Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shell Valley Companies

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Evryday is a roadstr day
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RHD Hurricane street roadster HM1081 aging nicely in the garage
Not Ranked     

Seems the new owners have some history with race and car related business, seems they bought it for some reason, hopefully better reasons than the guys that bought Hurricane, and it would seem to me, we should all be rejoicing. Here a company, good or bad or half bad, is given a new lease on life, most of the employees get to keep their jobs (in these times we should all be happy for them) and a company that is vital to the industry's parts supply will be kept open. While they may scale back their business for abit to stay solvent, let's get on the "atta boy" band wagon and give 'em a break or at least a bit of time to prove themselves. With any new owner, things get re-organized, a few new folks come in and maybe those old problems will be gone with the old business name...
ken
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

I had a problem .......key word..........HAD , I got over it,you can too
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

I have had a great support with SV, and will continue to deal with them, Dana was always prompt with answer's to my questions, and Rich was always a delight to talk to, As far as I'm concerned they bent over backwards to make me satisfied, good luck to the new owners they have my support
Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley CT-427, 357W, TKO600,
Not Ranked     

I've had nothing but good experiences with Shell Valley. Dana, or ANYONE else who picked up the phone, was always helpful. I ordered my car the way I wanted, paid 1/2 up front and the other 1/2 soon after and got my car in the time Shell Valley promised.

I'm not sure anyone except Rich Anderson and the new owners know why the company was sold. All the talk of sending employees home, notifying customers to pick up thier cars, etc.. . these can all be part of a legitimite sale procedure, if it happened that way.

When I sold my business, I sent my employees home for an opportunity for the new owners to "hire" them, and for a full accounting of all assets, post sale. Some of my customers had projects in house and employees had thier own tools, all of which had to be removed during the sale. Each sale of a company can be different than any other.

Compaq must work for a competitor or something.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I ordered some parts on thier web site about ten days ago. No acknowledgment, no parts, nothing.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 514 SVO ... now a 4.6L with an AOD!
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the well wishes and kind words!
Things are still a little hectic here but most everything is falling into place nicely.

727pilot, not sure how we missed your order but give me a call or shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you what you need.

888-246-0900
svf@megavision.com

Thanks,
Dana
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

No dog in this hunt, but I want to wish the new owners well, and success! it's always nice I think to have another option for buyers, and parts for existing owners.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Seems the internet and online forums such as CC have helped with escalating communications and exposure, raising the bar and leveling the playing field between businesses and consumers. If email does not work, this forum shure does.

However, in this case IF everyone here gives Shell Valley and the new owners a chance to get on their feet on the ground a bit first to get things sorted out, it sure might help.

Hats off to anyone who is brave enough strong enough to take over and push a business forward coming into or out of a distressed economy.

Seriously, let's all give them a big round of applause and wish them well before anyone starts beating them in the back of the head with a big bat on 1-week old orders and stuff. Time will tell.

Good Luck SV.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane HM1073 Keith Craft Genesis 427FE/482 CI
Not Ranked     

What decooney said.

GL SV
Old 06-03-2009, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Brand new owners come in but decide NOT to change the company name out of loyalty to the existing customer base, then they are punished by the old owner's pissed off customers. If it were me I'd just change the name of the company. Expensive and
painful, but sure better than being slammed for something that happened previously.

Good luck to the new owners.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

I would never wait ten days for a responce , if i didnt hear in from them after 2 or 3 days i would be on the phone. The new owner did change the name to Shell Valley Wheels ......best of luck to new owner.......