Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blykins

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default Everything About the 351 Cleveland

For those interested in 351C engines, a pretty thorough write up about them...

Everything You Need to Know About Ford
Old 06-14-2016, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     

Nothing in that article about the 1974 thru ~1980 continued production in Australia... with the benefit of hindsight its a pity ford had not wised up way back in 1969 and picked out the best features of the 351w vs 351c and got it right way back then... would have saved a lot of agro from the Bow Tie brigade.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:56 AM
Average Guy
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: red Shell Valley, white stripes
Not Ranked     

That was a good article...takes me back to my '71 Mach 1. It was a 4v car with a Ram Air hood and was pretty strong, particularly above 3000 rpm. Big mufflers and pipes gave it a beautiful exhaust note. Terrible visibility out the rear window. I have a Windsor now, but I still remember that Cleveland.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
Nothing in that article about the 1974 thru ~1980 continued production in Australia... with the benefit of hindsight its a pity ford had not wised up way back in 1969 and picked out the best features of the 351w vs 351c and got it right way back then... would have saved a lot of agro from the Bow Tie brigade.
There is, of course, the "Clevor" option...Cleveland style heads with a Windsor block, thereby offering the benefits of the canted valve design and the priority main oiling routing of the Windsor design...but that combination can be tricky with the valve-train geometry.

The Boss 302 was a splendid example...but in my dream world the combination would be an alloy aftermarket 4-bolt main 351W block stroked to 427 CID (a common build) with the alloy CHI Cleveland style heads...best of both worlds!!

Cheers!!

Doug

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

For those of you who are Cleveland fans, I do run my own 351C forum....

www.the351cforum.com • Index page

LoBelly likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: