Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Killer Mustang Build

I was looking at Ebay today and came across a picture of a car my son sold to a guy about 3 years ago. The list of parts goes on forever. He didn't finish the car but had spent a FORTUNE on the parts. It had the making for a beautiful finished project but other things became more important. I have no idea who bought it and no connection with it at this point. Scroll to the bottm and look at the video, it brought back a lot of memories.
Check it out:

Ford Mustang GT Hatchback 2 Door | eBay

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 04-14-2014, 02:02 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

$85,000, the seller is a little optimistic at getting his investment back, don't you think

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 04-15-2014, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Lovely car with some impressive parts, but I agree with Bill about the eye-watering price...!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

He got zero bids and he won't get someone to pay $85,000 for a 1991 Ford Mustang no matter what has been done to it.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 04-15-2014, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Yes the price being asked is rediculous and unrealistic. However I know first hand the list of parts is quite impressive. I wish the car could have been finished while my son had it. When it was sold it needed the interior done, and wiring reinstalled. The engine had not been fired. It had the makings of an oustanding car.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 04-15-2014, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Beautiful Fox and red to. I have always admired the 93 Cobra. For some strange reason, the only car that has ever caught my eye in red.

chr
Old 04-18-2014, 11:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker View Post
I was looking at Ebay today and came across a picture of a car my son sold to a guy about 3 years ago. The list of parts goes on forever. He didn't finish the car but had spent a FORTUNE on the parts. It had the making for a beautiful finished project but other things became more important. I have no idea who bought it and no connection with it at this point. Scroll to the bottm and look at the video, it brought back a lot of memories.
Check it out:

Ford Mustang GT Hatchback 2 Door | eBay

That number is gonna be tough. I'm only asking 20 for a 1991 with a 347, novi 2000, six speed, and IRS with the car being custom from front to back.

https://sites.google.com/site/91fordgt/home
Old 04-19-2014, 12:52 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Is this guy mad? I've got more chance of being raped by Elle Mcpherson than he has of getting $85,000.

Regards.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mando ********* View Post
Is this guy mad? I've got more chance of being raped by Elle Mcpherson than he has of getting $85,000.

Regards.
Kind of funny... if the car body had been a ac cobra the build would have gotten lots of credit... now it is "just" a '91 mustang with crazy mods.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
That number is gonna be tough. I'm only asking 20 for a 1991 with a 347, novi 2000, six speed, and IRS with the car being custom from front to back.

https://sites.google.com/site/91fordgt/home
What are you guys thinking You upload a video to show the car - and then destroy it by adding LOUD music - I take it the engine sounds like crap and the mods are not worth talking about...
Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Nice car, Rick! I'm betting the price is his guarantee no one will buy it & he just wants to show off his car.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not sure how he got to thinking it was worth anything near that figure.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fords
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker View Post
Not sure how he got to thinking it was worth anything near that figure.
This is how:

Wife: you have to sell the car

Husband: OK honey, I'll put it on eBay right now (for $85,000)

Wife: that's more like it.

Husband: (after the auctions over, with no bids). I tried honey, but the market must be down. I'll give it another try in a few months, gotta go for ride now, see ya...
Old 04-20-2014, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik View Post
What are you guys thinking You upload a video to show the car - and then destroy it by adding LOUD music - I take it the engine sounds like crap and the mods are not worth talking about...

Actually, the car is pretty quiet. It makes 550 at the wheels but it doesn't make much noise. The Backdraft car with the 418 was a lot louder. So is his 2001.

Besides, there's pictures of most of the mods....and I'm only 60. I like the music. I know you old guys aren't partial to it.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA - B2Motorsports Dart 331
Not Ranked     

Fox Trivia -

Quote:
Former Ford Vice President of Design, Jack Telnak, discusses the creation of the Fox at the Mustang 50th Celebration in Charlotte

By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

With each transition in the Mustang lineage there is a mixture of fear and excitement in the hearts of all enthusiasts. We all can’t wait to see what’s next, but we fear that it won’t be as good as what we have grown to love. This cycle has repeated since 1964.

As enthusiasts anticipated the coming 2015 Mustang there was a fear that the car would be “too European.” It’s a fear that we shared, because the new car is launching worldwide. The reason the car has fans all over the world is that it is distinctly American.

However, unless you are a longtime fan of the breed, you might not recall that the Fox Mustang was considered European at its inception. It has since come to be appreciated as the most traditional Mustang in recent memory. However, at the time, Ford management was ready to transition from the successful-but-derided Mustang II, they looked to the company’s European design chief, Jack Telnak.

Influenced by his tours of design duty in Australia and Europe, Jack returned to Blue Oval headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan, to begin work on the third-generation Mustang. Though he had some strong ideas about making the car more aerodynamic and efficient, while retaining its’ sporty nature, he had a bit of an uphill battle.

“Thou shall never do a slantback front end.” That was the commandment from Gene Bordinat, Ford's vice president of design, “Henry Ford II only wants vertical front ends, and he'll show us the door if we ever try anything like it.”

Eventually, even Mr. Ford recognized that the more aerodynamic style was the trend, and Ford had to remain competitive. With more freedom to pursue his goals, Jack assembled a team of designers to bring more efficiency and style to the Mustang. To do so, he took a unique approach, letting the designers choose the path the car would take, rather than him choosing his favorite. Jack left it up to the designers to choose the version they believed in and to be prepared to defend it.

Obviously this freedom and responsibility brought out the best in the team, and they would need it. That’s because they weren’t starting with a clean sheet of paper. They would need to create a sporty Mustang from the new Fox platform born with the Ford Fairmont. It was no easy task, and they tweaked the platform aggressively to meet the team’s design goals.

In the end, the team succeeded in building a sleek, light performer that enjoyed a successful, 14-year run. Moreover, the Fox still enjoys a loyal following today. Jack Telnak went on to lead other successful designs, like the Taurus, and he was at Ford all the way through the New Edge design phase until he retired in 1997.

Obviously, without Jack, there wouldn’t be a Fox Mustang as we know it. I would not be writing this story, and the path of the Ford Mustang might be completely different. It was a true honor to hear him speak, so if you weren’t there and you love Fox Mustangs, click play below and enjoy his talk.

As a final note, I hear that Jack will be coming to my town in October. If the SVTP nation is interested, I could try to set up a more in-depth interview with him.

SVTPerformance - Mustang 50th Video: Former Ford VP of Design discusses the creation of the Fox
Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, All aluminum small block ford.
Not Ranked     

Wow...just wow. Talk about over building the neighbor hood.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 8000 Slab Side series, 289 High Pro , Eight Stack EFI system ,TKO500
Not Ranked     

The engine had not been fired. It had the makings of an oustanding car.[/quote]

The makings of an outstanding car are not worth 85,000.
think your neighbors have too many kids.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Agreed.....My son sold it for about 15000.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Took me 29 yrs. to get mine to this level! Still has the original paint and interior,but everything else has been upgraded. Not close to 85 grand though!
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Another pic.
Attached Images