SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 08-13-2001, 03:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Gainesville Gathering

I am planning to drive up to the Gainesville rally in October, and check out the gathering of "snakes". Could someone please give me a few details on where most of the members will be staying, as well as, a little bit of the itenerary? Does anyone have a wild ass guess as to how many members and their cars might be attending?

Also, what club is closest to the TampaBay area, in that I will probably be road worthy with my Unique FIA, by late October, and I would really like to touch base with some owners in my area? I would love to see some of the Cobras in my neck of the woods, and benefit from your experience! Thanks for any info whatsoever!
Old 08-14-2001, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Gainesville Gathering; Deep South Cobra Club

Fiafred,

Under local clubs, top of Clubcobra homepage, go to DSCC. You will find answers to all your questions answered there.

We still have a few spots open for the Gainesville track date.

captainjack
Old 08-14-2001, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     
Hi Fred,

Right now, there are 15 drivers signed up for the event with a maximum of 25 to be allowed. I'm not sure where everyone will be staying but if you check the threads under the DSCC header that captainjack mentioned, I think you'll find some info you can use.

I'm only about an hour's drive from Gainesville so I don't know if I'll get a room or not yet.

Some of the guys in the club were meeting at Old Town every Saturday night, you might want to check and see if they're still doing that. If so, you can get together with them and see some nice Cobras in your area.

BTW, welcome aboard and nice choice on the Unique FIA! How's it coming along? Are you building it yourself or having someone else build it?

Mike
Old 08-14-2001, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Info Thanks

CaptainJack,
Thanks for your return reply on my G'ville inquiry. I'll check the club forum you suggested and look into "my nearest cobra cousins" in my locale. Talk to you later.

Mike,
Thanks for the additional info with CaptainJacks. Also for the good wishes on my FIA. I notice that you have an Everett-Morrison. I bought a frame from E-M 15 years ago, and started to put together a Cobra at that time. Their shop was located about 2 miles from my office, so I stopped by often. Well, it seems that my bride thought that my two infant boys needed everything available in the world in which to spoil them with at that time, except for a Cobra! Man, how many times has this story been written! Well, now my boys are 15 and 16, and my bride thinks that "we guys" need a project to bond by. Hey, who am I to argue with the mind of a woman. She suggested that we build that Cobra that dad always wanted- go figure. Being the good boys that we are, we took mom's advice and researched current snake habitats. Because I intend to drive the car regularly, the choice narrowed to an FIA, and then Unique. As for who is going to build it, Unique is going to do lions share. My boys and I will disassemble, prep for paint, tweak chasis and mechanical, and reassemble. Picture it now. The 15 year old with a philips head, over riding the screw, and customizing the show paint, while my 16 year old, backs the chasis out of the garage in order to get a better angle on that frame bolt, and reconfigures the trunk assembly. Life is good. Mike, thanks for the nod. I'll stay in touch.

FIAFRED
Old 08-14-2001, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Great Father/Son Project, Fred!!!

And kudos to your bride for recognizing a terrific opportunity for you and your boys to maintain your relationship during the tough "teen" years. I'm sure your boys will love it!

If you happen to find yourself in the St. Augustine area any time soon, I'd be happy to show you (and your family) around town in the Cobra....... (one at a time of course)

Mike