Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shell Valley Companies

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2003, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black Shell Valley with Silver stripes, 351 "Cleavor" powerplant
Not Ranked     
Question Missing wiper motor cable!

I have recently purchased Rick Carnahan's Shell Valley Cobra, and I couldn't be more pleased. Very few things have been left incomplete for me to finish. One of the few is the installation of the wiper motor and cable. He has sent all the remaining parts he had left to install (very few - it all fits in a small box!), and I'm missing the cable to the windshield wiper motor. Could anyone tell me what diameter cable this is supposed to be, and if it is common enough that I might be able to buy it at a local hardware store? Any tips on the installation from experience? I'm a little stumped on how the cable attaches to the cable arm as well - I didn't have one attached to see as an example! Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 351W Tremec 2004 Cobra SVT Convertible
Not Ranked     

Brad
See if you can locate a the December issue of Kit Car Builder magazine. This issue has an excellent article with photos of the cable driven windshield wiper setup. The cable is a special cable that has a fitting on it to attach to the ecentric mechanism in the wiper motor.
I have found a couple of excelent articles in this magazine since subscribing to it. There was a nice article on emergency brakes also. You can subscribe at www.kitcarclub.com
hog
Old 11-16-2003, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brad
Take a look at the last page of the pictures I have posted and there is a diagram on how to connect relays up so your wipers will automatically park. The relays can be purchased from Jameco Electronics for 3-4 dollars each. This setup worked great on my Shell Valley.
hog
Old 11-16-2003, 08:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black Shell Valley with Silver stripes, 351 "Cleavor" powerplant
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to pick up an issue of that mag today! Another question out of curiosity - Are you running an electric fuel pump? What kind do you have and where did you mount it? Did you have problems with pick-up on the suction side? The outlet on my tank is at the bottom, and I've been told that most electric fuel pumps need to be mounted close to the outlet and at the same elevation to avoid cavitation and suction problems (gravity feed). I plan to try a Holley "Red" mounted about six inches above the tank outlet with an inline fuel filter before the pump. I will have about 12 inches of line from the tank to the pump. Any suggestions from experience?
Old 11-16-2003, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brad
I am using a mechanical fuel pump. Works fine on my 351W Ford Motorsports engine.
Hog
Old 07-29-2010, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster (427 Style)
Not Ranked     

I am new to the forum and I am building a Classic Roadster kit for a freind. We got this from a guy that just left pretty much the complete car at my freinds shop and never came back. I am building the wiper system and the cable that came with the kit does not appear to work with the 75664J motor that I have. I opened the back case of the motor to install the cable and only drive portion of the motor is a worm drive. The motor looks new. Does anyone have a photo showing the cable attachment to the motor. This has me stumped. It appears that there are some missing pieces here.