble.

Take a look at my gallery and you will see various pictures taken during the assembly. I was completely satisfied with my kit.
hog

Last edited by hog; 11-23-2003 at 05:09 PM..
Old 11-25-2003, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I bought my car used this spring,mostly because it had an awesome drive train and I got into it pretty right,I am in the middle of a total rebuild to mostly get the car more "correct" and hopefully lots more drivable,it has turned in to more time and money than I hoped,I have learned lots though and am glad this is how I learned it,when you try to make something into something it really isnt,there is no stopping,I sort of wish I had just driven it.
I like my car,and it will be very nice and visually close to correct when I am done,but I would not buy a shell valley if I were looking to build a new one,I think there are better cars out there for the same money.
having this car and realizing I could never be satisfied with it caused me to order a SA CSX,I figure it is as close to what I want as I can afford.
Tk

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 11-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

I'll try to post some pictures of my SV car. My wife says that I seem the happiest when I'm messing with it or driving it. I'd say she's right.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:20 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh, yes, she likes it too.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bought my Shell Valley used a month or so ago. So far so good. Have some plans to get rid of the wimpy auto trans that is in there now. I have a Word Class T-5 ready to go. I also plan to get rid of the stamped Mustang II A arms and go woth tubular ones just for the better looks. I would also like to add the black roll bar and some other goodies. I just put on 295 50/15 tires and they stick out a bit! What can I do about that? I wanted a Cobra for 15 years and finally got one. Should be a good learning experience.

Greg
Old 11-26-2003, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greg
The offset on your wheels may not be correct. The guys at Shell Valley could probably tell you what the offset should be.
hog
Old 12-04-2003, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I was re reading these post and decided to put in my "gripe" with SV.
I have always wanted a real csx3000 and assume anyone who buys a replica has as well,so it seems to me any one would want their replica as close to that goal as financially possible.
I think Shell is a really good car,and the people there are great,but they make little effort to make an authenic looking car,even the show cars on the brochure look tacky,{the outset aftermarket wheels,ride height,the funky dash and steering setup,etc}in MHO if they just tweaked the car a bit,remolded the dash to be more accurate ,reset the steering column and lose the deep dish steering wheel,you get the point ,a few things that shouldnt affect the production cost would make the car much more pleasing to the eye,and save the builder tons of work.
I may be a bit old school,but when I saw the SV show car in nashville this may ,I would have been embarresed to say I owned one,much less that I built them for a living and this was my premier show car.All that said,,I think it will be a great car when I am finished,,Tk

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 12-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would agree with misfit41 that authenticity has not been SV's strong suit. I rather believe that SV's market niche is for the guy who wants a "decent" replica for an affordable price.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re wheel offset

I contacted Shell Valley and the Halibrand Knockoff wheels I have aparently only come in one offset. Shell Valley said that due to the WHeels and their knockoff conversion kit from 5 lug, the wheel swere moved further out. Shell Valley said they can sell me a narrower read for $850.00. I think that I could probably have my own rear (the cars rear that is) narrowed for less than that.

Greg
Old 12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We have a Shell Valley built in 1991 by the previous owners of Shell Valley. The car has had its share of problems over the years, but we are getting them sorted out thanks to the new ownership and employees of Shell Valley. The previous owners of Shell Valley did not make the quality kit that the current owners do.
We went to the Spring Fling this year in Nebraska. I think that the folks at Shell Valley (Rich Anderson, Rich Lacey and all the crew) are some of the nicest people I have met in any industry. (I hope that Zummer got over the sun burn) Also on my list of great people are Bob Kallio and his crew from Midstates and George Anderson from Gessford. Great people in Nebraska. And that is coming from a Colorado Football fan.
I recommend any of these people to everyone and anyone who will listen.
Any, by the way, we love our car. It only has a little old 302 for power. Do not worry too much about that funny sound. Darn loose belts kind of sound like a blower sometimes
Dick Thompson
Old 12-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SV...good people to deal with. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.