SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2003, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default Glovebox installation

I have an older EM .I bought a glovebox Kit.It includes a fiberglass glovebox a vinyl covered door , a pattern for the hole and a small pinch of parts mostly for the latch.I assume that the door is installed from the outside and the hinge is pinched between the inside of dash board and the fiberglass box.I plan on covering the dash after sandblasting and painting w/a padded black vinyl cover.How is the glove box attached to the dash with a covering?I can't picture the screwsheads showing. Somebody have any directions or ideas? Before I go of half cocked and make a mess of the whole thing.Special hard whare so box can be installed after vinyl and help clamp off the vinyl from inside.Screws not showing .

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 01-07-2003 at 06:58 PM..
Old 01-07-2003, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, Boss 351 w/ TKO 5 speed, 94 vette suspension
Not Ranked     

Michael, the glovebox dash from EM comes with the opening already cut out and aluminum flat head bolts counter sunk into the dash and welded in protruding towards the back. I purchased a blank dash and had to do what you are describing. EM provided me with a drawing that also showed the location of the mounting holes, and supplied me with the aluminum screws to weld into the dash.
You are correct about the door mounting from the outside and being clamped between the dash and the glove box. I also ended up mounting my latch from the top outside of the glovebox through a slot instead of the top inside to get the striker to align properly.
Why are you painting your dash before covering it?? That sounds like extra work.
Tim
Old 01-07-2003, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

it's a rusting steel dash.To keep rust from happening. Ever seen a vinyl roof with rust bulging underneith?
Old 01-07-2003, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, Boss 351 w/ TKO 5 speed, 94 vette suspension
Not Ranked     

You must really have an old EM. My dash is aluminum. Oh well, steel makes it easier to weld the bolts in to mount the glovebox but harder to cut the opening. Good luck!!
Tim