Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Calabasas

For you guys who frequent Calabasas it is shut down. A bunch of us who have C1 and C2 Vettes have found a new sopt that we are starting up. My e-mail is gdavidian@socal.rr.com if you want more info
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

That's too bad. Hope the new spot works out.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

A bunch of us were served with a summons as we parked and went in for a cup of coffee. As I pulled up around 8:00 am I could see that something was up. There were two police cars and a bunch of renta cops. As I pulled in they informed me there was no car show today. I said what car show, I'm only here for a cup of coffee. As I got out of my car, five or six guys swarmed my car and one tried to hand me a summons. I didn't take it so the little twerp put it on my car, said they have my plate number and that I've been served. I got real close to said twerp and strongly advised him to remove what he placed on my car. He looked at his posse, then picked it up and laid it on the ground by my door.
Any attorney out there that would like to review the summons and let us know if we can ignore it?
Matt
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

That's a real shame. I wasn't there yesterday because of other plans but the week before there was a guy and a couple rent-a-cops telling about 100 of us it was time to leave and not come back. I was told by other participants they have been trying to shut it down for awhile. A perfect location central to many outlying communities which brought a huge mix of people and cars new and old, classic and exotic. Not to mention the great access to some incredibly fun roads to drive in the Santa Monica Mountains. A sad day for sure. Anybody else feel like a skateboarder?

John
Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Their loss.
I could almost bet that anyone that has been told not to bring their cars there also will not go there to do any shopping anymore either.
We have places up here where the businesses would almost fight with each other just to get a gathering like that every weekend.

Terry
Old 11-30-2009, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Hey, what about finding a Walmart...big parking lots and some even allow overnight camping for RV's. Super Walmarts have food and restrooms.

Here in Lake Havasu City, AZ we use Walmart parking for most of our staging for cruises...they never complain.
Just a thought.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Very short sighted on the part of the merchants. The ripple effect from a gathering of cool cars would be a plus (more people-more business).
The same thing happened here in Montecito on Coast Village Road. There use to be a great show some years ago only to be stopped by the local merchants. They seemed to feel it took away from their foot traffic (still cannot figure that bit of reasoning out and this was one weekend during the year). Most communities like the idea of an event to draw people in (be it wine, music, art, cars, etc.). Which businesses are in that mall? Wasn't this a morning gathering only?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Always seem to be a lot of bikes out at the rock shop. Should start a small early gathering out there or up on the lookout point up the road to the west.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

That would be fun to meet up on the mountain. Not a lot of parking unless your over on the shoulder in the dirt.

Jason
Old 11-30-2009, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Small group & early. Only way it would work out.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Some of the people from Valley Circle/Calabasasas meet up on Sunday mornings at the Western Bagel/Starbucks/Jamba Juice at the northwest corner of the Northridge Fashion Center, on Plummer a block or two WEST of Tampa. Plummer is the first street north of Nordhoff, in the San Fernando Valley. About 40 cars have shown up the times that I have gone there.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!