SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2002, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     
Default Viper/Cobra Hybrids

I just visited Randy Hunter the other day and he showed me a Cobra that he was customizing the frame to fit a Crate Viper Motor with a Viper 6 speed. This motor and tranny is very long and requires a 96" wheel base to fit. The motor is not that wide(probably not as wide as a Ford 460) and not that tall but boy is it long.

Well Double Venom you have a new kid on the block.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Ours fit just fine in a 94" WB car! Our next one will be a 90" WB.

Tell Randy if I can be of any help to just holler! Right now with all the improvements we finally got through Dodge the only real problems are the exhaust and gauges.

If he doesn't already know, tell him to make sure he does NOT leave out the battery temperature sender! (If you leave it out the alternator will not charge! If you wire up an aftermarket alternator the PCM wont read the voltage and , IF it runs it wont run worth a poop! "Battery Temperature Sensor". Who would have thunk it!

DV.. Good luck Randy! I see a great "grudge match" at the DVSF III.
Old 09-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     
Default How about a Ford V10?

I went to the Fun Ford Weekend at the Ennis, TX Motorplex this weekend. There was a guy with a Mustang GT, about a 1999, and he had put a Ford V10 in it.

I know this is a truck engine, unlike the Viper engine. There are probably no aftermarket performance parts for the Ford V10, but this guy had a screw-type supercharger mounted upside down UNDER THE INTAKE and between the lifter valley. If forced air via a custom aluminum intake boxup into the bottom of the intake. At least it cleared the stock hood.

DV, only you could appreciate the amount of custom engineering must have taken.

John
Old 09-22-2002, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

John,

I've talked to that gentlemen. Only to harrass him about using a "truck" engine! He said it was the only V-10 Ford had!

Your right. I do appreciate the work that guy has done! it simply is amazing and a non stop 3 year project at least. I wish I could see it run.

DV--If you don't get it, I can't explain it to ya' !