SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A Source for Cobra Parts

Occasionally something breaks or wears out in our replica car. And many of those parts are not off the shelf items. I've met a Cobra enthusiast who also creates parts from scratch. His handle on this site is cobrakiwi. Craig has become a good source for information and car parts. I've visited has shop and this New Zealand transplant does some excellent work.

Recently we were talking about FE motor mounts. I suggested I'd like to move from the old style mount to a more recently engineered type. Craig said he could make that happen.

Here are the old motor mounts, along with the 3/16" rubber compression that's occurred over the last 15 years, which probably contributed to the two fiberglass scallops visible in the bottom of the passenger side body cut-outs where the pipes exit!

Here are the new mounts Craig fabricated for me.

I also talked with Craig about modifying my sidepipes to increase outflow. With Brent Lykins creating substantially more horsepower for me, I felt an increase in sidepipe size would be a benefit. My existing pipes are 2 1/2" i.d. through the baffled area, and I wanted an increase to 3" i.d. Craig purchased a pair of Classic Chambered Cobrapacks, each with a 3" i.d. Powerstick. The Cobrapacks are 4" longer by my choosing, than the old units. Craig cut out the old center sections of my pipes and welded in the new Cobrapacks. This is work in progress as I chose to take the re-worked pipes to a ceramic coater next week.

Here's a shot inside the old center section. Craig pointed out the flat obstruction evident around the perimeter of the baffle. The new Cobrapack from Classic Chambered Exhaust eliminates that obstruction for a smooth transition from the collector into the Cobrapack.

David

Last edited by 601HP; 08-02-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Old 08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Nice mounts and mods, Dave!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
Nice mounts and mods, Dave!
Thank you. Such are the results when the creativity and talents are found among our fellowship.

David
Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coombe, Shelby Block 496
Not Ranked     
Default Parts

David
Looking forward to seeing and hearing that new engine. We have made all sorts of parts here from alloy panels to suspension parts, frames to complete cars.
Here's a few pictures of other interesting parts we have made, headers for a under car exhaust, front control arms.
Attached Images