Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2004, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 89 KEITH CRAFT ALL ALUMINUM 427 WINDSOR
Not Ranked     
Default Dyno Sheet On Kcr Windsor Stroker

HI GUYS
Since there was so much static floating in the air over on the FE TALK forum, I decided to post the dyno sheet to the stroked windsor that Kieth Craft built me. Needless to say, I am very happy with the results of this one. I am sure somebody will want to pick this one to pieces, but bottom line is I paid money for a engine from a reputable builder, product was delivered with a dyno sheet showing some results and she runs to my expectations. I have yet to run this thing full throttle, she is pretty scary.

DON
Old 07-07-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I tried to post dyno sheet, didn't work will try again, will also post it in my galley.

DON
Old 07-07-2004, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try to load again
Old 07-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     

KMP
Old 07-07-2004, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry guys I have tried to post dyno results several times, will not work but will try tomorrow .

DON
Old 07-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Don...
..the Gallery system is currently having a file-size problem; larger images are being rejected.... not your fault.

Hope to have it back online and back to normal soon.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 07-07-2004, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks RON

Man I was going nuts, I have loaded pictures before not much problem, this makes me feel much much better knowing I am not a complete idiot and somebody is watching over me. Again THANKS

DON
Old 07-07-2004, 11:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 427 Stroker Windsor/Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Don...just curious what hp you expect to get at the rear wheels?
I also have a 427 stroker, victor jr. heads, 286 comp cam, H beam rods and eagle pistons, fms aluminum intake with 750 speed demon carb. I would like to see 500.
Mark
Old 07-08-2004, 03:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

mark
i have a similar setup,where should i start?
i have out of the box vic jrs,950hp holley,12.2 compression running on pump gas(93 octane).
the first time on the dyno with a victor jr intake i made 392 rwhp.
this was with the biggest hyd roller crane made and the motor laid over very hard at 5600-5700. no amount of jetting or timing would produce any more power. so on to race gas,after jetting,timing and more fun i found a whole 5 hp. back to pump gas and a intake change to a super victor. the intake alone was worth 30rwhp. at last years fling i made 424rwhp on the dyno.
the motor was still laying over real hard at 5600-5700. decided it had to be valve float from the hyd rollers. the weekend before the fling this year i went crazy and put a xr292r in from comp. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!! the motor now pulls all the way to 6500-6700 rpm and the sound is incredible. unfortunately the dyno guys at the fling could not get my car on the dyno due to not having the correct hub adapters(jag rear) but i'm going on the dyno tonite to tune the new cam. anyone who saw me run at the fling can attest to how hard my motor runs,i do not baby it in the least.
i'll let ya know tonite later how the car does on the dyno with the new cam,if i dont make much more power i may be out of cylinder head. if i am, then its off to get the heads cnc ported.
chris knueven
Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default TRYING AGAIN

MARK

I will try to post another attachment, may work if not I finally got the sheet loaded into my gallery. We are tring to shoot for about 490 on rear wheel horsepower. Have only made 430 so far but my sidepipes were to restrictive gets to about 4500 rpm hits a brick wall. Got some new pipes on her no restrictions, well not much but fairly loud. Will be taking her back to the dyno shortly. Some of the other members have run into the same problem with there pipes, made new ones and picked up an extra 60-75 horsepower, will see if that works for me. Either way this motor is pretty dam awesome.

DON

Tried attachment will not load, but there is a sheet in the galley-sorry
Old 07-08-2004, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Chris and Don.
Chris....its seems like you may have a restriction or floating valves if it bogs at that rpm. I seem to have pretty good torque up to 6000. I actually have the rev limiter set to 6 because I have been told these stroker motors don't like much past that. Whats you opinion? Let me know your dyno results. Thanks Don , if you can send me your results at aeroleague@charter.net when you get them
Thanks, Mark
PS: I am planning on having mine on the chassis dyno as soon as I get her broke in. Hopefully in a few weeks. Ya'll send me an email and I will save your address then I can send you both the results.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

aeroleague

I have a 7000 chip in my MSD, have yet to rev to that, this motor can get pretty hairy quick. When I had the 3.19 gears in the car she would run 100 mph in second gear at 6000 pretty scary. She now has 3.73 gears. KIETH said winding it to 7000 poses no problems and it had a hydraulic roler cam. As soon as we can attack the chassis dyno again I will be sure to E-mail the results to you, Just an opinion alot of hosepower can be found with a good set of pipes do your homework on that deal.

DON
Old 07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info, Don. I'm running 327 gears and haven't tested redline mph in second gear yet. Yours sounds scary in second gear. Just curious ...what top speed can you achieve in first gear. I have a tremec 3350 with(I think?) 327 first gear ratio and its still not what I would like to see in first. I have already gone from a 355 to 327 rear. What do you recomend. I still feel
like I have plenty of low end torque to go to an even lower gear but I do not know if thats the way to go. I'm more interested in the 0 to 60 spectrum than top speed.
Mark
Old 07-08-2004, 10:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

mark,
just got back from the dyno at 1130,made quite a few pulls,well the bad news is the heads will have to come off the car,the good news is there is a lot of power still in the engine.
the dyno guys and i are both pretty sure i am flat out of airflow on my vic jr heads. after the cam change and tuning i only picked up 2 hp. at least the motor doesn't lay over at 5600-5700 like it did. the hp curve is now pretty flat from 5500 to 6500. the torque curve has no curve,jeez this thing makes 350+ ftlbs at 2000,400 at 3000 and peaks at 422 at about 4500.
the dyno owners son says with cnc ported heads there is no reason we shouldn't get to 500-525 rwhp fairly easily. now the big decision is to take the car down now or wait till winter!
don,
yep,stock exhaust can be very restrictive depending on the type of muffler used in the side pipes. i run 1.75 primaries with 3.5 inch loback mufflers(if they can be called that!). i dont know at wich point i will have to step up to bigger primaries. i was wondering what you had for heads on your stroker? any idea also on cam specs?
thanks,
chris
Old 07-09-2004, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

MARK

Never tried to see what max speed in first gear would be, that would be fairly rough on the tires.
I am running AFR 225 heads with a Davinci 950 carb and custom made 2 inch primary headers with a basic 3.5 inch straight tube sidepipe with a vortec cone welded in, fairly loud.
I know most peoples opinion on getting to and over 500 rwhp is it ought to be no problem, haven't seen to mant that has done it. It seems these cobras have too much driveline parasitic loss, don't really know why, mine has IRS suspension and that even makes the loss worse. I really can't imagine that you are runnng out of airflow on victor JR heads at that kind of rpm I thought those were pretty nice heads.
Only thinf I know about the cam is hydraulic roller, lot of duration, I believe it to be 252-262 at .050 only has 576 lift. from what I understand Kieth really likes that cam for some reason. I also run the victor 351 intake not the super. Only have 10.5 on compression-pump gas motor---hey it works.

DON
Old 07-09-2004, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

CHRIS, I am sorry I think that reply was suppose to be to you, Its Friday morning and I am still a little confused.

DON
Old 07-10-2004, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

don,
we think the reason i'm outta airflow is that the jrs are right outta the box. they have no portwork other than a quick gasket match check to make sure everything lined up.
i talked with the guys from edelbrock fri and they also agreed i'm right at the engine hp limit for the heads for right out of the box. if you figure driveline loss at 15-20% i'm making 500-540 right now at the crank. edelbrock said 500-550 depending on the combo,so i'm in the ballpark.
i really do like your header combo,if i decide to step up to victor heads with the spread exhaust port i will probably make new header with 2" primaries.
like you said it is not easy to make 500 rwhp w/o a blower,to give you a idea my dyno guys do a free day at jegs evey year.
last year they dynoed almost 100 cars and not 1, thats right, not a single car broke 400 rwhp. they said they had only a handfull break 300. so having 400 plus at the rear wheels is very impressive.
well off to good guys to give unique a hand with the display,
enjoy,

chris

p.s.-i hear a lot of talk about 500 rwhp non power adder cars but unless i see the sheet from the dyno or know the guys been using a dyno to tune ,its all talk to me!!!! its a lot of freakin work!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 06:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

Chris, you say swapping a Super Victor for the Junior was worth 30 hp? Did you notice any penalties at low rpm or drivability?
Old 07-11-2004, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default RETRY TO POST SHEET

HERE WE GO AGAIN

DON
Old 07-11-2004, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default RETRY TO POST SHEET

HERE WE GO AGAIN

DON

WILL NOT WORK FOR ME, THE PICTURES ARE IN THE GALLEY THOUGH.