SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2004, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superformance/351 Cleveland
Not Ranked     
Default back-up lights

when going to the brake and light inspection do they require a back-up light?
Old 02-10-2004, 03:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 393 stroker, Tremec 3550, about 425 hp, MDA GT40 289
Not Ranked     

If they do, go to Tony D. Branda and get some of those 65-66 mustang backup lights. They look period correct. I wish I'd have put them on my Classic Roadsters, as the ones that came with my car look more like fog lights mounted to an add on fiberglass bracket. Definitly looks like an afterthought.

Jim Downard
Old 02-10-2004, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I'm using the traditional Lucas L691 tail lights and you can get thes in a single filiment (L691) for turn signals or double filiment (L692) for stop tail lamps.

The guy I bought my lights from kindly sold me have L692 bases with yellow lenses instead of red for my tun signals. I'll the brighter fillament for the turn signals and use the other filament for the back up lights. I'll probably uses fit a temporary white lamp for the inspection and swap the connections over later.

Cheers