SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 05-25-2005, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     
Default Mirrors

I have seen a couple of photos of cobras with rear view mirrors mounted high on the windshied post on both the driver and passenger sides. They were kind of a billet style, small, looked real nice. Has anyone else seen the same thing, and where they came from?

Terry
Old 05-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

They are Raydyot aluminium racing mirrors available from Finish Line http://www.cobraaccessories.com/ in standard or convex lens, for one source. They attach to mounts, a separate part, that attach to the windshield frame using the existing holes on the uprights.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

Like this ?

As GR posted, The Raydyot and bracket are from Finishline. This one has the convex mirror in it, which i would recomend.

For the passenger side, you will probably have to figure out a way to extend the mount, as the windshield frame is pretty much in the way.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B
Not Ranked     

Perfect! Thanks a lot.

Terry
Old 05-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: P. O. of KMS 91,92,193,196,197,205,207,S024
Not Ranked     

northwood cobra, if your useing an original style winshield frame when you mount the mirrors be carful about the length of you bolts if you go to deep you can crack the windshield, good luck, jerry
CSX 3355, 3358, 2200, 2571, 2295
GT40 #1086
Old 05-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     

Good advice! As longer screws are need for the mount.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Mr. Weichers is assolutely correct on that, and every make frame is a little different on the thickness.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

A friend of mine found out about the screw length when he mounted visors on his Cobra.

UPS brought him four windshields that were cracked when he opened them.
When the fifth one came, he had them hold it for pickup so he could open it at the counter as the supplier had hinted that he was breaking them.. So when he arrives at UPS, they bring out the windshield (packaged up), and the UPS personel proceeds to drop it on it's side edge from about 8 inches, and everyone standing there clearly heard it break.

Sixth time was the charm though

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 05-28-2005, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RU Carcrafters / 408 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I made my own plates and got the mirrors from finish line. I cut the plates and then sanded and polished them. I wanted them a little higher so I could see out of them so I drilled and tapped my own holes using #10-32 stainless allen heads. I also put a slight bend outward in the plate so that I could actually see out of driver and pasanger side mirror. Looks great and actually works. I will post some close up pictures tomorrow in my gallary.