SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R and CSX 6029
Not Ranked     
Default BendPak Lifts?

I'm looking at 4 post lifts, mostly for storage purposes but also to help with work as well. I am pretty ignorance about these things... Does anyone here have any experience with BendPak lifts? I know little about the company...have been told it is an American company but the lifts are made in China. What brands are Am. made? Likely, this subject has been beat to death so my apologies for my ignorance.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane - FE
Not Ranked     
Default Lifts

Almost all lifts in the "home-owner" series are made either in China or Korea. You have to move to professional levels to find units that are made in America. In doing so, you'll increase your cost about $2,000 since they are designed for increased daily use.

Rotary Lift (right up the river from you, in Madison, IN) makes the professional series. They designed the homeowner series (Revolution) and make them in a plant they own in China, using their design, their management and Chinese labor. They found this was the only way to control quality of the product.

Look at their site, Revolutionlift.com

They also own Forward Lift and Direct Lift. Each is a notch down from the other in price and amenities - you get what you pay for. Lot of factory and field support on the Rotary Lift brand and Revolution series; Less on Forward, and Less on Direct. Same way with warranty support and time period.

Rotary Lift is what you'll see in the majority of shops and car dealerships. Probably 75% of the total market. They are designed to continued, daily use in a full service environment.

Hope this helps you.

Paul

Last edited by PaulProe; 11-28-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Old 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Paul knows his lifts.

Target Lifts in Burleson, Texas manufactures an entry-level lift called the Patriot worth looking at. I bought a used one a few months back and it is an excellent lift.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R and CSX 6029
Not Ranked     

Thanks, I'll check both of these out.

JWilly
Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Check out Greg Smith Equipment there in Indiana also, vary affordable and in business for over 20/30 years. They also have same type setup as others. We have several owners that have purchased Gregs lifts, I have a 4 post and my son just installed a 10K 2 post.
B i l l
Old 11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

Direct Lift has a very affordable quality lift. I've had mine about 4 years and no issues at all.

Last edited by Varmit; 11-28-2011 at 09:40 PM..
Old 11-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

I'm in the same situation, looking to purchase a quality 4-post list. All of my research has lead me to BendPak, however I won't be in a position to purchase for at least another 3 to 4 months, so I find this thread very interesting. Please keep the ideas/opinions/knowledge flowing!

Thanks,
Randy...
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

I bought a BendPak HD-9 about 2 months ago and am very happy with it.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M 427 Top Oiler stroked to 482 by KC, Stage 2 heads, a Quikfuel and Voila, 640 hp
Not Ranked     

I've had a Bend-Pak HD9 for 5 years. Couldn't be happier. One suggestion though, get 2 or 3 of the sliding cross members. I only got one and needed more a number of times when working on something needing the wheels jacked up.

Tim

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

I have had a Bend-Pak 2 post lift for ten years. Not a single issue with it. Love it.

I've been looking for a 4 post lift for my house garage where I can store two cars under my daily drivers and so far Bend-Pak is the only company that offers one that I can fit two tall (Hummer H3 & Full size Ford E-150 van) vehicles under it.

If anyone knows of another 4 post lift that goes high enough please post the information here.

Thanks,

Arthur
Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shellvalley 428 ford
Not Ranked     

I have one of these and could not be happier. The company was great to deal with, service was great and it assembled very easily and everything was complete and fit just like it was supposed to. It works great, very good quality. I would buy another one if I could. Maybe someday.

Byron

4 Post Lifts | CL 8,000 CSP 8,000 LB. Four Post Vehicle / Automotive / Truck / Car Garage Lift (Portable)
Old 11-29-2011, 09:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

talk to the garage where you get your daily driver fixed, or talk to the dealer that you have a relationship with, ask who they go to to repair or replace the lifts in their service department. this vendor of theirs will have, or be able to get, used lifts, and in doing so will be able to steer you to one that won't kill you or drop your car on its side when you lift it.

i got a 7000 lb cap. Benwil lift this way......it was 1200 dollars installed. uses 220 volt and the cylinder runs on dextron atf....

Fred
Old 11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

This is a great site for doing research on anything related to your garage.

The Garage Journal
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default BendPak Lifts

You can find out more about BendPak Lifts by visiting the website http://www.bendpak-lifts.com. Another brand of lifts that are American Made are challenger lifts. Visit the website for Affordable Automotive Equipment at http://www.affordableautomotiveequip.net to find out more about challenger car lifts.