Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shell Valley Companies

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- 390 FE, 4 speed toploader, 3.50's
Not Ranked     
Default Thank you Dana and Shell Valley!

The wait is over. I picked up my chassis at the LCS on Saturday, and it looks absolutely great! It will take awhile to get it done, but if the rest of the build is as big a pleasure as my dealings with them up to this point, it's gonna be a great ride! It was also nice talking to Dana for awhile!

Just wanted to thank SVC, and Dana if you are reading this, thanks to you as well for everything you've done, including bringing it to me all the way from Nebraska.

Greg
Old 06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shellvalley 428 ford
Not Ranked     

Hi Greg,
I could not agree with you more. Dana and Shell valley are both GREAT !!
Byron
Old 06-28-2006, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 418W, tremec 3550tko, 9" ford rear, 3.0 gear, silver/black
Not Ranked     

I would have to add my cudos to the Shell Valley crew also. They are top notch when it comes to going over the top with customer service!!
Dana, you are the man!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

They are a great bunch! Not only all the help with LCS this year but I just plain look forward to seeing Dana and the guys every year.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley CT-427, 357W, TKO600,
Not Ranked     
Talking Thanks to Shell Valley

The Shell Valley guys are great. Although I came late to the show on Saturday, Dana took the time to answer all of my questions. I have been speaking with Bob and Dana about ordering thier kit, but wanted to meet them in person and see a finished roadster before plunking down my deposit. They were very accomodating, raised my comfort level a ton and my confidence in Shell Valley.

Tuesday I called Dana and ordered my roadster kit.

Duff

Last edited by Duffinatur; 05-28-2008 at 09:26 PM..
Old 07-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

Congratulations!

I don't think you will be disappointed. I think they're a good company. If I were building another car today, I'd start my search with them again.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: original a/c. shell valley 427. daytona coupe
Not Ranked     
Default shell valley

I would ask you not to tell this to dana. I have known him for quite sometime and talk to him way to much. It will go right to his head and there is no room to put him in a bigger office. That is of course unless a new building is brought in just for him. I am pleased to here that your'e dealings with shell valley are good, If any of us can help please let us know........mahlon........... miller/motorsports shell valley dealer.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It just keeps getting better...

Well, in the midst of my original quick post, I failed to mention a couple things. I ordered the chassis in raw steel as I was planning to paint it- in fact, the POR-15 was here in the garage waiting for the chassis. I also at the last minute ordered only the front shocks and coil overs. When I got to the show, I noticed it was powdercoated black and had all four shocks on it. I figured the rear shocks would come off once we loaded it onto our trailer, but was wondering why it was black. I guess the powdercoating was a mistake, but Im glad it worked out that way. The shocks, Dana told me he'd just leave them on there and add it to my next bill. Awesome!

Since then I have looked and flipped through the manual a few times to familiarize myself with the build in general, and I have done a little painting. I removed the spindles, rotors, and caliper adapter plates and painted them with the POR-15. The rotors are painted in the center just to avoid rusting. I also took the steering rack off and polished the center section along with the brake lines, and then clear coated them with Glisten-PC...awesome stuff!
I am ready to start the back brakes, but they are on backorder so im trying to find something to do to pass the time. LOL

I take the new axles out of the box and slide them into the housing to see how they fit. After a slightly confusing moment regarding the spacers and axle bearings, I notice that when the axle is spun, the opposite side spins the same way! I start thinking that will save a few bucks, then we decided to check the gear ratio...it is under 3.5, so im assuming it has either 3.40 or 3.45 gears! I was originally thinking of maybe 3.71's or something, but it's close enough right now that it's not really worth spending the cash- plus a top loader is sounding pretty good too!

Well, thats about all I have got done so far, but its all in fun.

Greg

Last edited by blueovalfanatic; 07-19-2006 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

Sounds like you're on your way. I've always liked dealing with SVM. I called for Dana the other day and missed him, but another fellow cheerfully answered my question. On your axle ratio...I've got a 3.25 and I can steam the 295's all the way through 1st, part of the way through 2nd, and chirp 'em in 3rd. All with a mild small block and a 5 sp. If I were you, I'd stay with what you've got until you drive the car a few hundred miles. It's kinda nice on a quiet evening to bump it up into 5th and let the revs fall to 1800 at 55 mph. In-car conversation can resume and the car almost becomes semi-civilized.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Greg -- I met you at the LCS when you were talking to Dana -- I could see the sparkle in your eyes. Good luck on your build you picked a great car and organization. -- I know this will be an exciting adventure and remember no throwing wrenches.
Mike, thank's for the ride around the track - it is always nice seeing old friends. About Dana -- next year he needs to return the "Handicaped no parking sign" to Walmarts parking lot.
Mike
Old 07-20-2006, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scott, congradulations on ordering your Shell Valley -- I hope you enjoyed the LCS and will drive your's next year --- I think met you at the show while you were at Shell Valley's display -- again good luck---
Mike
Old 07-26-2006, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike- Sorry I havent responded until now. I apologize, but not only am I bad with names, I talked to alot of people there also. Excuse me for my ignorance, but I was wondering which one you were. It's just nice to put a face with a name (assuming I can remember it). LOL As for throwing wrenches, I will try to refrain.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Greg--- I was the biggest guy -- Dana and Frank were talking to the customers and answering all the questions. I was doing the cleaning, that seems to be my job. --- But as you were talking to Dana I was standing by you -- I had the yellow Cobra on display -- with the numbers 41 on it. How is your build going? I hope you have it ready for next year's LCS. The guys from Shell Valley have been fantastic -- they are my adopted Cobra family. I really believe you made a good choice and I believe Dana and Shell Valley will back you with what ever you need. Let me know how it's going and my buddy Frank built a Shell Valley and knows those cars in and out. Also, the guys in the Ohio Coba Club (Columbus area) built one for the LCS and I know you can use them as a resource.
Mike
Old 07-30-2006, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, now I remember. In fact, I finally got the tape back from my dad yesterday from the LCS, and I watched it for the first time. You and your car are in it.

Unfortunately, it will be awhile before it's done. It will be built on a budget, and I/we are planning our wedding too, so thats gonna set it back even more. LOL Ive got most of the parts painting done on the chassis, and just took the 390 out of my truck to tear down and rebuild. Im busy cleaning and painting parts now. Again, it will be awhile before its done, but i'm just trying to make progress whenever time allows.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 07-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I had a different expirience. I contacted Dana and asked for more info. on their products. He said he would send it right out. 2 weeks later I call to see what's up as I've never received anything. I was told Dana is out for the day but they would leave a note for him to call me first thing in the morning. No call, no info. 1 week later I call and said if that's how you treat your customers, I'm not interested. 1 week later, I receive the info. packet. No follow up calls or anything. Sorry but I don't call that customer service. I decided to buy elsewhere.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry JWD- I dont know what to tell you. After typing several different responses, I remembered the old saying "If you don't have anything positive to say...", so I thought it was best to omit them. Thank you though, for hijacking my thread.

Greg
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Greg, Since there were so many posts touting Dana and SV, I thought I would add one also. Sorry if my post didn't agree with what the others were saying about SV as my expirience was different and thought others might want to know. I don't consider that hijacking your thread. Congrats. on your new kit. SV makes a very good product.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: alum 427 side oiler block. Edelbrock heads. Roller crank, roller cam, 2-4 barrel carbs, quick change rear-end, 683 hp....oh! and ostrich skin heated seats!
Not Ranked     

Hey all you guys...I really need your help and input. I have heard alot of good things on this site about Shell Valley... but I really need to know if there is anybody out there that has experienced any problems with Shell Valley's suspension ???
Old 08-01-2007, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

I'm a previous owner....didn't have any problems whatsoever with the suspension.

Also, to JWD:

If you asked for some information from Dana specifically, I know there was a time a little while back where he was off from work for a little while for the loss of his mother.

Having dealt with Shell Valley for 4 years, I have NO negative things to say about them and in all actuality, I've never heard a bad comment about them aside from yours....so I'm sure there's a logical explanation.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:23 AM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

I have to agree with blykins, I've been dealing with SV for over 4 yrs and never once been dissatisfied with there service, Dana has been more than helpfull

blykins, do you have a pic of the dash you built for yours?, thinking about going that direction