Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2003, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Black Crinkle valve covers

Does anyone know of a source for black crinkle finish tall valve covers that say Cobra or Ford Racing? I called Summit and all they have are the standard height covers.

Tony
Old 07-22-2003, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP #248, 427 so, 4spd, 3:31 salisbury posi
Not Ranked     

are you looking for samll or big block valve covers? I have a new set of black wrinkle with 427 valve covers with "cobra" and "lemans" underneath.

Last edited by rnunn; 07-22-2003 at 06:11 AM..
Old 07-22-2003, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique & Collectable 302, C-4,Ford 9 inch
Not Ranked     
Default valve covers

Tony,
I saw some in a magazine add for a parts vendor: Try "Tony D. Branda Shelby & Mustang parts" www.cobranda.com/
I saw the pics of your engine, looks awsome! Where did you get the C-4 ? Did it fit the A & C body, or did you need to make modifications?
Old 07-22-2003, 05:12 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Tony,
Try Jeggs, or your local Ford motorsports dealer. They have the small block and big block covers you are looking for.
Check out my gallery, I have them on my motor.
TL
Old 07-22-2003, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Valve Covers

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a small block engine with roller rockers. I need TALL valve covers. The only place I have found them is at branda's. His covers come in a polished aluminum and the friend who told me about Branda said he black crinkle painted his. Ford Motorsports and Jegs don't have them for the small Block engine.

Jerry, I bought the C-4 from one of the guys in the Upstate Cobra Club. There is no problem fitting the tranny. When I ordered my kit I told them what engine (351W) and what tranny I was going to use. Idon't know if they make any modifications or if the kit will accept either a stick, a C-4 or a C-6.

Today I picked up my Intake Manifold. I bought a used Edelbrock Performer RPM and I had it powdercoated in a metallic silver, looks awesome. I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

Tony
Old 07-22-2003, 07:23 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Tony,
You can use the FE valve covers on small block heads.
There is an adapter made to accomodate the roller rockers and all. There was a thread some time ago with pix of the adapter and sales info. Maybe someone can remember where and when.
TL
Old 07-22-2003, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft - 351W and AOD
Not Ranked     
Default I used AL covers and painted them

Tony

I am also building a 351w and purchased AL covers and painted them and than used paint remover to remove the paint from the high points - i used an engine paint - but so far seem to work fine

jim
Old 07-24-2003, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sorry "just" a 68 Shelby GT500
Send a message via Yahoo to 68gt500
Not Ranked     

Tony D Branda has the tall version of the black wrinkle Cobra covers. Give them a call.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

If you like the look of the shorter covers, pull the baffles out of them, use a socket and a hammer to knock some depressions in for the rocker studs, and grind off all the casting crap on the inside. They're only a "little" too short to fit over rollers. I spent 2 hours working on mine (an hour a piece) and they fit fine over some big ol' rockers and studs. I like the look of the short ones and that's why I spent the time. But to each his own, for sure. 'sup to you, but you CAN use the shorter covers. Just takes a little massaging and coersion.