Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 03-24-2018, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: dd cobra,351w mild cam
Not Ranked     
Default Weber Intake for 351W

Hi all,I've picked up a set of 48IDAs on a MOON SBC intake,but need an intake for a 351w...I have two ads on here,one is the MOON intake for sale and the other is a want ad for a 351w intake...I know Pierce sell a very nice one but I have no problem saying my car is a restricted budget built...other wise I would have no Cobra at all...that being said I would buy new if I have to but would like to trade the MOON for a 351w intake or buy a used one.
I have writen and called several makers of the Injection type intakes that use the 48IDA bolt pattern and they have all,but one,said that they don't sell the intake seperate from the throtle bodies...Borla Induction was the only one that will sell me one...nice looking piece and 585.00US(I'm in Canada)...also Speedmaster makes an intake with the 120mm bolt pattern for 478.00US
I am wondering,will the FI intakes work with the 48IDAs I have and if other people have used them with what results.
Also has anyone used the Price intake adaptor plates to put a 289(Cobra) intake on a 351w and would it even work given the longer and more misaligned path the charge would have to take...thanks for having a read...Steve
Old 03-26-2018, 02:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Has anyone had any experience with the Speedmaster weber downdraft intake like the one on Ebay...item,201627129509...thanks Steve
Old 03-26-2018, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

From what I've read Speedmaster for the most part has good products. Some folks knock them due to "the made in China" source. Personally I've only used a timing cover from them and the locator dowel pins were miss-located but an easy fix. I'd order thru Jegs as they have no hassle returns if you do have an issue.
Speedmaster PCE148.1033: Ford 351W Windsor Down Draft Webber Stack Intake Manifold Satin | JEGS
Old 03-26-2018, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Something worth noting is the manifold appears to have a vacuum log cast inside for power brakes or PCV etc.

Here is one, not sure if same as yours above Steve,:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-351...wAAOSwUn9aCsFB

I have had other Speedmaster stuff before, not as good as Edelbrock, Holley etc, as the one above needs some work to remove the excess flash etc, and like all manifolds it will need to be angle matched to your heads, and then port matched. At least this one says made for 50mm throttle bodies.
Not sure what would happen if opened up to 58mm with those tiny vacuum ports near the runners.

Gary

Last edited by Gaz64; 03-26-2018 at 04:30 AM..
Old 03-26-2018, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spdbrake..already have a China made 4barrel intake on my car now..it works great with no problems
Gaz64..that is the same as the one for sale in Ebay US..and it would be half the price by the time I figure in the exchange(CAD is par with AUD right now)..I've sent a message to them for info and shipping...Steve
Old 03-29-2018, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Whats the opinion of ATracing in Campbelltown AU,their the company that has a 351w Weber style downdraft intake...emailed them through Ebay AU,their own site and my own email and no answer...Do you guys down under have any dealings with them...thanks Steve
Old 03-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 427
Not Ranked     

Hi Steve. I don't see your ad for the Moon SBC Weber intake manifold.

How much are you asking. PM me.

Cheers
Greg
Old 03-29-2018, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

my427cobra..PM sent
Old 04-04-2018, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Checked with Atracing of AU....they don't ship to Canada...didn't say why. I know it would cost alot,but it would be over twice as much just in price from JEGS... Again..have a MOON 48ida SBC intake for sale OR trade for a 351W 48ida intake..Steve

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: